Rimmel Lasting Finish - Airy Fairy

3.9

on 1/16/2014 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I literally had to go to 5 different drugstores to find this lipstick! Airy Fairy is everything I had hoped Maybelline Born With It would be. I held off buying it for so long because I was afraid that it would be the same frosty mess that the Maybelline lippie was...but thankfully it was not!

Airy Fairy is a light (but not too pale) neutral pink with a dash of fine gold shimmer. What I love most about the lipstick is the color– it is such a beautiful natural shade that enhances the lips and is "nude" without washing me out. It covers my pigmented lips easily and wears off gracefully after about 4 hours.

You'd think that what I'm describing is the perfect lipstick...however it does have a few flaws. The worst offender was the texture. I could almost describe it as a satin-bordering-on-matte finish, which is not an issue in of itself, but the level of dryness is. In my experience, it was not creamy in the least and tugged on the lips when applied. The dry texture gave the lips a crinkly look although it wasn't visible from afar. But the real problems occurred after wearing it for multiple hours– it made my lips as dry as the sahara! By the end of its wear time my lips were begging for some lip balm and a good exfoliation. Also, the scent was a fruity-perfumey smell that was strong when applied but was not too unbearable after a while.

So overall, while I wouldn't gush about this lipstick due to its dryness, the color is stunning and as long as you slick a gloss on after it you should be fine. My favorite way to wear this is with MAC's Shy Girl layered on top :)

on 12/23/2013 6:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This was one of my first go-to lipsticks when I started makeup, which was about 5 years ago or so. A beautifully flattering color, I love it. I buy it in bulks, because some store seem to have it and then some don't, which is a shame! I like applying this with MAC's Brave, which seems to be a dupe, but Airy Fairy has a more pink and sheen to it. Regardless, I love it!!

on 12/23/2013 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am obsessed with this lipstick. I have never found one that I want to wear everyday without looking tacky and this is my dream lippy. Im very pale, cool toned, and this is my lips but better. Best nude shade ever, I will repurchase again and again

on 12/19/2013 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

hate smell not enough pigment not very lastin pretty color though

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

The formula is creamy,i like the smell too but i am not satisfied with the color.
After all the rave from the beauty blogers about this one i thought it would be amazing but i am not impressed about airy fairy.
But the lasting finish lipsticks are great.

on 11/27/2013 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

It's a pretty color, but it's not universal. It brings out the yellowness in my teeth and skin (I have a yellow undertone) and it's a little bit sheer. The formula is nice though.

on 11/27/2013 3:43:00 PM

This used to be my go-to lippie for a couple years, and I own a second tube now. I tried it on today for the first time in months and unfortunately I am not feeling it anymore. The mauve/pink base is fine on my NW20 skin, however the shimmer looks dated to me now. It's probably due to me trying some amazing lipstick formulas in the past year (most notably the new UD lippies, I am loving Naked), but this formula falls short. It's creamy, but applies a bit streaky and not fully opaque. It certainly emphasizes lip lines, and I have grown to dislike the synthetically sweet smell of Rimmel lipsticks. Nonetheless, I still think this is a good lipstick, and if you like the shade I don't think it's a waste of $4-5. Personally, I won't be buying a third tube.

on 10/26/2013 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this lipstick.

Made my chapped lips more pronounced. It settled into all the fine lines. Smells horrible. Colour is pretty meh. Overall it was really disappointing.

on 10/20/2013 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Big disappointment. I was very curious to try this after all the great reviews but ugh, it's going right in the trash. Looked good in the tube but it's got a gold sheen to it that looked terrible on my skin tone (I've got a strong gold/yellow cast to my skin), it really appeared sort of metallic and orangey...NOT flattering.

Recommended for Medium Skin