September 23, 2014 | 867 users online

Conditioner - Pureology - Pure Volume

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2007 12:30:00 AM More reviews by RebeccaC01

I have been quite disappointed so far with the conditioner. I love the shampoo so far and it's quite disconcerting that I cannot say the same for the conditioner. It's quite balmy and I assumed it would be quite heavy. Thankfully it hasn't been heavy, but it has not seemed to have any moisturizing/conditioning properties whatsoever for me. I realize this is a Volume conditioner, but I expect some conditioning. Maybe, this is because I've been dying my hair too much lately. We'll see...I just started using it and I'm not sure if it's going back to where I bought it yet. I'll give it a few more days...maybe I need the hydrating conditioner or something else.

EDIT (06/16/2007): This conditioner simply was not doing the conditioning job my hair needed, so I parted ways with it. I luckily was able to exchange it and get the Pureology Hydrating Conditioner. I;m happy to say the Pureology Hydrating Conditioner has been doing a wonderful job of conditioning my hair without weighing my fine hair down. The Hydrating Conditioner is a keeper for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2007 3:43:00 AM More reviews by luckygirl322

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice conditioner, leaves my hair shiny and soft. Unfortunately, it does absolutely nothing for volume. For the price, this product should produce great results, and this one doesn't...my hair feels weighed down and limp after use. Cannot recommend, especially for people who are looking for additional *volume* results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2007 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great conditioner. It doesn't weigh my hair down and it hydrates it well. I LOVE the smell of it!!! EDIT: My hair needs more hydration (it started to look very dry at the ends) so I changed to the Hydrate conditioner and its great!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2007 11:12:00 AM More reviews by melancolie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am in heaven since I found this conditionner. I use the shampoo too. Other products that make my hair soft, tend to weigh down my thick, medium hair. This is the first product I've used that provides body, shine, and softness. Also, it rinses well, and you need a very small amount for it to be effective. If you use to much, it make your hair worst. I also love the pleasant and natural fragrance. My HG product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2007 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Goldenstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the worst conditioners I've ever put in my hair. I have long, fine, thick, color-treated hair that is in good condition. When I rinsed this conditioner out, my hair felt weird. When I blew it dry, I had the WORST static electricity I've ever seen (normally I never have any static). My hair was flying in 50 directions, & I looked like I stuck my finger in a light socket. I sent it back- total crap!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2007 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Starberri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'll basically say here what I said in the Pureology shampoo review. This stuff is AWESOME, it actually gives your hair body and makes it feel super healthy and manageable, and it doesn't strip color. The price is expensive BUT you only need so little of the product that it works out in the end - it lasts forever. These products take a while to make an impact but if you give it a few weeks you'll love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2006 10:58:00 AM More reviews by liltweekstar

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow this conditioner is amazing and by far the best one I've tried! I have fine, dry hair that is down to my waist and using this conditioner made my hair alot easier to comb when I'm out of the shower. With any other products, I always have a hard time detangling my hair but with this and the matching shampoo... I did not get ANY tangles at all which is shocking to me since I'm so used to it. As far as volume goes, it didn't do too much to help but my hair is alot smoother now so I would rebuy for that reason.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2006 11:48:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

My favorite of all the conditioners I've tried so far. Smells amazing and leaves my shoulder length, super fine hair silky, shiney, no static or flyaways, totally manageable and full of volume (as much volume as it can have anyway). I don't use this (or any conditioner) on the roots of my hair, only the ends...from the middle of my head down, then colourmax all over, then smooth a drop of shine max right before I blow dry and my hair has never, ever behaved this well or looked this good. Bad hair days are a thing of the past!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2006 3:05:00 PM More reviews by kris_brim

I just have to say I LOVE this product. I have been experiencing some serious shedding for a while now, and it was starting to look rather sparse. Pureology actually makes it look like I have hair! And lots of it! My hair looks unbelievably bouncy and full. I feel totally sexy. The high price tag is completely justified.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2006 7:09:00 PM More reviews by TheTalentedEllenRipley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I asked my stylist for a conditioner that would provide volume, but not leave my hair rough and full of static. She said many women love Pureology, and she used it at her own station.

The stuff is expensive, around $20, but it's better than anything else I've used. After the first use, my hair was full of body and bounce, and it was incredibly shiny. In fact, my hair was so fluffy and bouncy, I wasn't sure what to do with it. I felt a bit like a news anchor.

I've used other products that make my hair soft, but they tend to weigh down my fine, thin hair. I've used other volumizers, but they leave my hair full of static. This is the first product I've used that provides all-around results, namely body, shine, and softness. Also, it rinses well, and you need a small amount for it to be effective. Another bonus is that the fragrance is pleasant and natural.

The only problems I have with this are the price and packaging. I've found Pureology on sale at drugstore.com for about $14, so look around for better deals than the regular $20. Also, I think the dispenser should be on the bottom of the bottle. The conditioner is too thick and heavy to squeeze from the top easily. Other than these gripes, I think Pureology Volume Conditioner is an incredible product.