April 20, 2014 | 1285 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Ridge Filler

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 10:58:00 AM More reviews by gandydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know I'm in the minority here, but this is on my Never Again list. I used this for several weeks a couple years ago when some ridges developed and while it was fine as a ridge-filler, I noticed my nails yellowing, which had never happened before. This product was the only variable and when I stopped using it, the yellow went away bit by bit. No yellowing problems since, so I'm reaching the logical conclusion that this product was the culprit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

Makes a pretty good white base for sheer polishes, but I don't feel it actually does anything to even the surface of my nails. It does dry lightning fast. This has the ProWide brush. US$8.50 @ enailsupply.com - not worth it for the price, IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by SunnyBono

This base coat smooths the ridges on my nails. I use it on my toes and the nail polish stays on for more than three weeks sometimes! Without chips! Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by bstyle

Today im reviewing all my nail polishes. This did nothing for my nails waste of $$. I love opi but to me this ones a dud.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by RW28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong with this. All these great reviews and my experience has been horrible with this. I've tried it all---making sure moisture/oil is off my nails, applying less coats of nailpolish. No matter what I do, my nail polish peels off in strips when I use this product.

I use OPI polish and Seche Vite on top and it still didn't work. Maybe I'll try out some other ridge fillers, because I really like milky colors and want something opaque like this as a basecoat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2007 7:02:00 AM More reviews by JClarke

I don't really have ridges on my nails but I got this to see if it would help fill out where my nails have split and peeled. I know it's not what it's meant for so I couldn't complain if it didn't work. My nails peel badly, leaving a ragged edge towards the top and a thinner nail after it.
In fact this does the job quite well! I apply the ridge filler all over the nail, but concentrating on the ends where the nail is thinner - so the ridge filler goes on a bit thicker there. It dries remarkably quickly - by the time I have got to the last finger on the second hand, the first hand is dry. It leaves a matte finish.
I apply 2 coats of nail polish after this and finish off with Seche Vite as a topcoat. I can't pretend my nails are left looking 100% smooth and flat, but,compared to what they looked like before , they are not at all bad. I'd buy it again unless I can find something that stops my nails peeling... I have been trying but have yet to find anything that even begins to work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 2:44:00 PM More reviews by niseixtenshi

This really makes my nailpolish last! When paired with Poshe top coat..it really gives a "just out of the nail salon" look! I LOVE this stuff! My HG..where were you all my life? ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2007 3:55:00 PM More reviews by blufunk

Found my HG base coat! This stuff allows polish to 'stick' to my nails. Altho it's milky, it doesn't interfere with the polish color. My only complaint is that it is thickening but a few drops of polish thinner helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2007 6:29:00 PM More reviews by elow

Makes my polish last for over a week without any dents/chips. My polish used to go on streaky, and the light reflected off the ridges making them very visible. With a good buffing and some ridge filler, the end result is smooth, long-lasting color. I also use the opi topcoat every couple of days, definitely worth the money if you don't want to redo your nails as often.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 11:28:00 AM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What am I doing wrong? I don't really like this. yes, it fills in ridges, but it in itself is still gloppy. It also makes sheer nail polishes look too opaque when applied. Also, OPI nail polishes on me without this ridge filler last and last. With the ridge filler, I actually had the entire polish pop off my toe nail like a Lee Press-On nail. That NEVER happens without it. I'm not impressed.