July 30, 2014 | 1850 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kiehl's - Creme de Corps

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by ebonykeys

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best body lotion I've ever used! I have really dry skin and the weather in the UK especially during winter doesn't help at all. I've tried other lotion and creams e.g. E45, Aveeno and Vaseline but they didn't really help much. This lotion absorbs really well into the skin, doesn't leave the skin too oily or slippery and the smell isn't too strong at all. Most of all, it works! It is quite expensive but a little goes a long way! Another HG product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Selly03

I have been using this product for over a month now and must admit I am a little disappointed. I had read fantastic reviews and was expecting really good results.

Don't get me wrong, it is a really good moisturiser. Its not too thick, it feels wonderful on the skin and it's not strongly scented which is good because I wear perfume. I use it all over my body and most of my skin is feeling great. However, the area of my body I really wanted to see a difference, which was my horribly, forever dry legs, did not improve.

I have had better results with moisturisers bought for under $10. I like the feel and texture of the moisturiser, but considering the the results and cost, I would not buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh dear, Carrie Bradshaw, I cannot help but wonder what have you done?

I am joking of course but to me this body lotion will be forever associated with SATC series and as a favourite body product of aspiring socialites slash fashion girls. As I am neither I have obtained it via a deluxe sample at Kiehls. (Though I should have walked away PRONTO when I spotted the sales assistant, all alone in the shop squeezing a spot on her cheek behind the counter but nope, I went straight into a lions den and bought what I was after (a review to come) and got some deluxe samples. Kiehls are lovely with samples, maybe that is why I like the brand (and because I associate them with that charme newyorkaise irresistible?) despite what their sales associates do when noone's around.).

I am actually shocked how mediocre that product is. Two decades ago it might have been in a luxe avant-garde but nowadays a simple Neutrogena or even Garnier body balm beats it for a fraction of the price.

There is not any detectable fragrance, consistency is medium-thick but spreadable. I have used my sample on my decoltee + neck + elbows area but I have not noticed a significant difference in the quality of my skin to justify forking out that amount of money for it. The fashion girls must be getting it in the freebies or their boyfriends are buying it for them but I would not be willing to spend my own hard earned cash on it.

The ingredients list is not impressive either (Squalen and Glycerine with tiny bits of various oils and shea butter) but what baffles me is that my skin feels dry and parched half an hour after application.

It is better to get a 10 x cheaper Neutrogena, Nivea or Garnier and spent money saved over time on Kiehls Creme de Corps on some shoes.

That is what what would Carrie do.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by sweetsweetchristine

I didn't have a very good impression with this body lotion when I was trying out the sample given to me with other purchases. I have just recently moved to the states and was desperate for body lotion for my very very very dry skin (I blame the US weather!) as I didn't bring any of my body care stuffs with me so I went to my all time favourite Kiehl's hoping to have something until I find something better. The consistency of this body lotion is rather runny cream and it feels quite rich right after you apply it on the skin. But it will be completely absorbed a few minutes after application and leave the skin not oily. The fragrance is light so it wouldn't be a problem if you are wearing perfume on top. I didn't feel anything for the first couple of days using this body lotion but after continuous application for a week I start seeing a different on my skin. My skin definitely feels more hydrated, nourished and soft. Also, the flaky skin on my legs had also disappeared! I have a feeling the moisturising power of this body lotion needs to be built up so you probably won't see instant effect but you can definitely spot a gradual improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by lovelyKk

I don't think I can add anything that hasn't already been said. This is by far my favorite lotion! I buy the huge 1 liter bottle with the pump, first because I use this lotion at least once a day all over, and second because I hate the small bottles with no pump. If you use it right out of the shower after a short towel dry it soaks in so quickly and feels amazing! If I am in a hurry during the day I use a different lotion because this is on the heavier side, but this one is perfect for right before bed. I know a lot of people complain about the price, and I would love if it cost less... But the price does not deter me at all, I will continue to buy this lotion without a second thought!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by maryttan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely dry, flaky skin that itches and is sometimes prone to sensitivity. I've tried tons of different body lotions from drugstores such as Nivea, Jergens, etc. and eventually was introduced to Kiehls.

I bought the smallest size to test it out (plus the full size bottle is quite pricey!). I apply this lotion at night, right after a shower and before I go to bed. It has a very mild scent and a creamy texture which is great for spreading and means that you don't have to use a lot, but it does take a while to absorb into skin if I have overapplied.

By the next morning, I can feel the difference in my skin - soft, smooth and definitely not itchy or flaky at all. In fact, I find that one application per evening is enough for the entire day so this bottle will last ages! I have been using it for about 3 weeks and no complaints so far. I think this will continue to be my HG until I find something more affordable.

P.S The only downside is that I don't like the packaging - I would prefer if it came in a pump bottle so I didn't have to get the whole bottle greasy with lotion every time I grab it. But that's just me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by kngfrank

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a deluxe sample of this hand cream and it is wonderful. My toddler had extremely dry, chapped hands from playing outside in a sandbox for about 30 minutes on a chilly day. This stuff repaired his skin very quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just purchased my second bottle (16 oz?). The first bottle lasted almost a year and both my husband and I use it. I love that it is sans fragrance. It works very well, absorbs, and is not greasy. A little goes a long way. I have very sensitive skin and am allergic to practically everything and I have no issues with this. Will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by carotan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was very confidently encouraged to buy this product by the guy at Kiehl's when I complained to him about my super-dry skin thanks to being too long out in the sun. I was doubtful since it smelled bland and felt light on the back of my hand. Thank goodness I changed my mind and went with his recommendation. After 1 week faithfully using it twice a day, my skin is now soft, smooth, and even has a slight sheen to it! It is a bit oily but after 30 mins, it sinks in and leaves no stickiness or smell so it won't interfere with my perfume. Love it and will go for the big pump bottle next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by lovenall

My HG Body Cream. Very effective, non-greasy, and non-scented. I skin became extremely dry after a week of staying at a hotel room and being on airplanes. It was itchy and even cracking in some areas - like my legs for example. I tried tons of body oil and cetaphil body lotion. But while it was staying on my skin with a uncomfortable stickiness and residual feelings, it was still very dry. This solved the problem. Healed up the dryness in three days, and made my skin softer. Although it is heavy duty, it doesn't feel greasy at all. When I take shower after applying this lotion, I can feel the lotion coming off, so it does provide a barrier that lasts on the skin. I have several bottles of this - one for travel, one or my bag and one in my bathroom. Will purchase this over and over again. Oh, one tip: I spray perfumes after pumping out the lotion when I go out or so. It acts like scented body lotion but way more hydrating!