August 28, 2014 | 929 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Daddyo shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJustine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At first I disliked the scent. After a few uses I started to get us to and now really like it. I think most Lush products are that way.
I don't have blonde hair. I use this to keep my red tones from getting brassy. This leaves my hair soft, shiny and smelling of violets.
I even use this on my dog to keep her coat dry. However, it is only used on her about once a month if that as dogs need a more oily based shampoo.

I have an oily scalp with normal ends that can get dry if the wrong products are applied.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Like most colour depositing shampoos, this is an ocassional use product. It's very mild and has an inky violet scent, which I really like. It is only really useful for bringing out highlights or making your blonde hair blonder. My SO has light brown hair and it brought out blonde highlights that I didn't know he had. Strangely enough, you don't even have to have blonde or light brown hair to use Daddyo. I am Asian (Chinese) with dark hair and I sometimes have natural brown highlights, particularly in the summer. This shampoo made my highlights blonde and oddly enough, it made my greys softer.

Added later: this shampoo, like most LUSH shampoos, really dries out my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by LUSH3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

even though this is super duper fantasticly amazing on blondes and greys, this worked wonders for my brown hair. i really wanted to lighten my hair naturally, and wow this works. like, seriously. i found that because LUSH's hair care contain no silicons etc, when you use any LUSH shampoos or conditioners, your colour has nothing to hold on to (if you have dyed hair). and therefore fades or washes out as much as possible, really fast. which is spectacular if you were in my situation. my dyed ugly dark brown hair is now back to its natural colour with awesome highlights(: yey ilovelLUSH !!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Krissylyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I bought this shampoo my hair was a medium chestnut brown, I felt it was looking a little drab and moussey with a little bit of yellow a tinge to it, so even though this shampoo is made for blond grey hair I wanted to try it. The sales girl promised me that it would not lighten my hair, but would bring out my natural red tone highlights and make my hair really shiny, so I bought it. It did make my hair very shiny and did bring out some of my natural brown and red highlights and took away the yellowish tinge. I didn't use it for a very long time, it eventually expired, the expirey date on the bottle was in 2009! I called the store and they said it would be fine to use still.

Anyway, I forgot I had this and decided to try it again on my hair. My hair is now box dyed black from Nice n Easy. I tried this on my black hair and loooooooooove the results, wow! My hair has NEVER been soooo freaking SHINY! love this shampoo for the results, but HATE the hippie scent it leaves in my hair! This did not lighten my hair, just brightened my color, it actually looks like I just colored my hair, and trust me I am way overdue, my color was starting to look drab, but this shampoo together with Veganese conditioner left my color looking fresh, shiny and brand new!

I have a friend who is a blond and she used this shampoo for a few days and it did lighten her hair, I asked her if she got highlights, she said no, just been using Daddyo for a week! Huge difference in her color-wow!

Great quality product but don't care for the scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by dansgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is amazing for toning your blonde hair- keeping the brassy tones at bay, but what it is not good for is soft, silky hair. This shampoo is very drying so be sure to use a really good moisturizing conditioner afterwards- which blondes should be using anyway.

I would buy this product again and would recommend it as well, but with the above warning.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by RollerGirl1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this for the smell. I adore violet scented products, and there don't seem to be many of them around that aren't overly sweet and candy-like. It's a very green/herbal twist on violets, and it lingers in the hair for a while, even after it's dry.

Unfortunately, after using about 2/3 of the small bottle, I've come to the conclusion that it is just too drying for me. My ends feel crispy and tangly, and my scalp is kind of itchy. This may be more of a symptom of not using the right conditioner, but with other shampoos (and the same conditioner) I didn't have this problem.

I tried it as body wash today, and between the drying ingredients and the herbal extracts, my skin was itchy and inflamed. I guess this goes in the lingerie-soaking bucket from now on.

At least my bras will smell nice :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by luanafp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it might be good for blonde hair..but it's really drying, it makes my hair so tangled its not funny...not even the most powerful conditioner can fix it. terrible...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by desertrose156

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My natural hair color is ash blonde, and when I was growing out my bleached hair to my natural shade, this shampoo was amazing at taking out all the brassy tones. It gave me a really nice, clean texture and made my hair feeling very bouncy and added a lot of shine. Some complain about the smell, however the bottle I had smelled just like violet candies I used to eat! I bought mine fresh from the store, so perhaps that is a factor. If I ever went back to my natural hair, this is the shampoo I would reach for.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by whirlgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok this product gave my blonde a nice colour but it dries out my hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by weni

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST SHAMPOO FOR BLONDES EVER!!! I've tried them all...Liked L'Oreal (previouslt Artec) Pro-line violet also, but does not comes even close to the volume and shine from Daddy-O. I really like the viloet scent, my teenage son also loves...he said the girls always tell him his hair smells so good.

Way better than Aveda Blue Malva, which was my staple for years.