September 19, 2014 | 1620 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Evening Primrose Overnight Creme [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2006 12:23:00 AM More reviews by glaceaufocus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't use this on my face - I use it as a lip balm, and it's WONDERFUL for that purpose. Makes my lips soft, supple, and even has some plumping action. Very nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2006 3:57:00 PM More reviews by FilthyMind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After using this cream only once, I've ended up with a nasty alergic reaction. My cheeks are hot, blotchy and horribly rough and I have tiny bumps all over my face. Although my skin is sensitive, I've never experienced such a severe reaction to a cosmetic product. No more Burt's Bees for me, that's for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2006 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Amazaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a disappointment! When I read its properties on the Burt's Bees site, I was psyched to purchase something natural and pure and convinced it would get rid of the two dry spots of skin I have under my lips and that it might give my face a healthy glow. It was OILY, it sat on my skin and came off on the pillow at night. It also has a really pungent fragrance that I am not sure I like. I gave it many chnaces to work but did nothig except making me feel sorry for buying it. I will not purchase it again and I am going to use the remaining product as cuticle cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2006 10:00:00 PM More reviews by MsDaphne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So this is way too heavy for my face, but it is an amazing lip plumper! My lips were flaky and dry. Last night I put a layer of this on before bed, and when I woke up this morning all my little fine lines were plumped up and the outline of my lips was more pronounced. I have a little jar of this from a Burt's Bees sampler kit, and I think that'll be enough to last for at least six months. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2006 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Loisl

I got this in one of those sample kits. I put it on half of my face in the evening, but I ended up washing it off before I went to bed. I just knew I was going to break out because it was so incredible heavy...and there is wax in this product! Last night, I used it on my feet, which are always a challenge, and it worked very well. My FEET were nice and soft. I probably won't repurchase because it's expensive when you're using enough product for your feet, and Aquaphor does almost as well. The kit came with a little scooper to get out the product, but I don't know if the full size comes with that. I'm going to keep the scooper so I don't have dip my fingers in other pots!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2006 2:37:00 AM More reviews by saki_grrl

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have dry and slightly dehydrated skin and I received this overnight creme in a trial size skincare pack. I was a little hesitant to try this because of the strong odor; it smells like a sickly sweet medicinal rose (don't get me wrong, I like roses and sweet things) but something about it made me feel woozy. Optimistically, I decided to give it a shot figuring it would be worth it if it did nice things for my skin. I have to say that even with my dry and dehydrated skin I found this product very hard to work with as it did not spread very evenly. I even thought maybe I had a bad one until I read some of the negative reviews for this product. I woke up with a small pimple on my face and my pores looked enlarged and quite congested. This is extremely unusual for me but I'm not going to say that this product is definitely at fault...I guess freak things could happen but the icky texture/revolting smell/& bad skin reaction I would have to say this is not a winning combination IMHO. I would not purchase a full size, and despite any positive reviews this product may have received, I would not purchase this item for anyone else either.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2006 1:45:00 AM More reviews by sabong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was too heavy for me, and I wasn't crazy about the scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2006 3:56:00 AM More reviews by ravenivey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the way this stuff smells, flowery, very endearing. It is strong in smell just as all Burt's Bees products are. In fact as much I would love to keep using it becouse of the smell and thickness, I just cant becouse it makes me break out. I shouldnt be surprised it is made in part with beeswax. Even if I use it on my neck and chest area, I still break out from it. So I just put it on my less sensetive areas, like hands, feet. Besides the breaking out I really like this product and wish I could use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2006 1:16:00 AM More reviews by liazzie

I got this as a sample in that facial kit, I can see that a little pot will last me a long time. I have combination skin that gets very dry and prone to eczema. this moisturizes the dry patches very well. this is one of the best heavy duty moisturizers. I don't use it every night however or else it will give me clogged pores. I do want to commend that after using it for a few weeks off and on, my acne scars has greatly diminished! this gives faster overnight moisturzing effects than moisturizing masks I've tried

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2006 5:04:00 PM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm using a sample pot of this. You really need to have a damp face or hands for this to spread on properly. In the pot, it looks like butter. It is a rich, decadent creme. I found out that a little goes a long way. I used too much, and it felt like I coated my face in vaseline. With these natural products, less is more it seems. Also, natural products seem to have that strong herbal medicine scent. At least with Burt's Bees, you get a lot of natural, skin-caring ingredients that aren't at the bottom of the list after preservatives - such as you find in the majority of brands that tout their "natural" ingredients. I will have to use it longer to determine whether to buy the full size. So far, I'm having a lot of fun trying out a lot of Burt's products, and finding that I like most of them. Here are the ingredients in the creme: Sweet almond oil, beeswax, rose water, vegetable glycerin, sesame seed oil, evening primrose oil, rosehip seed oil, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, avocado oil, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), grapefruit seed extract, rose oil, lavender oil, ylang ylang oil, tocopherol, rosemary extract, beta carotene, sodium borate (natural borax), glucose & glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (sugar & natural enzymes). UPDATE: This was just too rich for my skin and I think it was clogging pores, so I no longer use it and did not buy the full size. I would only rec this for dry skin types.