October 24, 2014 | 939 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

my aunt had a sample of this with a free gift. i've been using it for 2 weeks, and i love it. it helps with oil control. however, it's so pricey. i'm someone who pays no more than $10 for a cleanser at the drugstore. I use Cetaphil and Purpose (which is about $5). So this is very pricey. That's my only gripe. I may purchase when the sample runs out because I like it so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Teshan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this cleanser for about ten years and would not dream of changing to another. It takes off all my make-up and leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed. I never have a problem with it not rinsing off and my skin never feels to dry afterwards. However,I do always put on moisturiser afterwards (as you should after washing your face). Maybe some cleansing products work differently for some people depending on their skin types. for me, this product is perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Alinster

I hate this cleanser. I got the travel size as I wanted to try it out before buying the full size, and Im glad I did. It's extremely drying, to the point that my face hurts until I put moisturizer on (and I don't have very dry skin). It doesn't smell nice and is hard to rinse off. Only good thing I can say about it is that a little goes a long way. Clinique, you really have to do better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by kinkat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as part of a sample and have only recently used it. I have never used a cleanser alone to clean off make-up. I do the following: -

- take a small swab of Take The Day Off balm, rub it in my palms and gentlely smear it all over my face
- let the balm sink in my face for about a min or two
- dab off some of the balm with a tissue
- use luke warm water, work a bit of Rinse-off foaming cleanser onto my palm into a lather and massage over my face and be very careful around the eye area.

This procedure has successfully helped me take of all the makeup I use and own including water proof products.

Some other cleansers can't seem to remove the balm residue. With this product my face feels clean.

I do not think it would remove makeup in an immediate step but then again, I'm not keen on scrubbing my face very hard. I rather spend a few more minutes to remove the makeup delicately. The balm seems to do a great job with just melting off the makeup. Hope this insight works for you too!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Stationary

I bought this after asking the SA for a makeup remover that would be good for my sensitive skin, and she recommended this one. I would definitely not buy this again.

I have the full size, and I've had it for almost a year, and it's practically new. I have used this on many occasions with different types and amounts of makeup but it has never seemed to remove anything for me. It does take off my makeup, but not all of it. It also is extremely hard to rinse off and seems to always leave a residue that makes me want to rinse my face more, I also always have to follow up with other cleansers multiple times in order to feel "clean" again.

On the plus side, it is very gentle and I did not break out from using it, it just didn't do anything and probably made me waste water.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by electroheart

This cleanser gets every SCRAP of make-up off my face. Foams up into a lovely soft lather and rinses lovely and clean. I have oily, acne-d, shiny-nightmare skin, so if anything I'm in favour of the slightly drying properties some people have mentioned with this cleanser. Not a bad price for a higher-end cleanser, I've never felt any irritation, dryness or anything else negative while using it, just nice clean-feeling skin. However, now that I am using a topical retinoid to treat my acne, I find it can be more drying, so I have to up my moisturiser use some days. Overall though, a fine cleanser that rinses super clean and removes make-up really effectively.

One pain in my ass with it, however, is the crappy packaging - the squeezy tube it comes in. When it gets to the point where about 1/3 of the bottle is left, it gets super hard to squeeze it out and in the end I have to cut the tube open with scissors which isn't hygienic. Pump bottle with a screw-on pump top would be better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by MariahB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am an avid Clinique user. I honestly have never had any problems with any of their products (make-up/ facial cleansers, scrubs, and lotions).

This is a great face wash. It lathers up really well and foams up instantly. A little bit of the product goes A LONG WAY! It is sort of on the pricey side, but it honestly lasts so long. I love how this cleanser isn't super drying (still need to moisturize...not matter what, that's my skin type).

This formula isn't too mild and it isn't too harsh...It's just right.

I am so obsessed with this cleanser that when I get to the very end of the tube, I cut it in half and take portions out whenever I cleanse my face (I cover it up right after with plastic wrap).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I had a sample of this first and threw it aside. I then saw Paula Begoun say this was a good cleanser for normal skin types so I dug it out to try.

Have to say I love it although it is a tad drying to me in the winter time. Love all of the foam and it works exceptionally with my Clarisonic. In many ways it reminds me of Lancome's foaming cleansers only fragrance free (a plus).I just follow with moisturizer and I'm not unhappy.I do precede this with a cleansing oil as I always do to make sure all sunscreen and makeup is off of my skin but this does seem to clean well nonetheless. Does not cause breakouts for me. I will look into buying a full size when it's bonus time.

I also thought to mix this with Clinique's Redness Solutions cleanser which I hate--it cleans nothing--and together this is a winning combination.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by PinkCarnation

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This product will take off your makeup, but I much prefer the Take The Day Off Balm to do that. If you get this in your eyes yowwwweee.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a small size of this with another product and i mainly took it with me when travelling. It lasted for ever so you really needed a tiny amount of it but still i needed to wash my face few times to get all the make up off. Even after that my face didn't feel clean like they do with most of the cleansers i've been using. And when using a toner the cotton ball looked sometimes really sickening with the residue. Not going to buy.