Clean & Clear blackhead eraser scrub

2.7

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne medication). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax, Steareth 21, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Menthyl Lactate, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Jojoba Esters

on 8/28/2012 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Really, really wanted to like this. I used to have blackheads all over my nose, and I tried this.
PROS:
-Inexpensive
-Leaves my skin soft and hydrated
-Didn't irrate my skin
CONS:
-Didn't help my acne (I know it's not supossed to, but still...)
-Did absolutly NOTHING for my blackheads
-The smell is slightly questionable...I didn't like it. It smelled almost like rubber.
BOTTOM LINE: I would not repurchase because it does not do what it claims to, which is get rid of blackheads.

on 8/12/2012 10:21:00 AM

I use this in the morning when my blackheads stand out on my nose, and it makes them less visible. However, it does not help clear up my acne. I don't notice this doing anything to my acne. The beads don't seem like they are doing any help at all. It leaves my skin moisturized after using it but it doesn't do much. I'm just going to use up the rest of the bottle but I will not repurchase.

on 7/15/2012 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I want to like this product. When i first started using it i loved it, made my skin soft and hydrated, and since i have a few blackheads on my chin area i thought i worked nicely. But after the second or third day it started making my face really oily and over moisturized and my few acne spots were really starting to stand out. i think this may work okay for a person who has dry skin and is in need for a moisturizing exfoliant because it does exfoilate rather nicely, just VERY hydrating.since my skin is on the oily/ combination side i wasnt for me.

on 5/24/2012 7:43:00 PM

I used this product for one night and I have mixed feelings about it. It made my face really soft and nice feeling and my blackhead became lighter. After, using it, I decided to use my Freeman Peel Off Mask and my face felt really great. However, when i woke up, my face felt a little oilier than usual. I would continue using this product until I it is gone, however I would not repurchase it.

on 3/16/2012 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had used this a little over a year ago and it worked but made my skin too dry, then my face would become oily after a while, so I stopped using it. This product was pretty good and after a month or so my blackheads really cleared up along with the white heads. If I had used a moisturiser (the one I use now is Olay moisturiser for oily/combination skin with SPF 15 and vitamin B GREAT!!) with it I think it would have worked much better, so I think I'll go back to it now since my blackheads have decided to have a party on my nose. Overall great product with some patience and moisturiser, I would go back to it.

on 3/13/2012 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this product everyday on my nose for my blackheads. At first I didn't notice that it did anything but after I stopped using it for a while I realize that it helps reduce my blackheads a bit. It doesn't make a huge difference but I am able to notice a little.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was fooled by the words "blackhead" and "oil-free" on the bottle - this was supposed to be a scrub and not only a cleanser. And unfortunately that's all it is.
I thought, as it was gentle enough that could be used daily, that it would be quick and effective to clean my pores but that didn't happen at all. I have no idea why do they even bother putting those little blue spheres in the formula - the only thing they are good for is for making you spend your time massaging your skin for absolutely nothing. Time is money (almost literally!) these days; needless to say how frustrating it was, week after week, to check that the clogged pores remained untouched. I won't ever repurchase it.

on 2/23/2012 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Only okay. Doesn't clear acne much, but makes my face somewhat smooth.

on 2/11/2012 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This works pretty good. Def have seen a reduction in my black/white heads. I haven't had but only 2 small ones this week when it used to be my face covered with at least 4-5 noticeable ones! However, I don't use this product alone. I wash my face with an Ambi cleansing bar at night, then I wash with this scrub, followed by a moisturizer. I then wash in the mornings with the cleansing bar again.

This scrub is okay. I used it every few days to remove any drying off skin. Honestly, its too gentle for me and doesn't do much [I love scrubs from StIves] but will keep it until the tube is over. Its gentle and can probably be used everyday. Would I repurchase? Not really. Its nothing too great.
Check out my reviews on other face products and let me know if this review was helpful or not. :)

Popular Scrubs