August 29, 2014 | 964 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Callmecorrina

It wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst. My experience with this cleanser wasn't anything extraordinary (I was hoping it would be for the price!). I have oily combo skin with minor breakouts here and there. This cleanser simply..cleansed and didn't do any improvement on my skin. It didn't control my oiliness or improve my dry patches and it sure didn't calm any breakouts or redness. I am obsessed with simple natural products so yes, I would recommend this to anyone who also enjoys simple ingredients with normal/ non problematic skin looking for a simple cleanser. However I would not recommend this product to someone who is looking to improve the skin's appearance and who doesn't really care about product ingredients. Go to walmart and you'll find cheaper ones with more benefits. Overall I'm not impressed but I'm not completely dissatisfied, it does cleanse my skin well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by myusernameisusername

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my GOD! Why didn't I use this earlier!!!

I've wasted so much money buying (drugstore and highend alike) cleansers. Cetaphil has now become my 2nd favourite. This tops the list.

Yes, there are cheaper cleansers out there but this is a great product! I need only a drop or two, lather it up with a bit of water and massage into my skin. I love the fragrance and how it feels on my skin, seems to have a calming effect on my skin. It balances the pH of your skin and doesn't irritate eyes.

It removes makeup as well but I prefer wiping off my makeup with grapeseed oil and then use this to really make sure I get everything off. And then use rose water as toner. :)

This is a great cleanser for people with an oily skin. Not sure about others. Highly recommended. I wish I hadn't wasted so much money on other things, going to repurchase this again and again and again :P

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by perfumejunky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had purchased this cleanser quite sometime ago and had put it in my closet and forgot about it. My bad! I have used baby wash for years to cleanse my face and to keep my eyelids clean, I have trouble with allergies messing with my eyes and this was recommended by my dermatologist. After sometime I began to notice that the perimeter of my face felt dry and I could feel like little plugs in my pores. I pulled my Purity out and decided that I needed to start using it so I could get it finished. I was amazed by what happened. I thought I was seeing little specks of cotton leftover from my toner step. It wasn't. There was a very thin layer of skin just rolling up and coming off. After I kept after it and it seemed done (with whatever it was doing) my face felt so soft and I looked glowy. The little "plugs" were GONE. I now use it when I wear makeup during the day and want to remove it thoroughly. It doesn't irritate my eyes, I love the slight lavender scent it has, and my face has never looked more luminious. Love this stuff! When I get low on this bottle I might purchase the large size with a pump. But I will never be without this little jewel.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've never repurchased a cleanser before in my life, Purity might be the first! I have been using it for about 2 months now and have really enjoyed it. It removes makeup really well, even eye makeup, has a nice herbaly lemony scent, rinses completely, and doesn't dry my face out. It also doesn't sting my eyes! In the 2 months I've been using Purity my face has been pretty well behaved, no major breakouts and my pores seem clean and maybe even a bit smaller. I only wish it wasn't so expensive! I have the 8 oz. size and don't remember exactly how much I paid, but it was over $20USD, and for a cleanser that is a lot of money. It does seem to be lasting a very long time, though. I plan on buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Phoebeeats

I've always wanted to try this, but was afraid to change. Finally, I bought it and have been using for three weeks. Good stuff. Previously I was devoted to Cetaphil gentle bar soap and the gentle cleanser. Now I use Clinique balm (always at night), then this. In the morning I use this on a dry face and then hop in the shower to rinse. It's overpriced, but I like it and will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by MarilynLeigh

This smells amazing and didn't make my skin break out. However, I like it, and I'm not opposed to buying expensive products, but I can't justify buying an expensive face wash when a cheap one can work just as well (I use acne.org cleanser or purpose). I love philosophy face creams though. Nothing works as well for me as those.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by violetta16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible product. Way overhyped. I always had fairly good skin, if I even had one breakout I would freak out about it. I decided to use this product because of what others said about it. Long story short it dried out my skin like crazy And gave me flesh colored bumps. Horrible. I stopped using it and my skin went back to its original state.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I re bought it 3 times and I last time I got the huge size. it's a Milky texture with a soft herbal scent almost, that's very soothing and spa like. It removes all traces of make up, even stubborn make up (might have to massage into skin a little longer for those sometimes) ...my face feels super clean and not stripped afterwards. I still get breakouts from time to time so it doesn't help that. A good cleanser for all skin types and make up removal.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a 2 oz sample of this in my new beauty test tube. I tried using this recently for a few days morning and night. I used it as directed (leave on for 60 seconds). First of all it smells exactly like bug repellant spray lol. Not a big deal but thought I would mention it. But yeah while washing it has a slimy texture, it doesn't foam up unless you were to really make an attempt but that's not an issue just mentioning. There is *some* foaming action but not much. After using my face looks mostly okay but doesn't feel clean (and I only use mineral powder or bb cream). If I had a breakout then that area would be reddened after washing. After the first day I could tell this just was not working for my skin. My skin felt dirty, pores were larger, face seemed irritated. After the third day I was breaking out a LOT. I was getting crazy huge pimples all around my mouth and chin area. And I was getting pimples in strange places like the tip of my nose and around my eye sockets lol. Something in this was quite irritating and didn't wash off my face probably. I don't personally feel that this face wash is gentle or effective. For reference my face is sensitive oily and clog prone, Acne prone especially with irritating ingredients. Therefore I cannot recommend this face wash and I will have to figure out what to do with the remainder as I never throw anything out that isn't expired (and neither should you!) maybe I will use as a brush cleaner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this! I've been using this for 2 months and my skin really likes it! I have sensitive and VERY acne prone skin. This does not break me out and it doesn't dry my skin out either. It does a great job of removing face makeup, but does struggle a little with waterproof mascara.

The only negative for me is the price.