July 25, 2014 | 1519 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avon - Anew Ultimate Eye Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2004 4:53:00 PM More reviews by annie68164

I used the Ultimate Eye cream for about 2 months and applied it religiously morning and night to my just-starting-to-show-fine-lines eye area. (I'm 33) It didn't seem to do anything at all for me. I didn't notice any change whatsoever. No moisturizing either. Now I am on Oil of Olay Total effects 7x face cream and I just apply to my whole face including eye area and so far it seems MUCH better! I've only been using it for a week though so we'll see.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2004 9:03:00 PM More reviews by shob

This is one of the heavy eyecreams i've used, but since i have finelines under my eyes, i needed to use something that would get rid of it.
After applying this cream, my undereye skin was velvety soft to touch but heavy to feel.I didn't feel it as a drag though,this just was slightly on the oilier side. I bought it off ebay for a real cheap price so i don't think this is pricey either. Good cream for the price. Compares to many dept store creams i've tried.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2004 9:39:00 PM More reviews by lilysdoll

This eye cream is way to heavy. It almost feels like tugging to apply it. And on top of that..I saw no difference in the condition under my eyes. You would think it would be and excellent hydrator..nope. The jar is not so nice either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2004 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Blueness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very thick cream, but NOT moisturizing for me at all! It literally disappears and sinks in but my eye area still feeels dry- this stuff is as thick as toothpaste but I have to use a whole hell of a lot of this to feel like I'm getting anything out of it. After patting on a generous amount I went to bed- the next morning my eye area was super tight and dry. No flaking, just dry! However, my circles are less noticeable *when I use this cream*. If I skip an application the circles are back- this stuff doesnt fade the darkness, the intense yellow pigment in the cream neutralizes the blue in the circles. At $22, I'm very unsatisfied in the product as a moisturizing eye cream, but I will continue to use it as a dark circle neutralizer- it beats the heck out of the dark circles "brighteners" out there that seem to think that adding white pigment and shimmer looks anywhere close to natural. In the meantime, I layer Burt's Bees Royal Jelly eyecream over this stuff to get the moisture I need. Oh, and weirdly enough, this stuff burns the hell out of my skin when I apply it anywhere except for under my eyes! I tried some around my mouth and I was stinging like crazy!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2004 10:07:00 PM More reviews by vanillasugardream

I just used a sample, and, usually, with a skin or eye cream, I love it or hate it after the 1st use. Well, I LOVE it. My friend sent me about 15 samples. I will definitely be buying a full size jar. It was like the eye area skin was begging for this stuff. It hydrated the skin, made it smooth, and even though I only have a few very subtle lines, this smoothed those out. Like an instant lift-in-a-jar. I may try the face cream as the member below has mentioned, so long as it is non-comodogenic. I'm early 30's too, and some people still think I'm around 25, so it's good to start early!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2004 8:07:00 PM More reviews by pokeyjomo

I really like this eye cream. It's the only cream I've used that works on firming and brightening the upper eyelid. It's touted for "mature skin". At 34, that's probably not me, but I love the difference it has made in my appearance. Perhaps I'm olfactorily challenged, but I have never noticed the fragrance to be overly strong or unpleasant. I agree that the packaging is poor and wasteful. How do you get that last little bit out of the jar? I'm so impressed with this, I'm considering trying the ultimate face cream also.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2004 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Micello

I've always been a bit sceptical of Avon but after reading the reviews I thought I'd give this a try and got it cheap off trademe (the New Zealand equivalent of ebay). Well, I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. I've only been using it for a week now and there has been a noticeable difference around my eyes already. Lines are plumped up instantly, my eyelids have lost their purplish tinge (from lack of hydration), and my general eye area is definitely looking a lot brighter. I would definitely go easy on this at night though and have limited it to the outer eye area before I go to bed as otherwise I wake up with puff-eye, but still not as bad as I've experienced with other products. My only gripes would be the packaging (I definitely prefer a tube), and the scent (smells a bit like banana lollies and I prefer my skincare unscented). Other than that I would definitely buy again. After using this I also ordered the Anew 10% Serum so will review that as well. Will update this in a few more weeks. ***UPDATE*** I'll probably try something different once I've finished this. I'm feeling as though it's a bit heavy around the eyes. It does help with fine lines and wrinkles (I've been using it on a stubborn frown line and it's getting rid of that nicely) but the heavy consistency feels as though it drags on my skin so will try something a bit lighter next time and see how that goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2004 12:15:00 AM More reviews by jensen2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have only recently received this but so far am very pleased. It is a very rich, emollient cream that sinks right in and doesn't travel from its intended path. A few other reviewers have said that it doesn't spread well-but i find so many eye creams travel so much that it ends up all over your face-i like that this stays in the eye area. So far i am digging the results-i wake up with refreshed looking skin in the eye area with no puffiness, or dark circles. Too soon to tell on the fine lines but a couple of friends have asked what i am using so that is a good sign. UPDATE: I love this stuff-hafe seen a definate improvement in the eye area, lines seem to dissapear upon application. The consistency is a little thick-but the results speak for themselves.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2004 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Jake

I am definitely impressed with this. Haven't been using it a week yet and can already see a difference. Usually when I wake up my eyes are SO puffy and they're not now, at least not compared to how they used to be. I'm anxious to see how they're going to look after more time goes by, I just don't look as tired anymore. This is a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2004 4:40:00 PM More reviews by ebwolk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great eye cream! It has definitely lifted my crepe-y eyelids and firmed the skin under my eyes. I'm 32 yo and I was starting to see fine lines around my eyes. Being a former smoker and no SPF will do this to ya ;-). Anyway. The fine lines have really faded. The cream is a bit thick and is heavily scented but I like the scent and the thick cream does not seem to give me breakouts and it absorbs quickly. Almost like a matte finish. I'll probably use this one at night, as it seems to be making my mascara smear by the end of the day. (Didnít have that issue before using this) I think the price is fine. Considering how much I have spent on La Mer (did nothing!) and Sisley (Worked great but sooo pricey!) I took away one lippie b/c I think it should be packaged differently. I don't like glass bottles in the bathroom and the spatula is a little cumbersome and easily lost. I think it would be more sanitary to offer this eye cream in a tube. If you don't want to spend a fortune on eye cream and want to see results this is a great cream to try. I will definitely buy it again. But a little goes a long way so I don't see me having to buy it for some time.