Revlon Super Lustrous in Blackberry [DISCONTINUED]

image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.3

on 10/20/2010 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The reviewer who described this as Garnet is right on! Doesn't anyone else find this to be a Dubonnet dupe? I am allergic to MAC Dubonnet--yet that is the perfect color for my lips. THIS IS MY REPLACEMENT FOR DUBONNET!! This has a great texture and looks gorgeous!! It makes a glamorous statement, yet it DOES work for everyday wear as well; it makes my dark hair and golden-brown eyes look fabulous!! A new HG to give my wallet a rest!! (Am giving my NARS' Fire Down Below a rest.)

Edit: I still LOVE this. I wear this every day (alternating Taste of New York, and Sandlewood Beige). NARS l/s are still the best for evenings out, and I love them--am just being budget conscious right now. Nars wears longer. Revlon is more moisturizing. The two are living happily together in my makeup case.

on 10/2/2010 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

The only thing Revlon could do to make this product better is to make it matte. Otherwise, it's perfect. Love the deep red, doesn't smell weird, and the price is right. I've used this for years.

on 10/1/2010 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Beautiful lipstick! I personally think it's a great shade for fall or winter. dark-skinned people could wear it all year round though. it's a beautiful dark red that moisturizes my lips well and also has good staying power. I hardly had to touch up even after eating a whole plate of greasy Chinese food! I don't wear dark lipstick all that often, but when I do, I use this one <3

UPDATE 12/26/10: I find myself applying this over lip balm and with a lip brush for everyday wear, because it's so dark and pigmented! that's actually a good thing because I use less product that way :)

on 9/22/2010 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The name really doesn't fit because this is a dark red. Not quite a garnet gemstone shade... It's vibrant for a dark red and not dull. It's a very sexy shade, and also one of the creamy SL lipsticks. I think someone confused it with Black Cherry, which is much darker and purple toned. Blackberry is the dupe for MAC Dubonnet. For a creme texture it goes on quite shiny and doesn't seem to set as well as other shades. Like Raisin Rage and Wine with Everything for instance. I kept pressing my lips together hoping Blackberry would set without lip liner, but this needs a matching liner! I use Rimmel "Wine" because it's a dry liner that won't smudge. I think MAC "Burgundy" liner matches both.

on 6/15/2010 6:42:00 PM

I love this lipstick. It's such a perfect garnet, deep bloody red color and it looks great with pale skin, which is why I adore it so much. It's so cheap and I never even got to swatch it because it's a drugstore lipstick - I just sort of guessed that I wanted this color, and I'm so happy with it. Plus, it's cool to read that some people used it years and years ago and it continues to thrive on the shelves. Hopefully they don't discontinue it. It isn't an everyday shade, but it is fun to wear on occasion.

on 12/4/2009 3:05:00 PM

This is a perfect lipstick for someone who wants to have a glamorous Old-Hollywood look. It's a deep burgundy brownish red. It gives off a regal, classy, and yet subdued feel, not the bright screaming kind of red. The first time I put it on (light medium Asian skin), I felt like it made me looked like a geisha. It really stands out, so make sure you have perfect-looking skin for this (or like me, put on foundation and concealer for a good coverage).
Since it's a deep red, much care is needed when apply. You MUST use a lip liner to prevent bleeding and carefully mark the boundaries.
The last is fine, not great but not shabby either.
Overall, the shade might be too "dramatic" for daytime wear (especially during summertime), but it looks so good on me that I don't even care. I guess I am bold that way :)
Edit: My sister tried it and she said she looked like a vampire, so if you want to go goth or vampy, this is the shade to go.

on 11/13/2009 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

It's a very deep red color, love it! it makes me feel sexy :)

on 7/23/2009 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Blackberry, to me, is almost like the color of human blood. In the tube, it is a deep brownish red with the lightest hint of berry. When applied, it is a very sultry and sophisticated deep red with a hint of fuchsia/pink on me, NC30 cool, light olive skin.

The formula is creamy and it has no fragrance. It wears and feel like an expensive h/e l/s. The color is very opaque but you can always sheer it down for daytime.

My favorite thing to do with this l/s is wearing it as a stain. Basically, I just apply and blot with a tissue or apply with my finger tips. It gives me that 'bitten' look. I definitely don't regret buying this!

on 5/20/2009 9:39:00 AM

Sorry to break the chain of good reports but I took this for a test drive and found it too dramatic for my liking. I know, that is probably just me. I had to blot it exceedingly to tone it down. Also, difficult to apply, which I suppose is fair to say with all reds. I was expecting a creamy luscious lipstick and this one felt quite dry and matte. It is also the first lipstick that managed to seep outside my lipline. The search continues.

on 5/7/2009 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I feel the same way that the shade has changed. It has become lighter and I used to wear it a long time ago and it was a deeper color then. I haven't like this new color for a really long time now.

Popular Lipsticks