mark Scanda-Lash Hook Up Mascara

3.7

on 2/6/2010 7:51:00 PM

Full disclosure: I'm a .mark rep, but I review their products positively and negatively here. I'm honest. That being said, I LOVE Scanda-Lash mascara. It is my HG non-waterproof mascara. I have the black and the purple, both are awesome. You absolutely cannot beat the $5.50 price and the small size ensures you're not throwing extra product away when you replace it after 3 months. It lengthens and thickens and does not flake off... LOVE it.

on 2/6/2010 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wouldn't you believe this little gem is my absolute HG mascara? Well, ladies, it definitely is. I've tried Dior's Dior Show , Urban Decay's Big Fatty, Lorac's Lotsa Lash and several other department store and drugstore mascaras, but mark's Scandalash thickens and separates my lashes so well, I can't imagine completing any look without it. This is definitely small in size, a little longer than a match stick, but the size is the best feature of this product and I'll tell you why. They say the best trick in preventing your mascara from drying out is to swirl it around the tube instead of pumping it in and out so that air doesn't get forced in as much. Well, I find myself forgetting this sometimes and my mascaras dry up within 2 weeks of opening it. After forcing myself into the habit of swirling instead of pumping, my mascaras STILL dried up and I came to realize that merely taking that long wand in and out of the tube is exposing the mascara to unnecessary air. The scandalash is so small that you don't have to worry about exposing the actual makeup to air. I've had my little tube for about two months now and it applies just as effortlessly as when I first bought it. The consistency is very creamy which means you won't have that funky lumping effect that some mascaras get when you apply them and the color is nice and black and dries quickly with very little fallout. I curl my lashes then apply three coats, never letting the mascara dry between coats, and finish off with falsies if I want a more dramatic look. I definitely recommend this product over any other mascara available today. It's so cheap, I got mine for $6, and you have the option of hooking it up with some of mark's other wonderful products.

on 1/16/2010 7:02:00 PM

This is a pretty good mascara. I have been using it for a few months now and I think I have figured out how to use it to its full potential. This can clump, but by wiping the wand with a tissue before use, it remedies that. It gives good length and volume. It does give a tiny bit of the 'spider lash' effect but overall not so bad. It doesn't flake or smudge, however I do find that it does take a rather long time to dry. The hookup is very convenient. Overall, it was decent but I won't repurchase.

on 12/25/2009 1:42:00 AM

I love the convenient size of this mascara. The "hook-up" can be paired with my favorite lipgloss in the same line of cosmetics. It does not flake and for a non-water proof mascara it does not make me have raccoon eyes when I'm sweaty.

on 10/6/2009 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am pretty partial to the superfull mascara (from AVON), but I did order one of these as well. I don't like how small they are, but it is perfect for slipping in your purse. A great mascara though!

For how small the packaging is, I will say theres a lot more product that I had expected. I bought the one in brown. There's really not much to say about it, I'm not crazy over it but I don't hate it. The smell is a little weird. It doesn't keep my eyelashes curled, clumps sometimes, doesn't dry fast and yea...

on 8/25/2009 7:55:00 PM

This mascara was just okay, nothing special. I really like the long, thin brush but the formula is very 'meh.' I apply some primer before the mascara and I've found that it helps with separating lashes and defining them better.

on 8/23/2009 11:03:00 PM

This is a pretty good mascara. Makes my lashes very thick. It has a large applicator in a small tube "hook up" that you can carry around with you for touch-ups throughout the day. I love the colors blacklash and brownout. Also comes in a wine and indigo blue color.

on 8/17/2009 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first mark make-up product, and I'm likely to buy it again. Many people wouldn't expect that much from a small mascara tube like this, but this mascara was pretty awesome. It separated my lashes, and made my lashes look very very long. Was a little clumpy at first though.

on 7/7/2009 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was acutally surprised at the quality of this mascara..I guess I just didn't think it would do much for me ..but it did! I have really long lashes and they can clump easily with most mascaras. This mascara separates my lashes and makes them look dramatic without looking fake.. I love it!