December 19, 2014 | 1657 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Sudania

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Lovely TRUE red shade! stays on all day and wears soo beautifully. The formula is very matte, I prefer it that way because I personally looove mattes when it comes to red lipstick or satin. I dont like glossy. I dont mind the "dry" feeling because my lips have been moistuized from before and I used MAC's lip primer on my lips. An advantage of matte lipstick is that it tends to stay on longer,as oppossed to other finishes.
This is a true red. A staple in every woman's makeup collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is it.

This is the red lipstick you are looking for.

A rich, bright, almost glowing true red that looks great on everybody. Very sophisticated and although it says blue based, it must be very slight because it doesn't have those undertones on me at all. Gorgeous color, looks amazing against my C6 skin tone and I love MAC's matte formula. It lasts hours and although very matte, doesn't dry my lips out at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Lashaye16

Growing up I wasn't allowed to wear red lipstick....now that I am 23 years old I love red lipstick especially this one. Makes your teeth so white! Only con is you have to make sure you have no dead skin on your lips before applying this. I have this color and ririwoo love them both they're my go to's when I need a pop of color!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by PrettyBrownEyes2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color grew on me. Originally I didn't like it, but, I have grow too love it! Beautiful red and at first I didn't think I would like the matte formulation but, it is absolutely gorgeous and sophisticated.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this lipstick. It compliments every skin tone, and is a stand out look-at-me red. I do have to admit that it is quite drying, but for a long night out, this lipstick is fantastic :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by medj37

It's ok. There are far better MAC shades...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by AuroraSom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is... One of my FAVORITE red lipsticks due to it's formula. It's VERY matte. I have to put on lip balm and then blot off the excess then put on the lipstick, putting on lip balm after definitely helps a lot. Even though it's drying to some I find it lasts ALL DAY and doesn't transfer much. When I'm eating greasy food it doesn't even move much if at all. Definitely blot off any moisture as this has a lot of wax within it and it'll repel the moisture and can sort of go on uneven when you're applying closer to the inner/center of the lip.

As for the color, it's a nice red color with blue undertones. I wouldn't call it a true red though it pics it does come off that way because the flash tends to... Sort of make blue toned lipsticks a lot brighter. I have a very yellow complexion and this kind of looks maroon-ish on me, but in pics it looks very good.
If you're very warm toned and you're taking pics then this is the one to use.

If you're very warm toned and you want a true red use "Lady Danger" it's a coral red and the warmth of my skin tends to make lady danger look a true red, so the coral tone is sort of... Not so coral compared I my skin if that makes sense?

I won't knock off stars because of the color because I find that ridiculous. Even though it looks darker than I thought it would on ME I won't blame the lipstick.
MAC makeup was made to be used in photography and film so I'm sure using a lot of blue tones that show up brighter and better in photos and film is sort of what has to be done.

If you're neutral or cool toned this will look great. My cousin is quite cool toned and it looks more of a true red on her though she is an NW35 while I'm an NC25-30.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by crzynluv56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a go to red lipstick. it has warm tones and blue tones. If you dont like red lipstick I think its pretty obvious by the name that it is a red matte lipstick. and the feeling of this matte is amazing as well. I love it and I cant believe it took me this long to get my hands on it

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Farzanb

I really wanted to like this. But the color is totally different from all the pics and swatches on the internet. I ordered this online trusting all the videos and pictures of the shade thinking it was a warm toned red with a slight hint of blue.I was so disappointed to find it is aloooot bluer and darker than all the pics of Ruby Woo I had checked out earlier. My lips are naturally dark so I could not pull this off at all. And with foundation on my lips, it had only a pinkish tone. I am so upset I paid for this. It is not wearable for me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by mthrwlf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the red you are looking for.