The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Foaming Face Wash

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate 20, Coco-Glucoside, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Glycerin, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citric Acid, p-Anisic Acid, PVP, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Menthol, Limonene, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Tocopherol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

this cleanser doesn't make my skin feel as clean as I usually prefer and it didn't help prevent breakouts, my skin actually started breaking out a bit more after using this cleanser. it also smells weird.

on 11/6/2012 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

i love this face wash its amazing as am having such an oily skin and small acne on my t-zones1 but this face wash clear them all away!love it!!

on 10/21/2012 5:51:00 AM

i absolutely ahh-dore this product! it really soothes my skin down when it is irritated, and the redness goes away after awhile! im really impressed with this product and will be getting seconds soon after i finish this bottle! the only downside is that it runs out really fast :( but thats ok, the body shop store is close to where i live! hurrah for tea tree oil cleansing foam!

on 9/17/2012 3:37:00 PM

I like this cleanser because it seems to do a good job of cleansing the excess oil and makeup off of my face. My skin is for the most part clear however I do get occasional breakouts on my chin. I don't find this product to prevent my breakouts but I do have less breakouts when I use this product. I find that it is a good product for the price you are paying.

on 8/27/2012 6:39:00 AM

I love this cleanser! I like to use it with my Sephora cleansing pad and its amazing c: My pores look A LOT tinier from before~ (even my mom has noticed)
Pros:
-Helps with acne
-Comes with a cap at the top

Cons:
None

I have combination skin more on the oily side and I have been using this cleanser since I was in junior high! I am 26 and still am using it. Its the only face wash that keeps my skin clear. People compliment me on my skin all the time and its mostly due to this stuff. Only downside is it can be drying if you use it more than once a day. But if you have super oily skin this is perfect for you!

on 7/3/2012 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually got an allergic reaction to this product. It left my skin extremely dry and it left red bumps all over my face for a week. After using it twice I had to throw it out. I usually love tea tree face washes, this was a huge disappointment.

on 6/2/2012 1:35:00 AM

By far this is my faveourite cleanser so far! It makes my skin feel so much softer and refresher. Also my blemishes and acne are much smaller now! ^_^ deffently reccomend!

on 5/5/2012 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited when i got this last week. It makes my skin smooth but not longlasting but for some reason, the next week i use this i got small bumps around my face and it dried out my face like i got dry patches after i use this. so unexpected. got this because the last cleanser i use was also overdrying but bleeehh this is just the same as my last cleanser -_-

on 5/4/2012 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have used this on and off since Aug 2009 and I don't even know why I kept straying from this. I have pretty oily, extremely acne-prone skin that will break out if I don't baby my skin and only use carefully chosen products. This foaming cleanser gives my skin the perfect balance of cleansing and treating the skin while not drying it out. I was previously jumping around from different cleansers because this, like any other product, started decreasing in effectiveness after using it for a while. I tried other products and my breakouts got soooo bad! I finally remembered that my skin was pretty good when I was using this so I went back to this more than a month ago and my breakouts started getting better almost instantly! I also paired this with the clearing lotion which is working great. I also have been using a personal microdermabration tool recently so can't give this all the credit but this is definitely helping! I also love how natural-based this is. UPDATE: Ok now I remember why I stopped using this product. I started using this in Apr 2012 after straying multiple times. Although I still love this as a cleanser, I run out of this ridiculously fast! It's been about 5 months since I started using this again and I've been through about 3-4 bottles of this. Absolutely ridiculous! I use this 2x a day so not anything unusual. I also noticed that when I am towards the end of this product and have about 1/5 left, I feel like all I'm getting is foam. This is my first foam cleanser so I don't know if all foam cleansers do that but it sucks! I already go through this so fast and then the last of it is basically useless. I thought about switching to the squeeze bottle version of this but that has sulfates in it, which my skin hates. Like I said, still love it but there are way too many negatives and costs too much in the long run. I am looking for alternatives.