Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

Tried this after reading reviews. It was ok, nothing special. I think there is better stuff for a cheaper price.

on 4/6/2015 2:56:00 PM

I recently bought this product upon the recommendation of another shopper at Ulta. She raved over it. So far I'm very happy with it. I like that it cleans away all my makeup and doesn't burn my eyes. It's non-drying on my very mature skin and leaves no residue. I'll buy it again as long as I can afford it. It's not cheap!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Received the purity made simple cleanser, daily exfoliating wash and hope in a jar as a pre-Christmas gift.

I use Jargens All-Purpose Face Cream before cleansing, so can't rate based on makeup removing ability; however, it cleansed the remaining residue off my face well and didn't dry out my skin. I have used more hydrating cleansers, but at least it didn't leave my face feeling dry and taut.

Why the rating of one lippie? There's an ingredient in this cleanser that causes my eyes to slightly sting. I don't put cleanser in my eyes :). As soon as I rinse my face, my eyes begin to feel uncomfortable.

on 3/21/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I just recently started using this product. Overall I love the cleanser and it removes my makeup wonderfully! My T zone is a little oily and I'm trying to determine if the cleanser is causing it. I absolutely love the smell of this cleanser. This cleanser does not over dry my skin.

on 3/16/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff! Nothing gets my makeup and oils off lmy face ike this cleanser. I have dry sensetive skin and i never had a single breakout because of this. Very good for acne prone skin too. It feels gentle on the skin and i love the settle smell! Im on my second bottle, and i will definitely purchase again :) The only thing i dont like is the bottle, sometimes can be a bit hard to get out..

on 3/11/2015 9:18:00 AM

This is my favorite cleanser of all time. I first received this as a sample from Sephora. I ended up liking it so much that I went and bought the full size. I use this morning and night. It makes my skin feel so soft and clean afterwards. Overall, I've seen improvement in my skin since using this cleanser. Most other cleansers I've used made my skin feel tight and and a bit red afterwards, but this doesn't at all. I'm so glad I came across this cleanser. My skin loves it.

on 3/6/2015 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't mean to sound over-dramatic, but this has changed my life. I have suffered from acne ever since I was 11. Most cleansers, makeup, or even the weather broke me out. Although 3 cycles of accutane had calmed my skin down and I no longer suffer from painful cysts, I was ALWAYS getting zits. Unfortunately I also have the penchant to pop them.

When I first started using this 7 months ago, I was really impressed by how it managed to wash off all my makeup. I typically use my facial cleansers twice in the shower - first, to remove my makeup, then a second time to cleanse my skin. Most cleansers dried out my skin and I suffered from terrible breakouts because of that. But not with this! However, my pores get clogged waaaay too easily and this doesn't really help with that. I have to exfoliate my face daily, because it gets bumpy THAT quick. I am currently using the Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion with this, and then I moisturize afterwards with Hope In A Jar. My skin has never looked so flawless. I thought that I would never experience clear skin again without being dependent on accutane.

The packaging isn't really travel-friendly and I often end up wasting a lot of product no matter how I try to seal the bottle whenever I travel. It is also a tad pricey, but with all that I have gone through to get clear skin, I find that this is a fairly small price to pay.

I will keep buying this product for as long as I can find it. I am also keen on using this together with the Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash.

on 2/25/2015 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Gets all my makeup off gently and that's all I need from a cleanser. So gentle you can get it in your eyes and it doesn't hurt at all. I used a neutrogena wipe afterward to see how much makeup was left behind and there was no residue. If I'm lazy I'll use just the wipe, but washing my face is better overall. Have to moisturize afterward, but I need to do that no matter what I use.

on 2/23/2015 11:25:00 PM

My favourite cleanser for now, but I'm still looking to find something better because this isn't my holy grail. It's a great cleanser and it does what it's suppose to but I don't find it amazing. I like the scent of it and I've gone through two bottles now and I have 2 as backup that I purchased on sale so I'll probably still continue to use it. It has a nice scent and I love the texture.

on 2/22/2015 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is one of my favorite cleansers that I've come across that isn't a cleansing oil. I have severely dry, sensitive skin due to chronic illness and can't use a lot of products due to the fact they cause severe reactions. This is one of the few cleansers that causes no stinging, burning, rashes, dryness, or rashes. On top of that, it gets rid of makeup really well. You do have to work for a little bit at mascara and I think you'd have to work even longer at waterproof mascara, but it gets it completely off. It leaves your skin feeling clean without feeling stripped. There is not a lot of lather to this product, if any, but it's a myth that lather is necessary for cleansing so that doesn't matter. I would recommend it to all skin types, but especially those with sensitive skin. Take it from me, I have the type of skin where sometimes water burns when my dry patches get too bad. This is awesome and until I find something better, I'll keep using it.