July 29, 2014 | 1647 users online

Powder - Christian Dior - DiorSkin Compact Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by NataliaRivera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Diorskin makeup is an amazing product, for all skin types and ages, it has a great coverage, yet like nothing on feeling, it blends to your face like silk, a lovely smell, looks so natural, my skin never looked so beautiful, i recommend it to everyone, even if its expensive i think its worth it, i still dont if they have refilling for the compact, i would love to know, so send a message is you know they exist :D...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2006 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Natsright

Stumbled on this accidently. I was at the mall checking out the Dior counter because I love their mascara. I looked in the mirror and noticed I looked like crap so I asked to use the powder. It tranformed me and I fell in love with it immediately! I will never use another, but it is very expensive for the amount you get.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 3:27:00 AM More reviews by smitten8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

got a sample of this and just not impressed with it. too cakey. i think my face without it look much better...doesnt make it smoother, doesnt make it look clearer....nothing but makeuppy and cakey look. EDIT: a while after using this, my face feels like its burning!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2006 12:52:00 AM More reviews by ipathgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first, I loved this stuff. I got it in 300 I think it was, and I just loved everything about. Great coverage, but felt and looked like you were wearing nothing. Give it half an hour and it had totally melted in to my skin! Perfect right? Well yeah, until about mid-day you start to look like the tin man!! Now I know this stuff is supposed to make you "glow" and you can sort of see the sparkles in the compact, but wow, I mean my face looked like it was silver or something! really bizarre! I have combination/oily skin, so I can maybe see this working better for someone with dry/normal skin. Maybe it won't be so shiney on them, but unfortunately this went back to the store for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2006 8:02:00 AM More reviews by mlouprice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this product last week at Sephora. I asked the lady who worked there to recommend a powder foundation with excellent coverage. She suggested Sephora's powder foundation and Dior's powder foundation. After trying on both, she told me she used Dior and was extremely pleased with it so I decided to purchase it. I've been wearing it for several days and I love it. I need a decent amount of coverage to cover old acne marks and this does the trick. The coverage is buildable, smooth and flawless. I have combination skin and it stays on all day. I highly recommend this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2006 1:34:00 AM More reviews by nlew1983

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to buy this powder after the high ratings it has recived on MUA - but unfortunately, it didn't work for me. It doesn't have any oil control properties (well, not for me anyway) although the colour was perfect! Will stick to my MAC StudioFix.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2006 8:13:00 AM More reviews by pocari

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only makeup that I use everyday. 201 linen is a very good match for my light skin with yellow undertones. It just takes a few minutes to put on - I use a brush (Paula´s Choice) to apply, and touch up with a sponge. It does a good job of concealing the red spots around my nose and cheeks, yet looks completely natural, and not at all powdery. I really can´t tell that I am wearing makeup with this on. Also haven´t suffered any breakouts with this and I have sensitive skin. Will most likely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2006 10:54:00 AM More reviews by munchkinatta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The powder foundation made for girls with yellow undertones, like me! I was still searching for my HG in foundation and I have to say that this seems to be it right now. I prefer this over other powder foundations that I have tried ( Shiseido, Stila, Body&Soul,Laura Mercier, Clinique, Mac, Chanel, Bare Escentuals, Lancome, NARS)...I have really tried them all and this is so much better than anything out there. It is what mineral makeup was not for me. It is silky, yet leaves my skin with a glow which I love. I have redness on my cheeks and this really seems to cover it well. I apply it with a brush in the morning and touch-up my nose during the day. It looks pulled together , but still natural. I use this with liquid Dior Makeup, if I have an event. For refernce I am using # 200 and I am a Mac C3!!!!The only thing I do not like that much is the compact. It is not easy to get out the sponge and the square shape is akward. I prefer Mac Studiofix type of compacts, with a seperate compartment for the sponge. which are round and flatter.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2006 4:17:00 PM More reviews by sherina614

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think I may have found my HG powder foundation!!! This powder practically liquifies on your skin because it is so finely milled. The coverage is buildable and never looks chalky and never collects in my pores (which mineral makeup powders do). I need heavy coverage due to broken capilaries on my cheeks, nose and chin and general redness due to sun damage (I'm in my 40's) ... So I use a liquid foundation (still searching for my HG there) underneath, but with a layer of DiorSkin on top I feel and look like I have no foundation on and the lasting power is super! I have combo skin with slightly oily t-zone and sometimes need to touch up that area mid-day, but DiorSkin does the job there too. I have a light/medium complextion and use shade 201 (Linen) which I am very happy with. I bought the refill version on eBay for $23 including shipping but now that I know I love it, I want the whole compact for the benefit of the mirror (and for how good it feels to open a Dior compact in public - LOL)! Highly recommended powder foundation and a must try for every makeup diva! P.S. I use Pure Luxe Eraser/Corrector in "What Red" underneath my initial layer of liquid foundation, which does seem to help tone down the redness and improve the application and lasting power of both my liquid foundation and DiorSkin powder. On top of all, I use Pure Luxe "You Glow Girl", which is okay but not my HG loose powder. 10/29/06 UPDATE: Still my HG powder foundation, but found that #302 (rosey beige) is an even better color for me! Want to try #300 too (medium beige), so I guess I'll have to go to the Dior counter at Nordies to make my final determination. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2006 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Lucrecia

I always love to explore new powder foundations due to the ease of application and touching up. I was very impressed with Diorskin Powder Foundation but it's slightly too oily for my very oily T-zone and dry cheeks during the summer. So I thought I would try Diorsnow which was developed for warmer countries in Asia. Diorsnow are very similar to Diorskin in terms of coverage but it has slightly dryer texture which is great for the summer. The coverage ranges from sheer to medium due to the application method (short pressing motion with sponge gives the most coverage). The texture is perfect not too powdery like Studio fix and it feels comfortable and look very natural on the skin. The powder also doesn't highlight flakey parts like Studio Fix. The finish is semi-matte that looks fresh and clean. I do have to touch up with blot powder but doesn't have to add more foundation through out the day. The lasting power is good too - it lasts for 10 hours comfortably. The product comes in a gorgeous white compact that simply couldn't resist as well. I have flakies and most foundations including GA LSF accentuates them but Diorsnow and Diorskin don't. If you feel that powder foundations are too dry for you then you should definitely try this product or if you have really dry skin then try Diorskin! I like this powder foundation better than Shiseido, EL, Cargo, and MAC.