Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Don't know if I have reviewed this before, but it has been my daily evening cleanser for about 14 years or more. Can't remember exactly when I started using Philosophy products (started with the infomercial auto-delivery and since have purchased from QVC, Philosophy and Nordstrom), but almost all of my skincare is Philosophy. This cleanser is terrific and doesn't leave you dry, just very soft. I have had the 32 oz. pump on my sink for at least 10 years. This is the only line of products that I have been able to use consistently. In the past, after 6 months or so products would start to break me out or would stop working altogether.

25y/o, combo/norm skin, no skin conditions, just looking for a facial regimen to stay youthful. 5 star only because this product is amazing. The price can be on the higher end at first, but this product goes a verrrrry long way!! When I read reviews I was hearing that it has a scent that lingers but it actually has a lemon citrus scent to it to which I don't mind and does NOT linger at all!! I also pair this with their sample size of the anti aging eye cream and moisturizer and it even looks better!! I for the 32 oz bottle a month ago and have not even gone through 1/4 of it!! I use only a nickel size and it goes a long way. I stopped washing my face twice whenever I had makeup on just to take it off ever since I got this product. One wash does the work!! I'm not even exaggerating either. Does not foam which I love because I feel like the foam cleansers have ingredients that strips the natural oils of my skin. It's not a creamy wash either. I bought mine at Ulta and it came with a gwp of the philosophy travel sizes of the cleansing and anti aging line. Definitely has been and will be my holy grail cleanser!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Purity is my HOLY GRAIL facial cleanser!! I have purchased several bottles and eventually just got the huge bottle with the pump. I purchased a double pack and gave one to my mom, who is also in love with this cleanser. I have dry to normal skin so I love the cream texture. The scent is so refreshing and pretty - after all these years I still enjoy smelling it every morning and night! I do use this twice a day and I also add one pump to my clarisonic, which I use 4-5 times a week. I will never switch cleansers! Love it!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this for the past five + years. Immediately after I began using, I noticed my break outs ( yes-adult acne) dramatically decreased. All of my make up was removed and my skin felt clean. I make certain I am stocked when I travel also. Certainly a well used item in my home. Both of my girls are using this now, too.
Religious use every morning and night leads to a clean acne-free face!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This product smells so good. Love the smell and Philosophy's packaging, but this stuff breaks me out and has parabens in it. Boo. I would like to try Purity for the Body though because I like the smell.

I finally decided that I should try this cleanser after many reviews stating that it is gentle enough for dry skin. I've been using it for two weeks and generally use it at night to take off my makeup. While it does a great job of removing makeup, I cannot get over the smell when I am washing my face, it is absolutely horrible. The smell does not linger for long but just enough for me to be bothered by it. While I like how it cleanses my skin I definitely will not purchase this again due to its smell.

I love, love, love this cleanser! I use it morning and night and my face always looks clean, clear and smooth. I can definitely notice a difference when I don't use it. I love the packaging, and consistency of this cleanser.

The skin on my face can be somewhat temperamental and Purity has never irritated it, in fact, it seems to calm it down when something has bothered it.

I always stock up during the Sephora Black Friday sale and I get enough to last me through the year so the cost isn't an issue for me. Although I would be absolutely willing to pay full price for it.

I do not like this cleanser. I have dry, acne prone skin and this irritates it even though it claims to be natural. After a week of use I have noticed little bumps on my skin. The slight chemical smell is extremely off-putting.

I am switching back to CeraVe stat.

This was a really average cleanser, wanted something to clear up my breakouts but was just too gentle i guess

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I felt obligated to write a review because I honestly had no desire to buy this cleanser, I wasn't for it or against it. However, my mother ended up getting on this philosophy kick and she gave me an 8 oz bottle of this. I'm not oblivious to the hype that surrounds Purity, but it just didn't seem like my cup of tea. Because of this, I was intrigued when I got it and happy to try it risk free to see what all the fuss was about.

I was more than pleasantly surprised. This stuff removes makeup like nobody's business. It cuts through tough eye makeup like butter and it is absolutely, unbelievable gentle at the same time. It leaves my face feeling so clean and soft, not dry and tight. It's just a great experience, I love the way it feels and works. It's smooth, creamy and has just the right amount of foaming action, hardly any, but enough to give you that feeling that you washed up really well.

The problems I have with this and why I can't give it 5 lippies is if I use it exclusively I eventually start breaking out and have to go back to something with salicylic acid or something of that nature. Also, I do think the price is a little on the inflated side (I rarely use price as a complaint either, I usually feel like you know what you are buying when you buy it type thing.) That's not a huge deal for me though because I'm always using different products and have a constantly evolving rotation. This product has become of staple for me though. Since I stumbled upon it, I've used 2 bottles and I just bought 2 backups because I want it in my life that much.

The makeup removing power and the pleasure of use make this something I reach for often and I highly recommend giving it a try at least once.