Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 2/5/2015 10:10:00 PM

I bought as small bottle at Sephora to use with my Clarisonic. It was $300 pesos (about $15 dollars) but I was in splurge mode so I thought "hey, it should be worth it". It wasn't. I don't really like the "natural" smell, and the texture is hardly magical. It is just an OK cleanser. But I prefer Cleanance by Avene or Effaclar by La Roche Posay.

on 2/2/2015 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This made my skin as parched and thirsty as the desert! This cleanser will be a nightmare for you if you have drier skin like mine. I received this as a sample and I do not understand what the hype is about. Also, the name is misleading because it isn't really "pure" at all, that's just marketing. This actually contains a lot of irritating ingredients. I'm glad this was free.

on 1/31/2015 11:21:00 PM

I heard so many good things about this but was not impressed when I finally got it. I purposely spent $100. at Sephora just to get the free sample of it, and I don't get why it's so loved. It's gentle and does get makeup off but that's about it. I don't feel like it did anything to my skin at all. I first used it with no makeup previously on and it felt like it just dried my skin out. Definitely didn't clean or exfoliate at all. Unless you want to use it as a basic makeup remover, I don't recommend it. At least try to sample it before buying.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this cleanser for my face! I have combo/oily skin that can get a bit dry in the Minnesota winters. It removes my makeup and eye makeup and doesn't dry out my skin! I still use a scrub with it because I need a bit of exfoliation.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

So I would recommend this to anyone who has normal, combo, or oily skin. It is amazing at taking off your makeup, thoroughly cleaning your face (even better with the clarisonic), and toning it. It helps clear your face if you suffer from breakouts, but it's really gentle and won't strip your face of the natural oils.

I've used this religiously throughout high school, and university. Now that I'm graduated and a little bit older, my skin has become a lot more dry and and doesn't produce much oil. If you are very dry like me, but live in a humid environment I feel like this would still work great. But if you live in a very dry climate, like myself... It might not do so well for you. It has given me dry patches, and makes my face feel uncomfortably tight even after moisturizing with a heavy face lotion.

Over all though, I still love this face wash. It never disappointed me for 8 years until my skin type changed

on 1/21/2015 5:48:00 PM

This is overrated to me. I broke out using this and felt like I had film on my skin. I never break out and my face usually feels clean. I never got what anyone liked about this cleanser.

on 1/18/2015 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not blown away. Just average to me.

on 1/15/2015 11:18:00 PM

If you are switching to this cleanser and have clear skin don't try this!!! It will break you out! I was using the Nubian black African bar soap and had cleared my blemishes after I ran out I switched to this buying a set of the 32fl. Oz. and the 8fl. Oz I really wanted to like this but it was just horrible on my skin, broke me out like no other!!! The smell don't like either smells like a hair dye color box. Horrible product!!!

on 1/10/2015 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This has been my HG cleanser while I was pregnant, and never went back to my old soap. (Yep I use to use soap...that's another review). (Using it for about 3.5 years now)

Creamy consistency, and great makeup remover. Doesn't sting eyes. I'm acne prone and does not irritate my skin at all. I use it along with my Clarisonic, love the results. It's just pricy. Also wish it came in a pump bottle for ease of use.

on 1/9/2015 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I use this cleanser in the morning only, so it doesn't have to remove makeup etc since I do that at night. My skin is very oily normally but lately I've been getting a lot of dryness on my cheeks and some flaking. This doesn't add any moisture but it doesn't seem to be adding to the dryness that much either. There is some minimal tightness to my skin after using but it is winter here in Canada and it's VERY cold and dry. I don't like the scent that much, very herbal. It's quite expensive for a basic cleanser. I'm not sure I would repurchase, don't know that it's different from Cerave foaming which is much cheaper. Leaving it as a would repurchase for now.