November 24, 2014 | 1127 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

This was my first powder, got it in the beginning of highschool & it was all i used. This product does take away the shine & absorbs oils, but doesn't last too long if you have super oily skin. I mainly used this on my t zone. Throughout the day i would re apply probably twice. It does have a bit coverage, great for redness around the cheeks. One con might be that it does have a smell to it. Its not pleasant but not exactly a horrible smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cover Girl powder compacts were THE status symbol of my middle school. The intoxicating scent of Noxema takes me back to the locker room, when life was simpler. After a decade of ignoring CG products, I picked up a clearanced Clean powder compact at the drugstore for $2 since I was out of powder and in a pinch. I will finish this, eventually, for the scent and memories alone, but the performance is subpar- super chalky and almost no coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by ImaJedi

First drugstore powder. Terrible - Chalky, blotchy, gross. Turned my skin VERY orange and It felt REALLY heavy after a little while. Color Selection is terrible too - apparently EVERYBODY has cool undertones. What about us girls with Warm undertones? >_< I can't see this working for people who have dry or oily skin. Save up for something a bit better. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been a staple in my makeup routine for years. It's the only thing that comes close to matching my super pale skin in the drugstore. I covers well, doesn't look chalky, and controls shine. A good, cheap powder that doesn't break me out either. It's good for throwing in your purse for touchups. The mirror inside is pretty big, so that's really convenient too! I will always go back to this stuff, unless they screw up the formula!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by jenni1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder was great, it has light coverage and eliminates shine. The only downside is that it smells like old lady, but you get used to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by DevilDucky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder does absolutely nothing. No coverage, no shine control (and my skin only needs minimal shine control to begin with.) The only thing this product DOES do is smell bad. It absolutely reeks in a way that no other powder I've tried comes close to. Also, the compact is impossible to open. My recommendation? Stay away. Far, far away.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by larsonwendy

I love the clean liquid foundation. However I hated the pressed powder.
The greasies come through immediately.

The only plus that I can give it is the color range. My skin is so light (MAC NC15) that I can never find drugstore powders that match me (even translucent can be too dark) and the Ivory color matched me well...I just wish it lasted longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by jazzsm191

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this powder yesterday. To tell you a bit of "background" I am 13 years old, with fairly oily skin, with a few blemishes. Anyways, I find this product has a very nice smell, but WAY to strong. Today I walked into the classroom after a touch-up & someone was like "whoa whats that smell?" It was kinda embarrassing. But I think it works pretty good. At first when I apply it, it looks powdery, but after about 5 minutes it looks fine. I have this powder in Buff Beige and I find it matches perfectly. One other down side was the compact was VERY (and still is) hard to open. Maybe it will wear down a tad in a bit, but currently I still have to get my dad to open it. :P I will not buy this product again, but continue to look for a powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by shoefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this for sensitive skin in Ivory. I'm really pale so I got the lightest shade. I would use this for shine-reduction, but it has zero coverage otherwise and doesn't do a thing to cover up my red splotches.

Maybe a liquid would be better. The package is difficult to open too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Despite assurances to the contrary from the CG website, Buff Beige does *not* equal Translucent Medium in (what was) Fresh Complexion or Fresh Look pressed powders. After 10+ years, Cover Girl has kicked me to the curb. Have it your way, Cover Girl. Peace.