Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser

3.3

OLD FORMULA: Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Di C12 15 Alkyl Fumarate, Coco Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Matricaria Flower Extract (chamomilla recutita), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Potato Starch (solanum tuberosum), Propylene Glycol, Fragrance 5/29/09 NEW FORMULA: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Steareth-21, Polysorbate 60, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Panthenol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Menthol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Cetyl, Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance. 04/08/2011

on 3/8/2011 7:34:00 PM

I picked this up and wasn't expecting too much from it. While admittedly less drying than the original version, this still leaves my skin feeling tight, and I don't have very dry skin! It kept my skin relatively clear, but I still broke out around my forehead, even though I don't have acne prone skin. After having this in my cupboard for a few months, the product started to settle so that I had a clear liquid coming out whenever I squeezed the bottle! I think that there are much better options in the drugstore that to be settled on this- Neutrogena's acne line disappoints me in general, and I know I won't be buying this again.

on 1/18/2011 11:21:00 PM

I Love this product! Have been using it forever! I don't have any major issues with my skin, just occasional hormonal breakouts. Well, i can't find it anywhere!!! Does anyone know what's going on?? It's been a few months now! I switched to a different cleanser with the same active ingredient and now i have lots of breakouts. And so does my husband, whom i got addicted to it... So annoying!

on 11/26/2010 5:20:00 AM

Great for my dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin as the foam version strips the life out of it. This has never irritated my face and the tube lasted me a year!

After having a tragic skin episode(s) using Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash in the '90s, I tried to stay as far away from any of Neutrogena's cleansers as much as possible. Unfortunately I have forgotten to bring my cleanser whenever I stay at my BF's place several times and this was the only thing he had. He said he used this when he had acne issues in high school and loved it (and is the only thing he buys...men...) Anyway, his skin is almost perfect and you can't even tell he had acne as a kid (could also be that he's 24 and not a hormonal teenager)...so I tried the cleanser. I only used a very small amount at first because I was dead scared to use any Neutrogena products after what happened in high school. Anyway, this worked pretty well. I knocked off 2 lipsticks because it can be over-drying sometimes and the smell is not so great. I wouldn't buy this for myself, but I'll use it if it was the only thing available.

I have the pink grapefruit version of this, which I couldn't find on here... Maybe there is but oh well. I actually really like this. It smells sooo good! I enjoy using it so I have become very diligent about washing my face morning and night, so that in and of itself has really helped my skin lol. It doesn't make my face feel "squeaky clean" which is what I like in a face cleanser, so that's why I gave it 4 stars. All in all, I really do like it.

on 10/18/2010 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I'm acne prone so I have to be careful about my cleansers. I used to use expensive cleansers, Bobbi Brown, DDF, Ole Henrikson, Philosophy, etc. But the ingredients are just too much. They all broke me out or left my skin feeling weird, dry, or otherwise blah. I would love to use something all natural but they just don't help keep my skin clear. My dermatologist suggested the classic orange gel Oil Free Acne Wash. I use it a few times a week, but I LOVE this cream cleanser better. I use the Grapefruit version. It smells soooooo good. It really gets my skin clean, with a fresh, deep penentrating feeling. My skin feels so smooth and balance afterwards, not dry or tight. I slather it on and take it off with a warm washcloth. It has helped keep breakouts at bay! My only gripe is that I once got it in my eyes and I almost literally died and went blind (well not literally). So don't get it in your eyes, LOL! Other than that, I love it.

on 10/16/2010 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't actually have any acne so I don't know if it works for that, but I do have sensitive skin that breaks out immediately when there's even a tiny bit of dust or dirt on it. It works for those irritations, for me at least. Unfortunately it dries up my skin a lot in winter, so that's a con.
I'm not sure if I would buy it again or not honestly.

on 8/12/2010 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It really doesn't do anything. Not something I'd recommend for those with acne; although, my mom says it worked on her....Personally, I just don't like Neutrogena products in general. I mean they are gentle but they don't do anything they say they do.

on 8/10/2010 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It worked pretty well on me, but I probably won't re-purchase due to hearing how much better cleansers like Biore are. It got all the dirt off and prevented zits really well, but spit out too much sometimes.

on 8/4/2010 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I am not a fan of this product. The best way to describe this is noxzema in a tube. It changed the texture of my skin (in a bad way) within 1 week of using it. I will no buy this ever again.