October 20, 2014 | 825 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:38:00 AM More reviews by mushroom8118

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It was my 29th birthday gift from my best friend in Nottingham. I've been using this cleanser every night for half a year now (first use on 10 Dec 2013) and this cleanser is AWESOME!!! Can be used to cleanse the eye area of makeup. Does not irritate my skin whatsoever. It removes all my makeup and is very gentle on the skin. It doesn't "strip" my face and cause major drying effect. My skin feels soft and refreshed after using it. So far I have not had any breakout from this product. During the day, I would use my Nivea Aqua Sensation facial wash or Liquid Neutrogena to wash my face.

Sephora in Malaysia just started carrying Philosophy brand in store and does not sell the 24oz bottle like the one my friend gave me. They only have the 16oz sized bottle and it's very pricey though. Too bad cos I love the convenient pump 24oz have. Will continue to use this until something better (and cheaper) come along.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by adelyn305

I'm in love with this cleanser, all my life I thought using drugstore-brand cleansers would be more than enough for my face i'm usually quite money savvy when it comes to purchasing cleansers until i stumbled upon this. Initially i purchased Hope in a Jar moisturizer, however since my cleanser was about to finish i decided to give this one a try.

First usage already left me jawdropped. It amazes me how clean and soft my face felt using this with my clarisonic.This thing leaves a crazy soft feeling on my skin, my makeup is thoroughly removed (I wear only under eyes concealers, eyebrows,and blush) and most of all it doesn't dry my skin up! I would apply Hope In A Jar (for all skin types) after cleansing at night and i would wake up to the softest, smoothest skin I've ever felt, everyday. These 2 products work amaaaazing together. Both are my holy grail products. I'm now head over heels over Philosophy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by cubbiejules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've always been skeptical of the Philosophy brand because I just thought it was all hype and all about the packaging and fancy quotes on the bottles. I was wrong!

I bought the Radiant & Refined kit from Ulta and I'm in love. This cleanser really does melt off makeup and impurities. I wear a long-wear foundation that is waterproof so normally I have to wash my face two times to truly get it clean. But with Purity that's usually not the case! Sure sometimes I use it twice just for good measure but most of the time I'm left with clean skin without any makeup left over. It also takes off my mascara and eyeliner very well. I still need to use a makeup remover but it's not terrible. The smell to me is more...alcohol-ish and less like rosemary like some people have said. It doesn't leave me dry or tight, just very smooth and clean. It lathers very well. I have very combo skin; I'll flaky where I'm also oily. It's the worst! But after using this along with the serum and hope in a jar my skin is looking absolutely amazing! It's never felt this smooth or been so regulated. I have less breakouts and I rarely use my acne spot treatments anymore when a breakout does pop up. I feel like this regimine just takes care of them! Overall this is a great cleanser for oily to normal/combo skin. Those with very dry or mature skin I would not recommend that you use this. I feel like it could be too drying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have combo skin,oily t-zone but the rest is normal. My skin also very clogged prone. I really wanted to like this cleanser but couldn't. Yes,it did take off my makeup but it gave me pimples and bumps. I didn't even finish the whole bottle,I gave it to my mom who has a mature,dry skin but she didn't like it either. I think at the end she threw it out after only tried it twice. For someone who like the smell of tea tree oil somehow I dislike the scent of purity cleanser,smelled like rosemary or some kind of herb. Everybody's skin react differently and mine just didn't like purity cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by yelim01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hate to bash this cleanser but I absolutely HATED it. I wish I could have given it -1 stars. I really wanted to like it since so many people are fans and because it can be used to remove makeup but it was horrible for my sensitive skin. It made me breakout in a pimply rash, and I'm someone who never breaks out. At first I thought the breakouts were from something else so i stopped using it for a while and the pimples went away. As soon as I used this face wash again the pimples came back immediately and worse then before. My skin even stings right after I use it. My recommendation to others is to save your money and buy something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by maelyn28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. It really breaks down oils and makeups like no other. And it is so extremely gentle. I can open my eyes with this stuff all over my eyes and no reaction what so ever. After I clean my make up brushes I clean them again with this stuff and am amazed at how much I missed. This stuff is really expensive and the best way to buy it is from qvc. You get these huge bottles that are totally worth it. Sometimes they have deals too, so I always buy two. Never ever ever want to run out of this stuff. Leaves face so clean and never makes me break out. If you try it you might at first not see what the hype is all about, but the moment you run out you will know why you need it

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first started using this cleanser my first reaction was: is that a rosemary scent? Aside from the scent I was skeptical of the efficacy of this gentle cleanser. Would it live up to all the internet hype and cult followings? I doubted it, too gentle to be effective. How is this mild stuff gonna take off waterproof makeup and bb cream? I slather some pretty resistant stuff on my face and no way was this wimpy cleanser gonna take all that off in one pass. I scoff at the 3 in 1 claim. I wear tough waterproof mascara and eyeliner that needs a special cleanser just for eye makeup. So I thought...

This stuff although extremely gentle gets the job done. It takes off my sweat/water resistant bb cream and eye makeup without irritation. I'm a convert. Take me to your cult leader Purity, I will follow their beauty commandments.

Also doesn't strip or irritate my skin and easy to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by ENicB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to enjoy this product. At first it did not seem to irritate my skin at all.My skin seems to react immediatly when using new products. I loved how when I was done washing my face how fresh and clean I felt, plus the smell is great. Unfortunatlely though after a week of using it, I was starting to break out in rashes and pimples (my skin does not normally do that). The only thing that I had changed was the facial cleanser I was using. After switching back to the cleasner I used prior everything went back to normal. Sorry Philosophy I still enjoy your other products though.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Callmecorrina

It wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst. My experience with this cleanser wasn't anything extraordinary (I was hoping it would be for the price!). I have oily combo skin with minor breakouts here and there. This cleanser simply..cleansed and didn't do any improvement on my skin. It didn't control my oiliness or improve my dry patches and it sure didn't calm any breakouts or redness. I am obsessed with simple natural products so yes, I would recommend this to anyone who also enjoys simple ingredients with normal/ non problematic skin looking for a simple cleanser. However I would not recommend this product to someone who is looking to improve the skin's appearance and who doesn't really care about product ingredients. Go to walmart and you'll find cheaper ones with more benefits. Overall I'm not impressed but I'm not completely dissatisfied, it does cleanse my skin well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by myusernameisusername

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my GOD! Why didn't I use this earlier!!!

I've wasted so much money buying (drugstore and highend alike) cleansers. Cetaphil has now become my 2nd favourite. This tops the list.

Yes, there are cheaper cleansers out there but this is a great product! I need only a drop or two, lather it up with a bit of water and massage into my skin. I love the fragrance and how it feels on my skin, seems to have a calming effect on my skin. It balances the pH of your skin and doesn't irritate eyes.

It removes makeup as well but I prefer wiping off my makeup with grapeseed oil and then use this to really make sure I get everything off. And then use rose water as toner. :)

This is a great cleanser for people with an oily skin. Not sure about others. Highly recommended. I wish I hadn't wasted so much money on other things, going to repurchase this again and again and again :P