Chanel Coco

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This review is for the EDT. On me it is a mossy, clove-y rose and tonka skin scent. It's so easy to wear, whether I dress up or down. It loses a lippy on packaging. The EdT bottle is a boring rectangle bereft of Chanel style.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My husband says that Coco smells like a woman who is dark haired with fair skin (I tried to tell him about the Vanessa Paradis commercial where she's swinging in the birdcage, but he would have none of it), is uncommonly gorgeous beyond measure, who probably holds some lofty degree in Chinese export porcelain, mysterious and complicated but never neurotic. Above all, she is extremely sexy without trying to be...and if he can get her it will be the best sex he's ever had. She's not cheap. Not easily won...but the deeper you get the more dangerous she is, because she will ruin you. She's unforgettable, incomparable. You can never be happy with another woman again....Haha, how's that for a review?? As for me, I adore Coco. I love that my husband has this particular reaction to it. I feel more powerful and alive when I wear this. And yes, a bit sexier!! The dry down is absolutely glorious. I can't keep from smelling my wrists all day long. I find that this scent works best in cooler weather. Not sure if I would love it as much in the summer...but oh my, once Autumn comes I break out the Coco. It's expensive but worth every cent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love the fragrance but there is no need to spend so much $$$ for it. You can buy coco chanel fragrance oil which is sold at some online stores specializing in fragrance oils.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i use to love chanel fragrances then for about a year i found out that my coco mademoiselle dont smell right or for a long time after a hour or two it faded i look at the box and surprise MADE IN THE USA NOT MADE IN FRANCE any more chanel is suppose to be a france brand and the parfum is suppose to be made in france the lady at the chanelcounter try to convince me that the product was made in france and the bottle in the usa but my background teache me that french parfum are the best and there is nothing called product made here and bottel made here i was very disappointed .now i'm wearing J'ADORE BY DIOR first think i did after i smell it on a collegue and i fall in love with the smell i went to macys ask for a sample and chesked the box bingo MADE IN FRANCE .

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Isn't this what Bree from Desperate Housewives would wear? Hands down, it's definitely the best rich housewife perfume ever created ( and I don't mean it in a bad green envy-poisoned way!! :) ) The perfume is like a dense leather and oriental spice oil elixir that can hardly be word on a night out because it is way too subtle ( very rich and strong, but yet subtle in a most classy way ) and could hardly be part of the "Here I am - look at me" moment. "I am so successful, content and fulfilled, that I don't even care what anyone thinks" is more like it. I am absolutely convinced, that this should be worn as a reward for one's own achievements: judging by the price label, you would have to have at least one ( financially acknowledged ) behind your belt, or be related to someone who has, and whose fruits of succes you are allowed to harvest :). I am waiting for a pure perfume bottle to arrive and i know it will be a while before I can wear it thinking:" It's been hard work and now I am finally there". I would also recommend Coco to those who have given birth ( a huge life achievement in my view! ) recently and are making their comeback into society as newly established themselves.

This is my signature scent. It's one of the most sexy scents I have ever have the pleasure of sniffing. Everytime I wear it, my man, men, and other women tell me is smell "amazing" or "incredible", with a shock of delight and desire on their face. I know that when I wear this, pretty much everything goes my way. Though, my dashing good looks seem to help as well.
Top notes are coriander, pomegranate blossom, mandarin orange, peach, jasmine and bulgarian rose; middle notes are mimose, cloves, orange blossom, clover and rose; base notes are labdanum, amber, sandalwood, tonka bean, opoponax, civet and vanilla.
This is the scent of a true, strong, rediculously powerful and sexy woman, like myself.
Though, I can imagine, like many other strong perfumes, it may smell different on people.
But if you have the confidence, you can pull this off too.
COME GET ME

This fragrance reminds me of a mature, very sophisticated woman in an expensive wool suit. As one reviewer said, it's the fragrance she would wear for confidence if she was joining a group of women who had been taking ballet since the age of 2. The reviewer captured it well. It's not a sexy scent. It's not a scent I would wear in the daytime; it's an oriental, heavy night-time scent for sophisticated wear. It'd be a great fragrance for the right person, just not for me. (It's the kind of fragrance that would make me feel like the fragrance was wearing me instead of me wearing the fragrance.)

A classic. Suits me more now that i'm in my 30's.

The first time I tested Coco, the Chanel counter at Macy's was a simple, uncluttered oasis of refinement. Scents for women included No. 5, No. 19, Cristalle and Coco. That was about it. Coco was always the odd duck of the group, an elegent oriental amid the aldehydic softness of the rest of the Chanel range. To put it another way, I tend to like my Orientals skanky. I believe JP Guerlain once said that all of his scents had the touch of his mistress's orifaces. I always held Coco's, for lack of a better word, hygiene, against it. I still do.

The opening, with its coriander fruit, rose and jasmine progresses beautifully into the heart, with its spicy clove. If Coco was a race car, it would shift gears without the slightest bump, from its spicy rose top to its spicy rose heart.

There is a place in my fragrance wardrobe for Coco. If I am going to the kind of event attended by women who studied ballet since age 2, and went to a seven sister's college, Coco gives me some self confidence. When I sniff it on myself, I can kind of talk myself into believing that I am poised and refined. Unfortunately, I also feel kind of boring in Coco.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Coco is a warm, soothing, deep spicy rose for me.
Embodies the spirit of a long lost glamorous era and creates a comforting spicy aura around you.
Makes me slightly melancholic.
I don't find it sexy or sensual (at least not in a sex kitten or a dominatrix way)
I imagine that it would be the scent of a strong woman that everyone would respect and admire.
Seriously classy.
Impossible to forget.
Old school perfume drug.
Test with caution.

Edit: I was quite emotional while writing the above (ah, under the spell of Coco!) so I think I should add a few more words.
Coco was formulated 28 years ago. When you smell right from the bottle you may get a dated feeling but don't be fooled, take your time. Coco is not for the impatient but for those who can feel her glory. After all this is not an air refresher, it's a real perfume made to reveal its beauty when melt on the skin and become part of you.
Oh, my Lord, those spices and amber make my heart sink and the world feels better when I smell this masterpiece blended to perfection...
Coco is a legendary beauty, the Queen Of Spicy Florientals. She is The One. The extraordinary heroin remembered for ever as stunning, independent, passionate, has experienced life with highs and lows, knows who she is and what she deserves. Full of class, strength and intelligence.
Many women save Coco for special occasions. I can see why. Coco is special, no doubt. But I wouldn't wait for a special day to wear Coco. I would wear Coco every day and make it special.

Popular Fragrances