October 1, 2014 | 1974 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Airy Fairy

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by neveralways142

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to lipstick when I want a nice natural look. It's a nice light (but not too light) shade of natural pink that looks like my lips but a little bit better :) I love it. Super wearable for everyday, holds up for a decent amount of time without reapplying, and it doesn't dry out my super flaky, easily dried-out lips. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A lipstick worth having! Bought this on a whim for 3-something at walmart, and I'm so impressed. It's a touch darker than my natural lip color, and I see that for many others it's a MLBB. On my fair skin, it's a brownish pink, which is just what I was looking for. Kind of like my lip color but a little dressed up- first thought that comes to mind is that it looks simple & sophisticated.
It's relatively matte, which I also enjoy, but it goes on smoothly without being overly drying.
Not a huge fan Rimmel's lipstick smells, since I'm used to MAC's nice vanilla scented lippies, but it's not that huge of a deal to me.

All in all, I think Airy Fairy is universally flattering for many skin tones! Go get it noooow.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by bexidaisy

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I've been searching for a pink that isn't too blue, but also isn't too dark. I find that most light pinks either have too much white in them, giving me 'concealer lips', too much blue, which just doesn't work with my skin tone, or are too dark because of the warmth. I've been wearing peachy nudes because I couldn't find a decent pink. Airy Fairy is the BEST NATURAL PINK I have ever found, and I thank god I purchased it on a whim!
I wear it everyday, and on nights out :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by JimiLeighB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really love this lip color. For me, it's a great shade if I want a MLBB look with a hint of color. My skin leans cool neutral and I'm fair to medium in tone. I have to say with the amount of pink and yellow undertones being almost equal in my skin, this color is damn near perfect for me. My lips are naturally light rosy pink and this seems to blend in quite well...
Airy Fairy is a lovely nude pink with light mauve undertones, think a peach shade that leans slightly pink. It also has very fine gold "shimmer" though on the lips this isn't overly apparent, it won't come off as a true shimmer but more like a modern shimmer or a subtle glow. If you're a fan of the coveted NARS Orgasm blush, you'll probably like this lip color, though as I mentioned above, it leans slightly pink. I like pairing it with Rimmel Exaggerate full color lip liners in 032 Innocent to play up the peach or 063 Eastend Snob to bring out the pink. I also suggest trying either of these lip liners if you bought Airy Fairy and weren't quite satisfied with it.
The formula is smooth and silky, but I always use Burt's Bees lip balm every time I wear lipstick to keep my lips hydrated. The color payoff is sheer but it is easy to build to an extent if you want more color. Perhaps it's due to my lip balm, but I haven't experienced the settling into lines as other women have.The staying power is so-so, it won't last long after eating or drinking but I have yet to find a lipstick that will. It's advertised as "Lasting Finish" and I will say that the semi-matte gloss finish does last until the color is wiped/worn off. If you're not a fan of lip gloss over lipstick you may like this finish, it doesn't really need one but it looks great with gloss too. For me it doesn't dry or dull like other lipsticks can, again this could be due to my lip balm, but it's quite hydrating on it's own as well... As for the scent, to me it smells like a vanilla cupcake. Very faint, no taste and doesn't last more than a few minutes, quite pleasing actually...
I've seen other reviews that this particular shade has been discontinued, but I purchased my Airy Fairy a week ago and the display was fully stocked. I've also read reviews where people said it wasn't worth the $5.00 they paid for it, but I paid a whole $3.86 at Walmart for my lippie and I regret nothing...

I only gave 4 lippies for overall rating due to the staying power, if I ever find my holy grail lipstick with amazing moisture and staying power it will earn 5.

1 lippie for price, I keep a strict budget for drugstore makeup since I save up for higher quality cosmetics and the price of Airy Fairy is great considering it has become a daily go-to for me.

Airy Fairy earned 4 lippies for packaging quality from me. I looked at all of the pictures posted here and my lipstick is in an updated tube. It's still the signature deep maroon Rimmel tube, but it has metal and thick plastic. It holds up well in my purse/makeup bag and the lid clicks shut without being a pain to open.

I definitely see myself repurchasing this shade again. I think it will look great on women of any age if it's compatible with their skin tone/undertones. I think it would be a great choice year round, however I think it's especially suitable for spring and summer... Honestly, if Airy Fairy is even with your natural lip color or 1-2 shades darker I'd say give it a try for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by babygirl365

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lipstick, on my lips it looks like a dupe for Angel by MAC, and it lasts on the lips for ages, it has a nice sweet candy scent to it, and it leaves a baby pink color on my lips when it fades, and it moisturizers your lips while its on. Absolutely love it. I'm on my third tube at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

PROS: *long lasting. impressive staying power for a drugstore lipstick!
*beautiful color. Medium nude pink. I'm about an NC40 in Mac foundation and this is a great nude pink that doesn't wash me out. Not too light, not too dark.
* Small, sleek packaging. Perfect to through in my purse or makeup bag.
*Easy to find! I've seen it at walgreens. target and walmart.

CONS: *the smell is kind of weird. Hard to describe flowery scent. Would have preferred it to be unscented or something. However I always put a gloss over top so the smell is disguised.
*Rimmel lipsticks are starting to become more expensive. I paid a little over 7 dollars for mine. Not the cheapest lipsticks in the drugstore, that's for sure!

Overall I do like this lipstick. It's one of my favorite shades from Rimmel. Aside from the weird smell and being a tid bit overpriced I will continue to purchase this because it's one of the few pink lipsticks that does well with my skintone. Give it a go if you want a nice neutral pink every day lip!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by bellabaaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very nice pink-ish nude colour. My only problem is that I probably won't be able to use it as easily in the winter because my lips tend to crack and this product really tends to set into the cracks and lines in your lips...a little drying, so I need to use a lot of chapstick on my lips before I apply. No complaints about the packaging, the paint on the tube doesn't wear off like others *cough* l'oreal *cough*.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is about the third time ive bought this shade the last few years. I really love it! Im very pale and it looks great on me. A nudey pink with some gold tones to it, very nice. I dont mind the perfume in it either, its nice! I do think that the formula is a tad drying though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was one of the very first lipsticks I purchased when I was new to make up. I've had this for like five years, and I still use it occasionally. It's an absolutely beautiful neutral pink color. I would call it a classic pink. It's has great pigmentation and a nice rose scent. The downside is that it's not very long-lasting. You'll have to reapply continuously throughout the day. I would not repurchase this because I have graduated to higher end lipsticks and don't see the need to. I would recommend this for anyone looking for a cheap, good quality pink lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always think it's crazy when people complain about the scent of the Rimmel lipsticks, because I think they smell amazing! It's weird how that works! Anyway, I am a fair, red-headed chick, and this is my perfect MLBB shade. I can see how it wouldn't work for all skin tones, but it definitely works for me. A lot of nude shades make me look dead, but not this one. It's beautiful and the finish is lovely.