December 18, 2014 | 1649 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2014 More reviews by UrbanFacedMacnamedNYX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this cleanser so much so I bought a second bottle. My skin rebelled against me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by LenaOfDC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Someone at Philosophy sold their soul to the devil to make this. It's too good to be true. I use this for a full 60 seconds twice a day and it leaves my combination-oily skin beautiful and matte (nearly all day!) without any tightness or dryness. Hasn't caused any breakouts. Skin is softer and smoother than ever. Love, love, love.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by ohmydiamond

worst product i have ever used do not buy

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by vivian308

My friend recommended this to me. She wears a lot of makeup and she said this takes out makeup very good, so that is a good sign for me. I've always been skeptical about this because it has a lot of oils and my skin doesn't react well with oils..but I went ahead and buy a bottle to try. To my surprise, this does remove makeup really well, the creamy, liquid texture kind of get me thinking this is just some light duty cleanser, but I was wrong, it removes makeup very well and didn't make my skin tight at all. I really like it and I kind of enjoying the scent of those fragrant oils too..I will keep using this for the whole 2 weeks and report back but so far so good, I'm liking it

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find this to be the best cleanser to use with my clarisonic mia. I have dry sensitive skin and this cleanser neither irritates the skin nor leaves dry patches. Rather than having a foaming consistency, it has almost a milky consistency and leaves the skin clean without feeling tight or dry. I should add I only wash my face 1x a day with this and it's at night to remove my makeup. I think if you used this 2x it may be too much for the skin.

My recommendation is to use a small amount at a time and purchase the travel size bottle before committing to the actual sizes. If you use a small amount a time, the travel size bottle will last you a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by fashionismybesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My skin dislikes this product, very, very much. It broke out like crazy when I used it. The scent reminded me of something, of LUSH. That should've been my sign to return it and close the cap, but I couldn't do that (It should've been my sign because Lush and I are allergic to each other, even the bath bombs break my body out). Not only did it break me out, but it spilled al over my luggage. This product has black pepper in it, an irritating ingredient. If you want a place to give you the truth about what your paying for, check out paulaschoice, she sorts through the ingredients in products.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by ItsmeBritt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this cleanser for almost 2 years now. I really like this cleanser. I think it does his job very well. This cleanser removes all of my make up. It doens't dry my skin out. It is just a basic cleanser. I use this cleanser with my Clarisonic Mia 2 and I love the combination of this two products. You can buy a little travel size at Sephora if you want to try this cleanser out. I really recommend this cleanser :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Kphx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my first time trying a philosophy cleanser and I was really excited to try this out but it made me breakout !! I don't break out EVER it was very creamy had a good smell Nd everything but broke my heart I'm glad this works for a lot of people I wish it would of worked on me I'm going to stick with my enzyme cleansers by DermaMD idk why I strayed away ....at least the bottle is pretty and will look cute on my bathroom counter !

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Mryberry

I have been using this product for 3+ years now so I feel like I can offer up a decent review here. Bottom line, this cleanser is amazing for an everyday face wash. I use it morning and night- it's great with a clarisonic as well. Plus it will last you a VERY long time. I buy one every year at Christmas time when it's on sale (24oz). I do have a few cons though. One being it doesn't remove makeup incredibly well. I wash my face and still go over with Bioderma when I have a lot of makeup on. And secondly, of course, the price. This soap is very overpriced considering how "simple" it claims to be. You're paying for the brand. I say get a sample before you purchase, as with most products anyways. But I recommend it as it's a high quality, fresh, everyday face wash for most skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Cheer15star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the small 10 dollar bottle of the cleanser and i Love it. I have been using it for 2 weeks now. I have oily and problem (acne) skin. This product even out my skin tone and gave my skin a soft and firm feeling to my face. I gave it a 4/5 because i still get one or two pimples. Overall it is a great product.