Cover Girl Clean

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone, Camphor, Menthol, Propylparaben, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil (Clove), Methylparaben, BHT, Iron Oxides, May Contain:, Ultramarines

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is okay for touch ups, and I don't mean for coverage, but to absorb excess oil around the nose. This is strongly fraganced, and while I don't mind the scent, I would prefer no scent at all. I don't use this for coverage, or oil control, I mainly use it to set my makeup. I don't find this to get cakey, and it doesn't overdry my skin. There are better powders out there though.

I love this I have it in the brown one or normal. I use it every day with a big fluffy brush. It's around 5$ so its pretty inexpensive too! I would really recommend trying this!

on 8/15/2010 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I had this product when it was still in its old packaging, i bought the green compact for sensitive skin..it was my first ever pressed powder when i starting experiencing with different makeup,, and i have to say, man i hated it..at the beginning i actually thought it was decent probably cuz i didn't know any better, but after using it for a while i noticed how incredibly chalky it looked on my face,,it was so dull looking and made my face a little white..it was dead matte,,not the good kind of matte that makes you look shine free but matte in a bad way,, the little applicator puff thing was also dreadful,,use it if you want to achieve the zombie walking under sunlight look. i threw it out when i hit pan on it and never wanted to buy it again..i hope they have changed the formula in the new packaging, maybe then i would try it again when it's on 80% off sale.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Cover Girl powder compacts were THE status symbol of my middle school. The intoxicating scent of Noxema takes me back to the locker room, when life was simpler. After a decade of ignoring CG products, I picked up a clearanced Clean powder compact at the drugstore for $2 since I was out of powder and in a pinch. I will finish this, eventually, for the scent and memories alone, but the performance is subpar- super chalky and almost no coverage.

on 6/28/2010 6:58:00 PM

First drugstore powder. Terrible - Chalky, blotchy, gross. Turned my skin VERY orange and It felt REALLY heavy after a little while. Color Selection is terrible too - apparently EVERYBODY has cool undertones. What about us girls with Warm undertones? >_< I can't see this working for people who have dry or oily skin. Save up for something a bit better. :)

on 6/15/2010 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This has been a staple in my makeup routine for years. It's the only thing that comes close to matching my super pale skin in the drugstore. I covers well, doesn't look chalky, and controls shine. A good, cheap powder that doesn't break me out either. It's good for throwing in your purse for touchups. The mirror inside is pretty big, so that's really convenient too! I will always go back to this stuff, unless they screw up the formula!

on 4/8/2010 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This powder was great, it has light coverage and eliminates shine. The only downside is that it smells like old lady, but you get used to it.

on 4/3/2010 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This powder does absolutely nothing. No coverage, no shine control (and my skin only needs minimal shine control to begin with.) The only thing this product DOES do is smell bad. It absolutely reeks in a way that no other powder I've tried comes close to. Also, the compact is impossible to open. My recommendation? Stay away. Far, far away.

on 4/1/2010 11:46:00 PM

I love the clean liquid foundation. However I hated the pressed powder.
The greasies come through immediately.

The only plus that I can give it is the color range. My skin is so light (MAC NC15) that I can never find drugstore powders that match me (even translucent can be too dark) and the Ivory color matched me well...I just wish it lasted longer.

on 3/24/2010 4:57:00 PM

I purchased this powder yesterday. To tell you a bit of "background" I am 13 years old, with fairly oily skin, with a few blemishes. Anyways, I find this product has a very nice smell, but WAY to strong. Today I walked into the classroom after a touch-up & someone was like "whoa whats that smell?" It was kinda embarrassing. But I think it works pretty good. At first when I apply it, it looks powdery, but after about 5 minutes it looks fine. I have this powder in Buff Beige and I find it matches perfectly. One other down side was the compact was VERY (and still is) hard to open. Maybe it will wear down a tad in a bit, but currently I still have to get my dad to open it. :P I will not buy this product again, but continue to look for a powder.