November 27, 2014 | 1502 users online

Concealers - Clinique - Airbrush Concealer

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by katiamavra

I have this concealer in shade 04. Supposedly it illuminates and perfects under eye circles. However its consistency is so lightweight that it doesn't cover up anything. There are lots of less expensive concealers that work way better than this one. A waste of money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by karafraser

I tried this concealer after watching a make up tutorial on youtube by Lisa Eldridge. When she said that it was one of her favourites I knew that I would talk myself into buying it!

Firstly I should say that I don't get on too well with undereye concealers. I have tried many that other people rave about (Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Lancome Teint Miracle are examples) and I haven't loved any of them. I have always felt that they look too heavy and make my under eye area look cakey - although my application technique is probably at least partly to blame. With this in mind, I didn't have particularly high hopes for this product.

I have the shade 4 'Neutral Fair' and it is an excellent match for my reasonably pale skin (I am between NC15 and NC20 or Chanel Vitalumiere B10 - B20 for reference). It comes in a little pen and you twist the end to get the product to come out. There is a little brush on the end which you can use to apply / blend the product - although I generally use my fingers.

As soon as i tried this concealer I knew that i loved it. I don't have particularly bad dark circles but I do get shadows around the inner third of my undereye area and this product covers them beautifully. It is also almost impossible to make it look cakey - it is very natural and once it has been applied it is difficult to tell that you are wearing makeup. If you have very dark under eye circles or like full coverage this probably isn't the product for you as it doesn't completely remove darkness but it does reduce them significantly and gives the skin a very healthy glow. It is also quite long lasting and I don't need to top it up on an average day. Although it is very small and light so it would be easily carried around with me if I did want to reapply throughout the day.

If I want a slightly heavier coverage i put a dot of this product onto the back of my hand and apply it with a brush and blend it in with a little of my Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer (another tip from Lisa Eldridge). I find that this gives me more coverage.

This concealer isn't cheap but it isn't the most expensive on the market either - it is £17 in the UK and I think this is reasonably good value as it lasts for a long time. The only comparable product I have tried is Lancome's Teint Miracle and it lasted only about half of the amount of time that the Clinique Airbrush Concealer does. I use this product most days and a pen lasts me around 9 months.

Overall this is a brilliant everyday concealer for someone looking for natural coverage for undereye circles.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Tinuwiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If your skin is dry, I do not recommend this product. It flakes and settles in the fine lines even after rich eye cream.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by cahall2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this concealer! I do not have the dreaded dark circles, so I cannot speak to how well this works for that problem. BUT - I have had puffy bags under my eyes since I was an adolescent, and now that I'm older that skin has started to look a little saggy. So, not good at all. I've struggled to find an under eye concealer since products that are too heavy or opaque tend to emphasize my problems.

This goes on like a dream, very smooth consistency. And easily blends out. And I don't know how, but it manages to make the area under my eyes look smooth, less puffy, and illuminated.

This one is a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by racheroonie

This was the first concealer I ever really used. I was really pleased with it, because the packaging is really hygienic. I mainly use it to cover red spots from acne scars. I like the consistency, while it's dry, it definitely covers the red areas.

It doesn't break me out, and lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by patchoul1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best concealer out there for dark circles under your eye. I use this in combination with Garnier's roller concealer product. The Clinique one really gets in there and definitely helps to hide the shadows. I bought this from several reviews I found and would definitely buy this again - this will be a staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Elena1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This consealer gives a very light coverage, so it does not cover dark pigmentation (for example it doesn’t cover my freckles).
But it is excellent for brightening the shadows on my face, it works a little bit like a highlighter but with a light coverage of a concealer. It is a perfect mixture for me!
Usually I apply it on my laugh lines, I blend it very well with another firm brush. And it gives a very good effect, the wrinkles become “invisible”. Besides, this concealer doesn’t crease into the lines during the day.
I also suffer from puffy eyes. I apply this concealer just under my bags on the shadow line (not under the eyes! otherwise it will only emphasize the puffiness), I blend it very well and the bags become less visible.
It is very easy to apply, it brushes on very smooth. It has a creamy-light texture. The pen is convenient to keep in your purse, as it has a brush, so it is like 2 in 1.
Another good thing is 100% fragrance free.
I bought it for 22.00 euro (1.5ml)
I will definitely keep repurchasing it again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by kstone1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

it's something I am sending back it's not as opaque as I need and I need an spf factor I can get a product from the drugstore (which is all I really have considering my zip code 29926) another "I should had read the reviews on MUA before I got it...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

silicone-y. Tried no 4 and it was too pasty for my NC25 skintone. Lisa Eldridge uses it a lot so I had high hopes but since the color match isn't good, I can't evaluate much more than that. Standard click pen but I pref to use my fingers to blend concealer anyways. It seems like it would be best for someone without many fine lines in that area.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by niteamor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very lightweight concealer that doesnt crease or look cakey. It has very minimum coverage and can settle into the lines after 2-3 hours.