Clinique Acne Solutions Line (all products)

3.0

on 1/6/2013 11:39:00 PM

I have tried soooo many acne treatments to get rid of my acne. I decided to try the clinique acne solutions line and I'm so glad I did. It has been the only thing that has helped clear up my skin although I do get the occasional breakout but my skin has never looked better. All my friends and family have told me how clear my skin looks since I started using it :). I have repurchased many times and will continue to as long as my skin needs it.

on 12/7/2012 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this line a while back and I didn't like it much the cleaner didn't make me feel like my face was clean and the toner completely stripped my skin it felt horrible. the only thing I liked a little was the lotion cause it was some what effective and didnt dry me out. would never buy again. there are better acne products

on 12/6/2012 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have had oily, acne prone, and overall extremely sensitive skin all of my life. I am currently in my mid 30's and have used this Acne 3 step routine for over 10 years; I only use the acne line it in the summertime, since the heat activates my super oily skin and causes more breakouts than in the wintertime. In the winter, I use the normal Clinique 3 step routine. The Acne solid cleansing bar I do use all year round. It is the only product that I have been able to use and have my skin clear up, looking and feeling healthy again. It is a bit expensive, but worth it to me; I find that using a cotton ball makes the Clarifying Lotion last a lot longer. I will probably use this product for the rest of my life!

on 11/13/2012 10:09:00 AM

I received a small sample of this set that includes the bar soap, toner & moisturizer. I used to suffer from a moderate amount of acne but it has mostly cleared up in the past year or so except during that time of the month. I decided to give these products a try during that time as I had a breakout around my chin & mouth. I'm not sure specifically which product is to blame, but I only used it for 3-4 days & my skin was so dry, tight & flaky... I didn't notice any difference in the blemishes at all. It's possible that long-term it might be a solution for breakouts, but for me I can't imagine continuing to use it given how terrible my skin feels. Would rather have a few blemishes than have my whole face feel this dry!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

After having great skin through my entire 20s' and early 30's, I was suddenly struck by acne from hell thanks to PCO. I am not a fan of acne products because I find that you have to keep using them to keep acne at bay. They don't offer any long-term benefits. However, I was so desperate.

This did start clearing my skin up quite quickly. The cleansing foam is quite gentle but when you follow it up with the clarifying lotion, you will still find quite a lot of dirt on your cotton pad. The SA told me it was the dead cells, but I'm not convinced the cleansing foam really cleans thoroughly. If you use sunscreen and have really greasy skin, I find that you can do without the moisturiser. The thing that really seems to make a difference is the clarifying lotion (toner) but that seems to get over much quicker than the other products, maybe because it contains alcohol that evaporates faster.

In the end, I stopped using it because it was too expensive to maintain the habit. I also got on to birth control pills which seemed to sort out the problem. These products seem to be a quick-fix solution but I would always urge people to look for long-term solutions to acne.

on 10/10/2012 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I was using this stuff for about 3 years before I finally gave up and admitted to myself it wasnt working. Its expensive as all get out, and since it runs out so fast you are easily spending 100ish dollars every few months. The lotion that comes with it almost feels like its MORE drying than moisturizing. The whole system is extremely drying, which I found made my skin over produce oil, thus making it break out more. The short version:
*Cleanser leaves a lot to be desired
*Toner is way over drying
*Moisturizer does nothing to alleviate the over drying caused by the toner.

on 10/9/2012 3:46:00 PM

I used this line for about 8-10 months. I also had to purchase the $45 moisture surge to use with it since it was very drying, so the whole thing cost me over $100 every two months - that's $600-700 per year, it's A LOT to spend on skin products. At first I had great results and loved the products, but after a while it was drying out my skin to the point that it (1) hurt and (2) I started getting super oily and breaking out again so I stopped using this. Even though it got rid of my acne at first, in the end I feel like it ruined my skin. I've never had dry skin like I had with these products and I was worried I would start getting pre-mature wrinkles because of it!!!

The reason that I gave this line 1 star instead of 0 is because I still use the toner since it keeps the oil and acne at bay, but i use a super gentle cleaner and light moisturizer so my skin doesn't get dried out or irritated.

I wouldn't use this line again or recommend it (except for the toner of course).

on 10/5/2012 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

These acne products are very gentle on my skin and worked very quickly to get rid of my blemishes. They weren't over-drying, but I wish it came with a better moisturizer like the Moisture Surge. That worked really well with this kit, by the way. Anyway, highly recommended!

on 9/29/2012 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After using product after product from Proactiv to every acne scrub, cleanser, mask in the drug store, I decided to try Clinique's Acne Solution Line. The lady at the counter said that it will work wonders for my skin.. I have moderate acne and tons of cystic acne around that time of the month, so I was desperate. It dried my face out so badly that it was flaking even when I bought the extra Clinique moisturizer. It did nothing for me, my acne was just as bad when I finished the entire bottles of the set. And my face was dried out worse than it's ever been. That was a few months ago and I am still suffering from extreme dryness thanks to it. Do not buy it just because its from Macy's, the lady at the counter swears by it, and because its "higher class" than drug store products!! Waste of money!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Used when I had mild acne and oiliness, did nothing for my skin.

Popular Face Skincare Products