Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain

3.8

on 1/3/2010 4:12:00 PM

I stopped in at my local beauty discount store in search of my favorite fragrance, L'Instant Magic...the gentleman helping me said he had just 1 bottle left, and only $24! My heart dropped when I saw that it was L'Instant de Guerlain. He opened it anyway and sprayed some on my wrist. Hmmm, sharper, some similarities...I wore it around as I shopped and, like its sister "Magic", it developed into a new scent with time!
L'Instant is different than Magic in that it is less sweet, but they both share the delicious powdery essence. L'Instant is warmer and creamier, and reminds me of summer flowers, vs. Magic's more vanilla- sugar drydown. So I bought it!

Bottom line: I really liked "L'Instant" ALOT the longer I wore it. And after spritzing some on before I went to bed, the covers and my bathrobe smelled beautiful the next morning! A gentle powder + summer lilies fragrance. I think if I layer a little vanilla with it, I'll have a VERY close runner-up to my beloved L'Instant Magic. Even on its own, L'Instant will be a frequent go-to perfume for me. Soft and distinctive...yummy!

on 12/5/2009 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Yummy. This was recommended as a replacement for my discontinued favorite scent, Jil Sander Sensations. Spot On! It is really lovely-soft and cozy like a cashmere sweater. Now, hopefully, it will be around for awhile...

on 11/21/2009 4:07:00 PM

Don't know if I love this yet. It's unique and very light, and I can see how some would consider this as a signature fragrance.
I like the honey and amber, and it's definitely more of an oriental with my chemistry.
But it sometimes becomes quite cloying and overly powdery/chemical, which makes me wonder if I'll get it again.

on 9/20/2009 12:22:00 PM

On my 6th bottle of this now. I love it. Quite a few of my friends now own a bottle because they've smelt it on me and really liked it. I wear it less now that they wear it too, but its still a fave!

on 7/16/2009 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got a 30ml bottom when it first came out. Initially, the perfume smelled too much vanilla. After ~3 years of "aging". it had more floral notes! YAY!!!!!!! The top is milky, citrusy and has hints of floral notes. The drydown, now that it's a few years old, is delicious vanilla(faint) + light floral note!!!!!!!! The "aged" EDP is my favorite perfume I've ever smelled. This is also the only perfume I got compliments from guys.... several guys in diff occasions!!! If you think the perfume is too heady / too much vanilla, try letting it rot on your dresser for a few years =p

on 7/13/2009 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Sugary, vanillic, oriental floral that dries down to a plastic doll's hair scent. I don't think this perfume smells good at all. I'm kind of dissappointed as Maurice Roucel is the perfumer and I like so many of his creations. Money saved.

on 6/18/2009 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is my signature scent! The lady at the department store discouraged me to buy this as she felt that I was to young, but the moment I smelled it, I fell in love. It is creamy , sexy and sophisticated scent. The notes keep changing throughout the whole day, first the florals, then the honey and amber. O la la I loveeeee this....

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is definitely my favorite Guerlain perfume. The bottle is beautiful, and the scent is timeless. It smells sweet and inviting with honey and amber notes, and a bit floral with the magnolia note. It has great lasting power. This is a great fragrance from Guerlain.

on 5/29/2009 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

An exceptionally wearable fragrance from the house of Guerlain. This is a warm, inviting, and timeless scent. I love the elegance and beauty of the bottle as well. This is my favorite Guerlain perfume.

on 2/23/2009 5:36:00 PM

Soft, Creamy and just perfect..
I want this badly now... thank you muaer for swapping me this....

Popular Fragrances