July 31, 2014 | 2033 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by MarilynLeigh

This smells amazing and didn't make my skin break out. However, I like it, and I'm not opposed to buying expensive products, but I can't justify buying an expensive face wash when a cheap one can work just as well (I use acne.org cleanser or purpose). I love philosophy face creams though. Nothing works as well for me as those.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by violetta16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible product. Way overhyped. I always had fairly good skin, if I even had one breakout I would freak out about it. I decided to use this product because of what others said about it. Long story short it dried out my skin like crazy And gave me flesh colored bumps. Horrible. I stopped using it and my skin went back to its original state.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I re bought it 3 times and I last time I got the huge size. it's a Milky texture with a soft herbal scent almost, that's very soothing and spa like. It removes all traces of make up, even stubborn make up (might have to massage into skin a little longer for those sometimes) ...my face feels super clean and not stripped afterwards. I still get breakouts from time to time so it doesn't help that. A good cleanser for all skin types and make up removal.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a 2 oz sample of this in my new beauty test tube. I tried using this recently for a few days morning and night. I used it as directed (leave on for 60 seconds). First of all it smells exactly like bug repellant spray lol. Not a big deal but thought I would mention it. But yeah while washing it has a slimy texture, it doesn't foam up unless you were to really make an attempt but that's not an issue just mentioning. There is *some* foaming action but not much. After using my face looks mostly okay but doesn't feel clean (and I only use mineral powder or bb cream). If I had a breakout then that area would be reddened after washing. After the first day I could tell this just was not working for my skin. My skin felt dirty, pores were larger, face seemed irritated. After the third day I was breaking out a LOT. I was getting crazy huge pimples all around my mouth and chin area. And I was getting pimples in strange places like the tip of my nose and around my eye sockets lol. Something in this was quite irritating and didn't wash off my face probably. I don't personally feel that this face wash is gentle or effective. For reference my face is sensitive oily and clog prone, Acne prone especially with irritating ingredients. Therefore I cannot recommend this face wash and I will have to figure out what to do with the remainder as I never throw anything out that isn't expired (and neither should you!) maybe I will use as a brush cleaner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this! I've been using this for 2 months and my skin really likes it! I have sensitive and VERY acne prone skin. This does not break me out and it doesn't dry my skin out either. It does a great job of removing face makeup, but does struggle a little with waterproof mascara.

The only negative for me is the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this cleanser for about three years now and I figured it was time to write a review! Prior to this cleanser I was using Clinique's Acne Solutions Foaming Cleanser, and I now know that was way too harsh for my skin! I have combination skin which is at times sensitive, and I will get a blemish every once in a while, but I am by no means "Acne-Prone". Purity is exactly what it claims to be, a pure, balancing cleanser. It is so gentle and soothing, I never feel like the oils have been stripped off my face after I cleanse. It does a great job at removing all of my makeup when I use it with my Clarisonic, however I do remove my eye makeup prior to using this. I have been on the routine of using Purity with my Clarisonic, followed by Clinique's 2 toner for three years and my skin has never looked or felt better. I was confused by all of the negative reviews on here, but I guess everyone's experience is different. I'm not sure how well this would work if your main goal was to control acne, but to keep a clean, balanced complexion it is perfect. The price isn't too bad when compared to some other options in Sephora or department stores, and honestly I don't mind paying the higher price tag for such a wonderful product. I actually quite enjoy the smell, I find it fresh and light! Philosophy has hit it out of the park with Purity, I never feel the need to even look for an alternative, that's how in love I am.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by ayanelmi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great for taking off makeup. Not like an amazing product or something I swear by. It does the job and I will use this until I find a better makeup remover.

Pros
Great at taking off makeup
Cons
Hate the smell
Weird consistency

meh :/

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaMama

I always come home to you! <3 I've been given other cleansers as gifts, so used them, but always come back to Purity. It NEVER hurts my eyes. It CLEANS. My skin is soft and balanced after use.
The scent is AMAZING.

HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by BeautybyElle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Normally i like Philosophy which is why i was thrown through a loop with this cleanser i don't like the smell of it and also my skin never breaks out but i got little red bumps on my cheaks after using this so definitely not going to be buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by MakeupEllie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very sensitive skin and this product has never left my skin irritated. I'm also the type of person who likes to get things done quickly, so the fact that I can remove my face & eye makeup at the same time while leaving my face feeling clean, is awesome! Also, I really like the lemongrass scent as it is not too strong or overpowering; it's like a spa. I only use about a dime sized amount to wash my face and neck. I buy a 16oz bottle at Sephora for $33. I like to keep the large bottle in my shower and a smaller bottle on my sink, so when the smaller one runs out, I can just refill it.