October 31, 2014 | 1405 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by bathtimefun4all

After having a tragic skin episode(s) using Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash in the '90s, I tried to stay as far away from any of Neutrogena's cleansers as much as possible. Unfortunately I have forgotten to bring my cleanser whenever I stay at my BF's place several times and this was the only thing he had. He said he used this when he had acne issues in high school and loved it (and is the only thing he buys...men...) Anyway, his skin is almost perfect and you can't even tell he had acne as a kid (could also be that he's 24 and not a hormonal teenager)...so I tried the cleanser. I only used a very small amount at first because I was dead scared to use any Neutrogena products after what happened in high school. Anyway, this worked pretty well. I knocked off 2 lipsticks because it can be over-drying sometimes and the smell is not so great. I wouldn't buy this for myself, but I'll use it if it was the only thing available.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by courtinkerbell

I have the pink grapefruit version of this, which I couldn't find on here... Maybe there is but oh well. I actually really like this. It smells sooo good! I enjoy using it so I have become very diligent about washing my face morning and night, so that in and of itself has really helped my skin lol. It doesn't make my face feel "squeaky clean" which is what I like in a face cleanser, so that's why I gave it 4 stars. All in all, I really do like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm acne prone so I have to be careful about my cleansers. I used to use expensive cleansers, Bobbi Brown, DDF, Ole Henrikson, Philosophy, etc. But the ingredients are just too much. They all broke me out or left my skin feeling weird, dry, or otherwise blah. I would love to use something all natural but they just don't help keep my skin clear. My dermatologist suggested the classic orange gel Oil Free Acne Wash. I use it a few times a week, but I LOVE this cream cleanser better. I use the Grapefruit version. It smells soooooo good. It really gets my skin clean, with a fresh, deep penentrating feeling. My skin feels so smooth and balance afterwards, not dry or tight. I slather it on and take it off with a warm washcloth. It has helped keep breakouts at bay! My only gripe is that I once got it in my eyes and I almost literally died and went blind (well not literally). So don't get it in your eyes, LOL! Other than that, I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by SableMelody

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't actually have any acne so I don't know if it works for that, but I do have sensitive skin that breaks out immediately when there's even a tiny bit of dust or dirt on it. It works for those irritations, for me at least. Unfortunately it dries up my skin a lot in winter, so that's a con.
I'm not sure if I would buy it again or not honestly.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by sdr95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

It really doesn't do anything. Not something I'd recommend for those with acne; although, my mom says it worked on her....Personally, I just don't like Neutrogena products in general. I mean they are gentle but they don't do anything they say they do.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by 455smile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It worked pretty well on me, but I probably won't re-purchase due to hearing how much better cleansers like Biore are. It got all the dirt off and prevented zits really well, but spit out too much sometimes.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by MISSKAYLA

I am not a fan of this product. The best way to describe this is noxzema in a tube. It changed the texture of my skin (in a bad way) within 1 week of using it. I will no buy this ever again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by keim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I didn't purchase the oil-free acne was cream cleanser but I was on vacation and used it because my facial cleanser got lost. So I ended up borrowing this cleanser from a family member. I didn't even use it on my whole face because knowing my skin it wouldn't be pretty.

I had some hormonal acne on my chin and a zit on my cheek. I put this cleanser on those areas and within seconds it started burning so bad. When I got out of the shower I noticed that my skin in those areas was very dry and a little raw. I will never use this cleanser again it dried my skin out for the entire week and made it flaky after I had just got it under control.

Those with sensitive-dry skin like mine should stay away from this product at all costs.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by iBoss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product did nothing for my skin (or at least, what it was supposed to do).

I've had little bumps and I've been HOPING this product would fix it. Well after two weeks of using it, I now get cystic acne, which I never had before. If I don't use it, I get more cystic acne and it gets worse. So either way I'm screwed. I bought a new cleanser today hoping that will calm all the chaos this product has done to my face (lol). Also the packaging can be rather sloppy if used incorrectly. With this bottle, I just tilted it sideways and squeezed the product out onto my fingers. Otherwise it'll just spill out. I will say it did give me some oil control on my nose, yet once again another negative... ended up drying the rest of my face. For these kinds of results, this product was not a cheap one... rather waste 3 bucks on nasty results instead of 8. I will not be repurchasing for the obvious reasons.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Louzee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this product on and off for the past 2 years. I love it and come back to it when I need to keep my acne under control. I would first like to express that this could not possibly serve as a cure for acne, as there is no "real" cure as of yet, only preventative measures and products that will keep it under control. I suffer from under-the-skin acne and temperamental skin (some days I'm oily like fried chicken, some day I'm as dry as the Sahara). This cleanser is gentle and does not leave a funky residue on my skin or dry it out completely. It has a slippery texture and produces minimal suds. I use this in conjunction with an oil-free moisturizer and Retin-A cream.This product is readily available and pretty cheap. I get mine from Wal-mart for about $5-6. I recommend to most acne sufferers, but don't expect a miracle.