October 26, 2014 | 998 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Original Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by MsAnthropy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I've been using it forever and I'm deeply surprised by the fact that I've never reviewed it.

The lotion itself is white, comes in a big 16 oz bottle with a pump. It's like the marriage of a heavy cream to an oil. Put it on before your clothes and let it set a couple minutes b/c it can get grease spots on your nice dresses etc unless you do this.

You can definitely feel that oil presence there in it (I think it contains glycerin) but that is exactly what I love about it. It leaves behind the subtlest, sexiest gleam- a glowing goddess youthful radiance.

As a black person I need to use something super moisturizing to avoid mid day "ash." This is just the thing. Put it on in the morning and all day long my skin will remain bright, and moisturized.

Furthermore, this lotion with a bronzer over it on the legs is pure magic...Gives you the legs of a molten statue cast in bronze. Just lovely...but so subtle. You'll catch people looking twice. It just looks like you have the most fantastic ethereal skin ever. So much so that they just have to get a better look.

As long as this lotion is made I will use it. LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by cancerofthepuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG it is RIDICULOUS that this amazing product has this low of a review, it's hands down the best lotion I've ever used and it's cheap! It's excellent for my dry winter skin in this horrible Chicago weather. It leaves my skin incredibly soft and isn't greasy at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 1:07:00 PM More reviews by ohiopirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had used this lotion before while living in the south, and I was not impressed. The lotion took a long time to absorb and I would be left with a sticky film on my body. Now that I have moved up north, this lotion is great for the dry winter months. I would say that this lotion is for really dry skin and not something to use on a daily basis on normal skin. This absorbs pretty quickly and the moisture seems to last longer than other drugstore lotions. I like that this is fragrance free so it does not clash with my perfume. I will definitely repurchase during the winter and switch to a lighter lotion during the rest of the year.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2008 11:46:00 PM More reviews by blodie009

I LOVE this product. I have the one for dry, itchy skin, even though my skin is fairly normal, just REALLY sensitive. With this stuff, I have the softest legs ever! My friends cannot stop stroking my legs, the feel like silk! Although it is very greasy, I shower and moisturize my legs at night, and it works like a charm.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to put in my two cents and agree. This stuff is crap. I put it on before bed and woke up with tight, thirsty skin, exactly as if I'd fallen asleep without any lotion on. Stick with the Original Formula Cream for overnight and the Daily Replenishing Lotion for daytime. Even though Daily Replenishing is lighter and less greasy, it moisturizes a lot better than this stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by aprilcatherine

This lotion did not work for me. It does not last through hand washing and it left my hands feeling greasy and possible even more dry than if I hadn't used lotion at all. This bottle sits on my desk and the old men that I work with love it and are using it up for me. *** I swear by Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion for my dry winter hands.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2008 3:00:00 AM More reviews by smini80

I was spending too much money on L'Occitane products so thought I would give this item a try out.
However, it fell below my expectations. It is generally an average moisturiser. A bit thick for my liking, does not absorb very fast and needs to be reapplied during the day - which is not ideal for an office situation.
Also need to be careful about how much is applied - too much and you end up with a layer of the product on your skin which is not absorbed.
Will probably not repurchase once I am done with this bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 5:57:00 PM More reviews by kawaiishinichan

Smells good (well to me) and is quite moisturizing, but it doesn't last very long so you have to reapply.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2007 12:08:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This just sits on top of your skin and does nothing. It's terrible.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 1:09:00 AM More reviews by charchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is definitely not Eucerin usual style! It does not moisturize! I have a 30 ml travel bottle and i use it after shower. Skin feels exactly what it feels before I put it on. I think it is not doing anything.