April 18, 2014 | 900 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Chanel - Base Lumiere - Illuminating Makeup Base

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 4:13:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow.
I am not a huge fan of primers as I have a T-Zone that gets shiny in a second if I layer too many products in the morning under my foundation.
Well, we are in Autumn and probably the cooler temperatures have a part in this but I am very happy with his Chanel base.
I used it now for 3 days in a row under 3 different types of foundation and in all 3 cases it worked wonders!
I use my serum/moisturizer (that can be Lancaster serum, Advanced night repair or La Prairie plus a cream like Guerlain Issima or EL Perfectionist or Idealist), then my sunscreen (Clarins) plus the Chanel base. Then I apply the foundation (I used, in the 3 days, La Mer Foundation, Chantecaille and a combi of Cargo Oli free plus EL Max Cover.. not all together of couse!!!).
Obvioulsy I set it with loose powder (Guerlain, of MUFE HD or Dior).
In all 3 days the Base did a great job: I made the foundation last for good 7 hours without the tiniest bit of shine.
And the whole make up got an extra glow I never experienced before.
As I said, we have cooler tempereatures and this may have helped - I need to chack this in summer to give a full 5 lippies rating, for now I give a cautious 4.
To me, this base is a winner!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by ralcan01

i bought this when i was on the hunt for a good foundation and i absolutely love it! i only use it on special occasions like a nice dinner or a party. It's sheer but comes through/works well with foundation to give a nice luminous glow. Took a lippie off because of the price and how small the bottle is.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by dreamwatch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this after deciding I would need a primer to keep my make-up in check at a wedding a few months back. I didn't really have time to go shopping around, so after checking reviews here this was the one I plumped with.

As mentioned the packaging, though very stylish, isn't the best for this type of product, but I can deal with it. It has a beautiful scent which many will hate; scented products don't bother me, but if they bother you then make sure you try before you buy. I have to be honest, I don't think this is the best product for me. Though I'm very pale, this managed to make me more so, and I felt that I just looked very white and shiny all day. I'm willing to accept that I may have not used the product correctly, but I've used it a couple of times since, varying the coverage, and it hasn't seemed to make much difference. It did keep my foundation in place though, so it wasn't all bad. Plus it does give a nice smooth texture to your skin.

I'll use up the bottle, but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by whirled

I love this primer! I have yellowish skin so the Rosee color suits me really well. Do not use too much or else your face will be a tad too "oily" and your final makeup may slide and look too "white" on you. So, a little goes a long way! I use this before I use my Chanel Teint Innocence or my BB Cream and I get the final result that I want - a dewy, rosy, glowy look! I love this item! You can totally tell the difference if you use this primer or not. Without it, my foundation looks a little blah on my skin. Sure you can't go wrong with Chanel foundations (I've been a faithful user for many years) but the effect with this primer is just plain amazing! My only complain is the packaging. Not so user friendly. But would totally purchase this over and over and over again!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by littleliverbird

I bought this a while back when I was on a mission to find the perfect make up base. I started using this again recently and am delighted with the results. It really makes my foundation (MAC studio fix fluid) glide on flawless and gives my skin a gorgeous glow. It's expensive, but as you only need a small amount you definitely get your moneys worth. I've already stocked up on another bottle for when this runs out!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by sandyroy01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't notice a difference when I use this prduct. I feel like it made my face a little more oily than normal and I couldn't really tell a difference in keeping my makeup on all day. I wouldn't purchase it again. It was expensive and the packaging was annoying.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by castanerj911

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRIMER! it works really well. Everytime I wear it I get so many compliments on my skin. It really does make my makeup last all day. If it wasn't so expensive for such a small amount I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It would be even better if it came in a pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2008 3:37:00 AM More reviews by ropey

Chanel products are always luxurious... but expensive! Honestly I can't really tell the difference in my skin when i've used this. It feels great on and I guess it does brighten your skin a bit, but unless you have money to burn then I'm sure there are other less expensive products out there that perform equally well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Minky0910

I have to agree packaging is shocking! It looks kind of pretty but it's a nightmare to use! All that shaking and squeezing and the guilt about wasting the expensive goo when you squeezed out too much means I had to drop it from my every day routine as it was spoiling my mood every morning. Otherwise it’s a good little toy. I use it in numerous different ways: 1. Makeup base – it does give a very smooth finish, doesn’t dry out the skin and gives it a nice subtle glow. Not sure about the staying power, with my overactive T-zone no primmer/makeup combo lasts more than 4 hours. 2. Mixed with Foundation – on good skin days I mixed it with Chanel Vitalumier and it looks amazing. It kills all of already poor coverage power of Vitalumier but makes your skin kind of amazing “other-worldly” dewy glow, think Thierry Mugler Alien ad but in a much more wearable “Japanese-girl-eat-your-heart-out” kind of a way. 3. On its own with some translucent powder on top – this is for very very good skin days. Makes my skin like satin. With no powder it looks scary on me. I’m pale with olive and blue undertones, on me looks very blue, again Thierry Mugler Alien ad but in a bad way. It does nothing for my pores, I suppose the light trick is supposed to make them less noticeable but to doesn’t fill them at all. It’s much too expensive for something that doesn’t perform too well. I won't be buying it again cause I'm sure you can buy a look-a-like cheaper. It’s a good skin day product, don’t expect any miracles.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

I bought this primer on an impulse buy as I already have a HG primer that I have been using for about a year now ( LM Hydrating Primer). I love Chanel's e/s quads, l/s, glossimers, and JC blushes...they all work so wonderfully so I thought this primer would to. I was looking for a primer that gave me a subtle glow and help make my m/u last all day-night. The SA recommended Base Lumiere as it is supposed to impart a glow. I did use it for a few days and did not notice any difference between this primer and my LM one. It does help your m/u stay all day, and it did seem to minimize my pores, and I did see a "glow", but not sure if that was because of my highlighter I used or the primer? The only difference between this and my LM one is the price and amount you get for the $40 USD...which is not alot. One ounce if I remember correctly. Needless to say, I returned this primer and will not be repurchasing...sticking w/ my LM Hydrating primer as it does the same exact thing for alot cheaper, and I get more product :)