September 21, 2014 | 2046 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clinique - Total Turnaround Visible Skin Renewer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by dizbug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used the turnaround cream for a long time - many years. Ever since the concentrate came out, I've used that. Even though I get compliments on my skin quite a bit, I started wondering, what is this really doing for me? So, crazy me decided to stop using this for a few weeks - HUGE mistake! My skin got flaky, bumpy, the pores got all clogged, and it just looked lusterless. And that was the only change I made, so I knew the change was due to lack of the turnaround concentrate. So, I'm back to daily use (after toner, before foundation), and I love it. A little goes a long way, and one bottle lasts several months for me. I doubt you'd notice a dramatic change right away, so if you're looking for something drastic, this is not it, but it definitely evens, brightens, clears, and smooths my skin significantly over time. It is the only "treatment" type product I use - I'll never go without again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 4:57:00 PM More reviews by mizznk

I will buy this over and over again. I've been using it steady for about 2 months and I dont think it can get any better than this. It really does brighten my skin and helps it stay that way. I found that it has actually CHANGED my skin. its evened out my tone and made the texture silky and flawless looking. I feel like it keeps my acne at bay and really speeds up the healing / scar fading process like magic. Its really worth the 50 CDN that I paid. I should also note that I cannont use moisturizer on my forehead for some reason it makes me break out like crazy (ive only ever used clinique dramatically different gel) but this is moisturizing enough to keep my forehead satisfied and also fight my acne!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by dhina7

I really love this product. I don't usually write opinions, though I know I should but this is a product I just have to rave about.
The first day you wear it you start to really see a glow, this is just amazing. This and the "all about eyes rich" are the only things I buy from clinique. Only downfall is once I finish it I totally see my skin rebelling. Go buy it, you will llove it. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2009 5:51:00 AM More reviews by angeladrylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I really wanted to like this product and at first it seemed like I was onto a good thing, and especially for the price. Paula Begoun also seemed pretty keen on it in her book. I loved the packaging - opaque pale blue glass pump bottle, very slender and elegant. This product made my skin feel very smooth, very silky, like satin.

However what I wanted was a hydration booster in addition to my moisteriser and it didn't really seem to help long term. It seemed to help for a hour or two and then the skin next to my nose would revert to dry flakes. In a month of use it hasn't made much of a difference, so I am back to vaseline at nights. It also seemed to aggravate my red patches that I get on my cheeks, which had been going away since I switched to fragrance free products. It also contains gluten - barley or wheat germ extract, can't remember which, which I try to avoid as I have coeliac disease (which means technically I can put it on my face, but if I accidently get in my mouth I'll be sick). So I won't be purchasing again.

But I think this would be a good product for those with slightly oily or normal skin as it is very lightweight and does seem to give some good results. Just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by articia527

While I'm not terribly fond of the pump version of this [for oilier skin I'm guessing?] the cream is absolutely divine. I am a product junky when it comes to skin care because I want to have beautiful skin for as long as possible..well obviously, haha. Anyhow, needless to say I have tried numerous numerous numerous creams and serums and potions and this and that, and I keep coming back to this. I don't know why I don't just buy a whole case of it! The results are immediate and amazing. When I use this I definitely don't feel like I have to use a different product for every different skin woe I have as I feel it addresses all of them... dullness, fine lines, blemishes, unevenness... it literally does it all and it does it well! I recently started using it again [why I stopped in the first place I cannot imagine!] but I don't intend on ever being without it again, because every time I get a new jar I can't think of a time my skin ever looks better.

Love love love love love!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this product to improve my skin texture (slightly enlarged pores) and lighten some pigmentation on my face due to excessive sun exposure (oh those lovely summers in the Aegean). I also have one or two past cystic acne discolourations. Apart from that I have virtually problem-free skin. It is really great for a few weeks when you have a lovely honeymoon with your skin. Then it changes. This cream broke me out terribly and gave me dry patches on my face. I don't know which of the ingredients caused this, but I was not happy at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 10:16:00 AM More reviews by EternalRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This review is for the concentrate that comes in a bottle w/ pump.

I have been using this for years. My skin is pretty decent, I have oily skin and some larger pores on my nose. My forehead tends to get clogged pores...not necessarily pimples, but just bumps that are the same color as my skin. This is the ONLY product that makes that go away. I use one pump at night under my moisturizer, and one pump in the morning under my makeup, focusing mostly on my nose and forehead. It makes the texture of my skin feel great, and also helps clear up any unsightly bumps I may have. I guess it is not a miracle but definitely close! Of course, it is a bit pricey, and if you use it morning and night like I do, it doesn't last a very long time. But it's worth it to not have to worry about finding a product that works, at least for me. If I run out, and haven't purchased more, the bumps start to come back no matter what I use.

For the record, every morning I wash my face with Clinique's 7-day Scrub cream, followed by the mild face soap. I was told to do this at the Clinique counter, they said that it helps get the dead skin off that the Turnaround cream brings to the surface. I don't know how much of this is actually true, but it's just part of my routine and seems to be working ok!

ALSO: I haven't seen this anywhere else, but at Saks Fifth Avenue near me, I have purchased a 1.7 ounce bottle of this instead of the 1.0 ounce. It's obviously more expensive, I think it might be $45 or something instead of $37.50, but it's worth looking in to. See if you can find a store that carries the larger bottle, or maybe ask them to order it! I have no idea why this place has it, because it's not even on the website!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just for the record, I do use Clarisonic twice a day which has been doing a wonderful job of exfoliation for me. I have had it 11 days and love it. So...I received this Turnaround Concentrate (serum), as a free sample when making a purchase of my DDM-gel. I went on the website and saw the price is $37.50 for one ounce, which I think is a little pricey. I used this twice, but I thought you had to wash it off - the marketing brochure I was given has a few products on it which are for exfoliation.
The brochure, nor the website has the ingredients listed. I like to know what I'm putting on my face and the SA didn't give me any info at all on what it is, or what's in it, or how to use it.
So, I just read the reviews here which are quite good. Time will tell. I just think the Clinique SA need to start doing their jobs as far as informing customers why they need a product, and how/when to use it. They don't even bother to ask what other products you are using. So much for the "lab" part of their jobs. I doubt most have taken chemistry or microbiology. I will remain open minded about this product until I have used the small tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Nikkirose2305

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a Skin condition called ( Keratosis Pilaris)
" really dry bumpy skin "on upper arms and backside sounds worse then it looks but basically this product for the BODY not total turnaround face works great on it my skin is smooth and nice

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by lesliexyang

I bought this a few days ago but don't worry I do plan on reviewing it again in another week or so.

I really like to give honest opinions because it's what makes or breaks the products. I don't want to beat around the bush because people might end up wasting more money on something that does not work for them.

anywho, this product is not a moisturizer. by the texture of it, it already feels like it is a treatment. it has shiny little particles in it but when applied onto the face it doesn't show. it dries off into a smooth velvety finish and ..it keeps my face dry. not bad dry, but no oiliness.

so far what i have noticed: my skin is calm, my skin gets red easily and breaks out fast. no new pimples on my face and my flakes from acne are not there.

will be back!

edit: 12/24/2008

lol it's been a while. but obviously i forgot about this product. i got horrible breakouts and stopped using all the products i was at the time. this didn't do much for me for the time that i was using it. but this is my skin, not everyone else's.

i'll say if you can get a sample of this, then do so before purchasing.