April 19, 2014 | 1344 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Daddyo shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by RollerGirl1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this for the smell. I adore violet scented products, and there don't seem to be many of them around that aren't overly sweet and candy-like. It's a very green/herbal twist on violets, and it lingers in the hair for a while, even after it's dry.

Unfortunately, after using about 2/3 of the small bottle, I've come to the conclusion that it is just too drying for me. My ends feel crispy and tangly, and my scalp is kind of itchy. This may be more of a symptom of not using the right conditioner, but with other shampoos (and the same conditioner) I didn't have this problem.

I tried it as body wash today, and between the drying ingredients and the herbal extracts, my skin was itchy and inflamed. I guess this goes in the lingerie-soaking bucket from now on.

At least my bras will smell nice :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by luanafp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it might be good for blonde hair..but it's really drying, it makes my hair so tangled its not funny...not even the most powerful conditioner can fix it. terrible...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by desertrose156

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My natural hair color is ash blonde, and when I was growing out my bleached hair to my natural shade, this shampoo was amazing at taking out all the brassy tones. It gave me a really nice, clean texture and made my hair feeling very bouncy and added a lot of shine. Some complain about the smell, however the bottle I had smelled just like violet candies I used to eat! I bought mine fresh from the store, so perhaps that is a factor. If I ever went back to my natural hair, this is the shampoo I would reach for.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by whirlgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok this product gave my blonde a nice colour but it dries out my hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by weni

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST SHAMPOO FOR BLONDES EVER!!! I've tried them all...Liked L'Oreal (previouslt Artec) Pro-line violet also, but does not comes even close to the volume and shine from Daddy-O. I really like the viloet scent, my teenage son also loves...he said the girls always tell him his hair smells so good.

Way better than Aveda Blue Malva, which was my staple for years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've never really bought into 'Colour Depositing' or 'Colour Brightening' shampoos and treatments, though I've experimented with a few. I have colour-treated hair, single-processed - I'm naturally a medium, strawberry-blonde shade and I currently dye it to a golden-toned, light blonde. I couldn't tell you what bleach it is, but I usually stick with Paul Mitchell's shampoo & conditioner for colour-treated hair, and my colour generally stays pretty true. My stylist does tone it 2-3 times per year/every 4 months if it looks a little brassy.

I've only tried out LUSH's Marilyn and (breifly) Tres Emme's Shampoo & Conditioner for Blonde hair. I wasn't impressed with any of these products, but decided on a whim to buy the smallest size; 100mL bottle of DaddyO. While I don't notice this lightening my hair colour, I do notice it leaves it looking very bright and shiny - refreshed, if you will. I'm also extremely glad that this is in a bottle. While I can applaud LUSH's comittment to the environment, the idea of using the solid bar shampoos kind of skeeves me out with my oily scalp.

My biggest complaint with this shampoo is not the smell - the smell (very violet, I also detect a bit of licorice and cinnamon) is neither here nor there for me, and while I notice it in the shower, I do not notice it in my hair once it's dry or after conditioning. It's not like a nice vanilla smell, it takes some getting used to, but I don't think it's a dealbreaker by any means, and it didn't bother me as much as it does some of the users on here.

My biggest issue is the fact that I don't feel like this leaves my hair or scalp clean. My hair is naturally quite fine (though I have lots of hair. Apparently.) with an oily-ish scalp, and dry ends. I do wash it during the work/school week, 4 out of 5 days at least. While this lathers up quite well, it does not leave my hair with the squeaky-clean feeling I'm used to. Because of this, I do not use this as my everyday shampoo - I use this a couple of times a week, and find it keeps my hair looking very baby-blonde, bright, and shiny. So, for me it is a winner.

Price-wise, it is spendy. It's around $26 before for the 500mL here, and it costs me around $30 for the Paul Mitchell Shampoo for a full 1L with taxes. It's a little expensive dollar per mL, but the 100mL bottle I bought at the beginning of April is still around 1/4 full. I gave it a Three because this does last me a long time as I use it when I want a spring in my step, but for an everyday shampoo, it ranks closer to a Four on price.

I will definately rebuy, and am definately planning on picking up the largest bottle this week.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by SkinnyCow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Don't hate on the smell. This stuff is THE BEST.

I have several purple shampoos. I pretty much exclusively use Aveda, their Blue Malva does NOT compare to Daddy O. This makes blonde / highlighted hair BLONDE. My hairdresser comments on my highlights when I come in to get them re - done.. she is like ' why are you here ?'. Well, if it covered up roots, then I'd be set.

I wash my hair with this, let the shampoo sit in my hair for a bit, rinse, condition. Its awesome. I sometimes mix it with other shampoos, its still great. Don't let the dark INKY INKY color get to you. Your hair won't turn purple. It will just look so awesome when you are done.

Don't worry about the price or the smell or anything. its all worth it when you see what it can do. Its amazing.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by cosmicsurgery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have dyed reddish-brown hair with ash blond and platinum highlights, and this keeps the colour of the red AND the blonde looking bright. The platinum sections have never turned brassy or yellowy and my dye job is about three months old now. I think its even made the ash blonde sections lighter, and they look great. The smell is gorgeous and I get compliments on it all the time, even a day after I've washed my hair, although if you don't like violets this may not be for you. It's about the same price-wise as other purple salon shampoos, and is a bit pricy, but the large bottle is not a bad deal considering it lathers nicely and you don't need to use much product - and this is coming from someone with extremely thick, long hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by mobo10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I initally got this shampoo for my mom as she has blonde highlights but I gave it a try on my hair as well. Even though my hair is not blonde it made my hair super shiny and soft but I can't get over the horrible smell! It really bothered me! I think I'll stick to Rehab!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this might be my favorite shampoo, ever. This stuff is fantastic! I have bleached blonde hair, and use this about once or twice a week. It really does eliminate yellow/brassy tones in my hair. The smell is amazing, like violets, and it is a bit strong, but I love how the scent stays in my hair all day long. My hair gets very greasy, but when I use this I have no problems with oil all day. It lathers up very nicely too. I find it does tangle your hair a bit, so I use it with a detangling conditioner. I'm almost through my bottle and will definitely be repurchasing.