July 28, 2014 | 1409 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Original Moisturizing Lotion

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to put in my two cents and agree. This stuff is crap. I put it on before bed and woke up with tight, thirsty skin, exactly as if I'd fallen asleep without any lotion on. Stick with the Original Formula Cream for overnight and the Daily Replenishing Lotion for daytime. Even though Daily Replenishing is lighter and less greasy, it moisturizes a lot better than this stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by aprilcatherine

This lotion did not work for me. It does not last through hand washing and it left my hands feeling greasy and possible even more dry than if I hadn't used lotion at all. This bottle sits on my desk and the old men that I work with love it and are using it up for me. *** I swear by Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion for my dry winter hands.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2008 3:00:00 AM More reviews by smini80

I was spending too much money on L'Occitane products so thought I would give this item a try out.
However, it fell below my expectations. It is generally an average moisturiser. A bit thick for my liking, does not absorb very fast and needs to be reapplied during the day - which is not ideal for an office situation.
Also need to be careful about how much is applied - too much and you end up with a layer of the product on your skin which is not absorbed.
Will probably not repurchase once I am done with this bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 5:57:00 PM More reviews by kawaiishinichan

Smells good (well to me) and is quite moisturizing, but it doesn't last very long so you have to reapply.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2007 12:08:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This just sits on top of your skin and does nothing. It's terrible.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 1:09:00 AM More reviews by charchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is definitely not Eucerin usual style! It does not moisturize! I have a 30 ml travel bottle and i use it after shower. Skin feels exactly what it feels before I put it on. I think it is not doing anything.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2006 9:55:00 AM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

When my hands so dry that between my fingers was cracked, I tried this lotion because its formula was so simple and reviews seemed overall good. However, aside from giving my hands a sheen when applied (usually a good sign like an oil penetrating), my hands continued to get more raw, dry, and cracked as if I had done nothing at all. I tried applying at night, and in the morning, even without handwashings (just left on all night), my hands were raw in the am. It wasn't irritating or making it worse, but it was doing absolutely nothing to help in the moisturizing department.

Water, Mineral Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, PEG-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Glyceryl Lanolate, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Palmitate, Magnesium Sulfate, Aluminum Stearate, Lanolin Alcohol, BHT, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2006 4:43:00 PM More reviews by jujube21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This dried out my skin - definitely WORSE than the cream. I have eczema and I learned over time that lotions are not as good for my skin as creams (but cetaphil works fine). STAY AWAY. My skin was itchy, red, and inflamed 2 hours after using this. The cream lasted longer- but same result.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 1:41:00 PM More reviews by sarahbella1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was hesitant to try this lotion after a bad experiences with Cetaphil and Aveeno (heavy, greasy), but I ended up LOVING this lotion! It IS a bit greasy when applied, but my skin soaks it right in after showering and 10-15 later I have no problems getting dressed. (the Aveeno was so heavy that I could not pull my pants up properly!) I can see why this lotion may not be a good fit for everyone, but I have eczema and severly sensitive- skin. After trying literally everything else under the sun, this lotion has actually helped to heal my skin in addition to keeping it moisturized throughout the day. Will continue to purchase. Sells for about $10.50 USD.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2006 8:28:00 AM More reviews by noaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awful. I got a dermatitis from it and now I'm using corticoids to heal my skin.