April 16, 2014 | 1587 users online

Scrubs - Laura Mercier - Face Polish

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by kahillrn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice exfoliating scrub. We all know many nice scrubs, but not worth the price IMO. $8.82 per ounce is a bit steep.

Pros:
Cleanses AND exfoliates (does make the price seem better)
Creamy composition
Smell awesome (creamcicle, light citrus-y, yummy)
Softens skin
Intense exfoliation (if you need it, great for winter blah's)
Brightens harsh winter skin
No greasy feeling afterward

Cons:
NOT gentle (sensitive skin be careful, start slowly)
Price

If I had severely dry and or damaged skin, I would love this scrub. I have normal/combo skin that needs gentle exfoliation. I feel the need to warn anyone with sensitive skin. I would start slow, maybe even every third day in the beginning. I also should state that I do use a hydroxy acid or retinol product on a nightly basis, so I don't really need deep exfoliation. If the price was easier to swallow, I might buy this again, but, it isn't. :( A homemade sugar and honey scrub would be just as good and cost effective as well. Even if you bought organic honey and raw sugar you could make 10x as much for the same price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by karinaFresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never felt so enthusiastic about a facial exfoliator in my life. I've tried many but this one blows the pants off of all of them. I got a sample from sephora thinking it was just gonna be like any other scrub but I was very wrong. It smells really nice too. I also like that its called a polish instead of a scrub, I find that polishes do a better job at exfoliating.

TEXTURE:
They're not kidding when they say face polish, if you are sensitive to scrubs & hate any abrasive-ness, this isn't for you. Its pretty abrasive but not in a bad way, in the way that you know its really scrubbing away any flaky, dull skin that you don't want, that its working. I personally like the feeling.

RESULTS:
Wow, my skin felt & looked so amazing afterwards. It had this glow to it that I can't explain. My skin just looked so fresh, moisturized, & healthy. I actually quite liked my skin for once. It felt baby soft & smooth & made a perfect canvas for when I put on my makeup. My foundation looked awesome that day (flawless & radient). My skin seems to love it too because its clearing up, my pores look smaller, & my blackheads aren't as noticeable.

Im definitely buying the full size, I never felt so confident about my skin in my life. My skin wasnt dull, dry, tight, flaky, or irretated afterwards, just beautiful. I usually don't spend alot of money on skincare but this is an exception, worth every penny of the $30. Holy grail scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by js87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS MY HG !! I've tried many different scrubs before and this is the BEST by far! It's not too rough on your skin which I like because I have sensitive skin. It makes your face unbelievably smooth after; it looks like you just got a facial and leaves your face glowing. I love love lovee this product! I definitely recommend this if you're looking for a face scrub!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by maryclare80

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was at the Sephora store and got a sample of this product.

I used it once and threw away the rest.

This is WAY too rough for me.

I felt like someone had rubbed sandpaper over my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by allybee1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!
It's gentle enough to use everyday, but rough enough to exfoliate. It leaves my skin feeling fresh, clean, and smooth. Definitely worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 4:48:00 AM More reviews by bllhjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best exfoliater I've used, but it is a bit expensive. Gentle but still does the job. I also notice that my skin looks more radiant after I use it. I would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Luckymx95

This product is awesome! Its filled up with little mini beads so it really exfoliates your skin. I would definetly buy this product again and again. I got it for thirty dollars so its nothing compared to the 60 to 100 dollar exfoliaters. My face is a combination of oily and dry and it hasn't effected my skin in a bad way at all. After using it, you find your skin to be softer after washing away your old skin cells. You don't have to scrub this on your face harshly, just gently massage it into your face for like 20 seconds and that's all it takes.
*** It says you can use this product daily but I would go for every other day to let your skin have a break. That way your not continuously rubbing away the fresh layer of skin you got the day before. Also I would be careful around cystic acne! THIS IS TRULY WORTH IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Jess791

I love this product, it's not too harsh , it's not too gentle , it's just right. You can use it everyday but I use it every other day . I love how it leaves my skin glowing and radiant like I just came back from the spa. It also makes your skin absorb producta better so when you apply any other treatment, moisturizer or toner; it will seep in into your skin so easily without leaving any residue or shine; i have oily skin so I dot like that. This scrub also lightens, lefts dead skin cells, shrink pores, and help diminiah blemishes or minor pigmentation. Im so gonna purchase this again and again and again till my skin is immune to it lol

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by chanel2110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I will buy this again, most definitely. Though I have no idea when that will even be, as I only use a pea sized amount and it could take me years to get through! So okay, I'll repurchase sooner than that since it might spoil if I wait that long. But honestly, I use such a little amount that for the large size, it looks impossible to get through! I love this so much. I scrub veeeeerry gently every morning. It's expensive but hey, it works wonderfully and I don't know when I'll make my way through the entire bottle. I also think that it's helping with the acne scar discoloration issues that I have. It seems to be blurring them away, boosting the effects of my Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by iluvMUA

Leaves skin smooth and soft