Pureology Pure Volume

Not tested on animals

on 9/16/2007 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wanted to hate this product so bad, because of the ungodly price for a very small amount (and I have very very long hair) but the truth is it worked pretty well for my dry damaged hair, it didn't really give me amazing volume but it conditioned my hair well without weighing it down which is hard to do for a conditioner. I'll be moving on to other products just because of the price. I use the knock off Joico K-pak from sallys and tressemme deep quench conditioner (which I'm actually having a hard time finding again, if anyone seen it let me know) and they are two very good conditioners as well. Bottom line if I'm feeling like wasting some money on a product that lasts me like 1-2 weeks for $25 then I'll go for it, if I'm feeling cheap or want something more important like....oh I don't know... food...then I'll buy the other two.

on 7/20/2007 12:33:00 PM

I have fine, thin hair and recently had it colored for the first time. My stylist highly recommended this line to me and I was so excited to try it as I'm a product junkie and I'm always willing to try anything new in the hopes of finally finding my HG product. Even with the expensive price, I still purchased this and the matching shampoo. However, the smell is horrible. If you like musky, men scents, then this will be perfect for you. It did nothing for my hair except weigh it down and make it look flatter. Even if it did a great job on my hair, I could not use this for the awful smell. I will never repurchase this again and the matching shampoo is even worse as it smells like an old bottle of Men's Old Spice aftershave. What were they thinking when they made these smell like this!?

on 6/10/2007 4:18:00 PM

I like this conditioner a lot. I only use it about once or twice a week, usually in conjunction with the Pureology Volume Shampoo. I apply it heavier at the ends, with very little nearer to my scalp. It's light enough that it doesn't weigh down my super fine hair if I don't use it too often, and it smells great.

on 6/3/2007 12:30:00 AM

I have been quite disappointed so far with the conditioner. I love the shampoo so far and it's quite disconcerting that I cannot say the same for the conditioner. It's quite balmy and I assumed it would be quite heavy. Thankfully it hasn't been heavy, but it has not seemed to have any moisturizing/conditioning properties whatsoever for me. I realize this is a Volume conditioner, but I expect some conditioning. Maybe, this is because I've been dying my hair too much lately. We'll see...I just started using it and I'm not sure if it's going back to where I bought it yet. I'll give it a few more days...maybe I need the hydrating conditioner or something else.

EDIT (06/16/2007): This conditioner simply was not doing the conditioning job my hair needed, so I parted ways with it. I luckily was able to exchange it and get the Pureology Hydrating Conditioner. I;m happy to say the Pureology Hydrating Conditioner has been doing a wonderful job of conditioning my hair without weighing my fine hair down. The Hydrating Conditioner is a keeper for me!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Nice conditioner, leaves my hair shiny and soft. Unfortunately, it does absolutely nothing for volume. For the price, this product should produce great results, and this one doesn't...my hair feels weighed down and limp after use. Cannot recommend, especially for people who are looking for additional *volume* results.

on 5/28/2007 8:49:00 PM

This is a great conditioner. It doesn't weigh my hair down and it hydrates it well. I LOVE the smell of it!!! EDIT: My hair needs more hydration (it started to look very dry at the ends) so I changed to the Hydrate conditioner and its great!

on 3/30/2007 11:12:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I am in heaven since I found this conditionner. I use the shampoo too. Other products that make my hair soft, tend to weigh down my thick, medium hair. This is the first product I've used that provides body, shine, and softness. Also, it rinses well, and you need a very small amount for it to be effective. If you use to much, it make your hair worst. I also love the pleasant and natural fragrance. My HG product.

on 3/17/2007 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is one of the worst conditioners I've ever put in my hair. I have long, fine, thick, color-treated hair that is in good condition. When I rinsed this conditioner out, my hair felt weird. When I blew it dry, I had the WORST static electricity I've ever seen (normally I never have any static). My hair was flying in 50 directions, & I looked like I stuck my finger in a light socket. I sent it back- total crap!

on 1/28/2007 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I'll basically say here what I said in the Pureology shampoo review. This stuff is AWESOME, it actually gives your hair body and makes it feel super healthy and manageable, and it doesn't strip color. The price is expensive BUT you only need so little of the product that it works out in the end - it lasts forever. These products take a while to make an impact but if you give it a few weeks you'll love it!!

on 11/6/2006 10:58:00 AM

Wow this conditioner is amazing and by far the best one I've tried! I have fine, dry hair that is down to my waist and using this conditioner made my hair alot easier to comb when I'm out of the shower. With any other products, I always have a hard time detangling my hair but with this and the matching shampoo... I did not get ANY tangles at all which is shocking to me since I'm so used to it. As far as volume goes, it didn't do too much to help but my hair is alot smoother now so I would rebuy for that reason.