Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid

4.3

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer (all preceding ingredients sourced from Silica), Jojoba Seed Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Lavender Oil, Soybean Oil, Tocopheryl (sourced from Soy), Fragrance (including Certified Organic Vetiver, Lavender, Blond Orange, Marjoram, Rosemary, and Cinnamon Leaf), and Limonene.

on 3/17/2009 12:06:00 PM

I was given a sample of this from a friend who works for Aveda and told me it was one of their best selling products.

I can see why - it is a nice, light formula: refreshing to find a serum that isn't heavy or greasy or sticks to your hands for hours - can be used wet or dry.

Very expensive though.

on 3/11/2009 9:56:00 PM

So this is probably the billionth smoothing fluid I have bought in the past 15 years and by far the best one. While I only use two pumps on dried, flat ironed hair, I don't get the feeling that more will get the hair to greasy like others. This smells great, just like the Aveda salon. The lavender fragrance puts me to sleep at night. I must mention that I use this after using their Smooth Infusion conditioner in the shower (don't use the shampoo, that was just too much money after buying these two.) This Light Elements Smoothing Fluid leaves such a beautiful shine to my hair leaving it with great movement - like I said in my other post about the conditioner, I had a co-worker tell me --STG-- my hair looked beautiful! While I attribute that comment more so to the Smooth Infusion conditioner, I'm sure the application of this helped the look of my hair as well. I did not try this on damp hair. Only on dry hair after it was flat ironed to smooth down and get it glossy.

on 1/20/2009 10:42:00 PM

So far, I am LOVING this! I have been trying to find a hair care routine that will smooth out my thick and poofy hair, and this...along with Aveda's Smooth Infusion shampoo and conditioner... really does the trick. I have nice shine and zero frizz! This helps to reduce the natural bulkiness of my hair nicely, and now I feel like I am wearing my hair, rather than my hair is wearing me (ladies with hard to manage hair will know what that means ;D). I have very thick, color-treated, naturally wavy hair that is on the dry-side. It's a nice and light serum that doesn't weigh my hair down and make it feel greasy. Nice stuff!

on 12/18/2008 12:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I only bought this because it was 50% off at our local Aveda. I've had this same bottle for a year so a little does go a long way. It's very light in texture, and smells really good. Will weigh down hair if you put too much. The only problem I had with this is that it doesn't really combat humidity like I wanted. My hair is naturally curly and although it keeps my curls looking good, when I blow my hair straight it doesn't really stay during humid days. Now in the winter it doesn't help with static, so my hair sticks up. It's pretty decent but my favorite is still Biosilk's silk therapy then Frizzease.

on 12/6/2008 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great lightweight serum that sinks into my hair instantly and doesn't weigh it down or feel greasy. I've used it on wet hair before I blow dry and on dry hair before I flat iron or just to smooth flyaways. My hair is shiny and silky everytime I use it and it doesn't build up. It's a little expensive but you only need a small amount. My favorite Aveda Stying product!

on 11/9/2008 12:09:00 PM

Fanstatic product. I have fine hair and I can put this stuff on when I'm wearing it curly (I have a slight wave that gets curly with diffusing) and it doesn't weigh it down at all, just smooths it out. Also a great thing to put on before and after flat ironing.

on 9/30/2008 3:47:00 PM

Love this! Have to have it everyday when I blow dry my hair. Makes my hair dry a lot faster and I get soft, shiny, never greasy hair! Wonderfull product. Seems like you don't get a lot for your money, but you don't need a lot of the product. Lasts me a few months.

on 9/4/2008 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I have been using it since it came out. I usually use it after I have blow dried my hair to get ready of frizzies and keep it smooth and shiny. A little goes a long way and it has a very nice smell.

on 9/3/2008 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using this product for about 6 months and i love it for my med/fine long Hair. I use 2 pumps of this serum on wet hair then 1 on my air dried hair to smooth ends. I also love the lavender scent. This serum Gives my wavy/curly hair a smooth shiny appearance and i have gotten more compliments then ever on my hair since using this product ( along with Aveda Phomollient and Scalp Benefits S&C)

on 7/3/2008 12:06:00 PM

I always steered clear of these type of products until Aveda came out with this one. I received it as a sample when I purchased some other products from their salon.

To my surprise it was not at all like other similar products I'd used in the past. This products leaves my hair smooth with great shine and it only takes the tiniest amount! It's not heavy, doesn't weigh the hair down and has a nice scent. I use it when I flat iron or rollerset my hair.

Top Rated Aveda Products