October 31, 2014 | 1381 users online

Hair Color - Manic Panic - Temporary Hair dye

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by bethanybusbee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love the color but it stains your soul!! how can i use it and have it not stain? i used rockabilly blue. do the other colors stain as well?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by canceroustraguses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me go over all the Manic Panic I have used. Besides the other reviews on the website
Atomic Turquoise-I can't give a good review, but on dark blonde hair, it comes out dark green. It fades to a *terrible* color. If your hair is white, then I assume it will be very turquoise but after 2 or 3 washes, the color will be disgusting.
Hot Hot Pink-
VERY beautiful pink!
Perfect hot pink colour. It fades to orange. I recommend
Pillarbox Red-
I hated this color. 1/10 rating. I recommend Vampire Red over this any day.
Shocking Blue
Oh man, I give this blue a twenty out of ten rating. I have used countless different blues and this one was just perfect. It lasts, it's *very* bright, it even FADES to a pretty color, that's a miracle with blue hair dyes! If you mix it with conditioner, it's a lovely lavender baby blue. (which is in my hair now) Shocking blue is my 1# blue recommendation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by DamnSatyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

MP is 'ok' as far as temporary dyes go - I've been coloring my hair with 'abstract' dyes for over 10 years, and have tried many different brands over that period of time. My go-to color is MP's 'Hot Hot Pink', and I always get comments on it. The biggest downside is that Manic Panic fades far, far faster than some other brands - especially if you wash your hair more than 3 times a week as I do.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Sanchaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

for a semi permanent hair color this stuff is amazing! Idk what people expect out of semi permanent color or what they even know about it; but you're going to get rub off and you're going to get fading, because manic panic doesn't obsorbe fully into your hair. I change my hair color every month and thanks to manic panic dyes my hair is still healthy :) rockabilly blue does seem to have a weird rub off, but try a hair mask with argan oil, Worked pretty well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by HiCat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Bought infra red. Love the colour on my virgin light brown hair. Looks kind of like a ruby colour. Incredibly vibrant at start. Just as it says it is temporary and does fade but I don't mind.

Easy to apply with a brush, gloves and faux Vaseline. Love that I don't have to mix anything. Can get messy when you wash it out, my water did not go clear. Used SOS pads to clean the tub and took the stains off like a charm.

It's about an average price considering I can probably get two usages for shoulder length hair, definitely cheaper than the salon. This colour does bleed, but I find it beautiful and was glad to find a vegan product which is my main reason for choosing the brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Ecstacy001

Rockabilly Blue

So I decided to go blue & came across Manic panic's Rockabilly Blue. The sales rep at Sally's said it was a new color so I decided to give it a go since I've tried Manic Panics Rock n Roll red & never had any problems with it. BIGGEST mistake!!! I followed the directions. Bleached before putting the color in and washed my hair out with cold water, but was completely mortified when I realized it had stained my neck, forehead, & hands!! It's been 3 days & I can't even touch my hair without my hands turning blue! It rubbs off on everything! Not to mention when I wake up there's a giant blue mess all over my pillow! I've washed it numerous times and it's still rubbing off on everything. Not worth the money! I don't recommend this product to anyone unless you want to end up looking like a blue avatar!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by xstaylor30x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

HORRIBLE. I wish I could give it a zero. I've been dying my hair with regular box dye for 15 years, always black. I decided I wanted bright blue hair, so I bleached my hair first, no problem there, then I bought manic panic rockabilly blue. Big problems. I followed the instructions. When I rinsed with cold water, it stained EVERYTHING blue. My tub, tiles, face, skin, I had to scrub my whole bathroom with bleach, and scrub my whole body with nail polish remover and rubbing alcohol. It took 3 hours to clean up. I dried it completely, it still bled all over my hands just running my hands through it, so I had to scrub my hands again with nail polish remover and rubbing alcohol. Next morning, my husband helped me scrub my hair for 30 minutes straight to get this shit out, made another mess of course, had to scrub everything again, dried my completely, and STILL BLEEDING. I have a blue neck, face, ears, hands, it's so embarrassing. I keep scrubbing the blue off my skin, and it just comes right back. And my hair turned out black anyways, it's not even blue. Such a waste of time and money, I will NEVER use this product again. Like I said, been dying my hair for 15 years, first time I use manic panic brand, it was a disaster. Save your money. I would recommend splat for crazy color, it's cheaper, it actually works, it doesn't make a huge mess like this crap. Stay away unless you like cleaning or want a different skin color.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by tampoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm not sure why Manic Panic gets such a bad reputation. It's been a week since I've dyed my hair with Pillarbox Red and I've had pretty good luck so far.

The dye went on easy with little mess and little fuss. My skin and clothing did not stain, and after about 30 minutes, the dye completely dried in my hair. There was absolutely no bleeding, in fact I probably could have left my hair unwrapped and wouldn't have to worry about staining my bedding. In the morning my hair rinsed clean and very little bled out while washing. Afterwards, my hair was super soft and smelled great from the dye, which surprised me since it didn't smell too great while applying. So far the colour has held up nicely through excessive sweating, heat and blazing sunshine (in the middle of a heatwave right now). While I would definitely use Manic Panic again, I might not use this shade of red again since it looked a bit ruddy on me. The only other downside would be that a small 118ml tub costs about $17 CAD at my local drugstore, so I would have to ration it out carefully.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by GrandeGal25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I dyed my hair with Rock N Roll Red and it turned out really well. I needed 2 jars to cover all of my hair qnd that made it pretty expensive. The dye BLEEDS LIKE CRAZY when wet. It washed off my hands with just 1 wash so that was good. The packaging was good beside the fact that dye kind of flies everywhere if you don't open it carefully. Overall I loved it. The color was vibrant and fun and I would deffinately buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by TiffanyDior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product color always comes ot super bright from my experiences but seems to fade after a week or so. It also seems to leave hair in a better condition than was before.