April 19, 2014 | 1860 users online

Hair Color - Manic Panic - Temporary Hair dye

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Ecstacy001

Rockabilly Blue

So I decided to go blue & came across Manic panic's Rockabilly Blue. The sales rep at Sally's said it was a new color so I decided to give it a go since I've tried Manic Panics Rock n Roll red & never had any problems with it. BIGGEST mistake!!! I followed the directions. Bleached before putting the color in and washed my hair out with cold water, but was completely mortified when I realized it had stained my neck, forehead, & hands!! It's been 3 days & I can't even touch my hair without my hands turning blue! It rubbs off on everything! Not to mention when I wake up there's a giant blue mess all over my pillow! I've washed it numerous times and it's still rubbing off on everything. Not worth the money! I don't recommend this product to anyone unless you want to end up looking like a blue avatar!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by xstaylor30x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

HORRIBLE. I wish I could give it a zero. I've been dying my hair with regular box dye for 15 years, always black. I decided I wanted bright blue hair, so I bleached my hair first, no problem there, then I bought manic panic rockabilly blue. Big problems. I followed the instructions. When I rinsed with cold water, it stained EVERYTHING blue. My tub, tiles, face, skin, I had to scrub my whole bathroom with bleach, and scrub my whole body with nail polish remover and rubbing alcohol. It took 3 hours to clean up. I dried it completely, it still bled all over my hands just running my hands through it, so I had to scrub my hands again with nail polish remover and rubbing alcohol. Next morning, my husband helped me scrub my hair for 30 minutes straight to get this shit out, made another mess of course, had to scrub everything again, dried my completely, and STILL BLEEDING. I have a blue neck, face, ears, hands, it's so embarrassing. I keep scrubbing the blue off my skin, and it just comes right back. And my hair turned out black anyways, it's not even blue. Such a waste of time and money, I will NEVER use this product again. Like I said, been dying my hair for 15 years, first time I use manic panic brand, it was a disaster. Save your money. I would recommend splat for crazy color, it's cheaper, it actually works, it doesn't make a huge mess like this crap. Stay away unless you like cleaning or want a different skin color.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by tampoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm not sure why Manic Panic gets such a bad reputation. It's been a week since I've dyed my hair with Pillarbox Red and I've had pretty good luck so far.

The dye went on easy with little mess and little fuss. My skin and clothing did not stain, and after about 30 minutes, the dye completely dried in my hair. There was absolutely no bleeding, in fact I probably could have left my hair unwrapped and wouldn't have to worry about staining my bedding. In the morning my hair rinsed clean and very little bled out while washing. Afterwards, my hair was super soft and smelled great from the dye, which surprised me since it didn't smell too great while applying. So far the colour has held up nicely through excessive sweating, heat and blazing sunshine (in the middle of a heatwave right now). While I would definitely use Manic Panic again, I might not use this shade of red again since it looked a bit ruddy on me. The only other downside would be that a small 118ml tub costs about $17 CAD at my local drugstore, so I would have to ration it out carefully.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by GrandeGal25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I dyed my hair with Rock N Roll Red and it turned out really well. I needed 2 jars to cover all of my hair qnd that made it pretty expensive. The dye BLEEDS LIKE CRAZY when wet. It washed off my hands with just 1 wash so that was good. The packaging was good beside the fact that dye kind of flies everywhere if you don't open it carefully. Overall I loved it. The color was vibrant and fun and I would deffinately buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by TiffanyDior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product color always comes ot super bright from my experiences but seems to fade after a week or so. It also seems to leave hair in a better condition than was before.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by austinssister

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these! I have a variety of colors but they are all very pretty. I just tried Ions new Color Brilliance Brights and it was nothing compared to this stuff. Its worth the buy! Oh and the darker colors are great for natural hair

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Rocket37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a review of a variety of colors from Manic Panic.

After Midnight Blue - This color is very dark blue, it fades out slowly into a medium blue & 'bleeds' a bit. Looks great on longer hair styles.

Atomic Turquoise - My favorite hair color by a long shot, it looks great on warm, cool & neutral skin tones. It lasts a couple months & fades into a lite turquoise/teal which is also very flattering. This color bleeds the least of all Manic Panic colors.

Bad Boy Blue - I really cute vibrant/pastel color that looks so good on tan skin colors. Looks nice on long and short hair styles. Reminds me of 'My Little Pony.' Doesn't have a bleeding issue.

Cotton Candy Pink - A very lite pink that fades quite quickly, if you want it in for a while make sure to grab two containers especially if you have long, porous hair. Looks nice on anyone & hardly bleeds.

Electric Banana - What a fun color! People will see you a mile away, for real. It's SO intense. It fades, but because it is so vibrant it seems to only get brighter and brighter. This color does however bleed & it will color your shirts color. Looks great on tan & darker skin, or a really brave fair skinned individual.

Electric Lizard - Very vibrant, not as vibrant as Electric Banana. But, pretty close. It's a bold neon green & looks great on shaggy hair cuts.

Enchanted Forest - A solid matte dark green. Fades into a medium green & looks great with a banged haircut.

Hot Hot Pink - A darker neon pink, it bleeds a bit. To brighten it up mix in half a jar of Cotton Candy Pink. Looks great on all hair types & skin colors.

Pillar Box Red - It is what it says it is. One of the stronger reds from Manic Panic. Like most reds, they tend to fade & lose their boldness quickly. Looks nice on tanned or darker skin and any hair style.

Purple Haze - Fades to fast for my liking. It's a basic purple, not very vibrant. It might stick better to hair with a bit more texture, it's still fun though.

Raven - I would NEVER recommend this color. People argue about the true 'base' of this color. Some say it's purple, others say it's green... I used this and it faded out within a week to a nasty goose-dookie green.

Red Passion - My favorite red. This red is a pinkish red, it's vibrant but, not as neon as other Manic Panic colors. It bleeds very lightly & looks great on any complexion and hair style/length.

Shocking Blue - This blue bleeds, it's a nice color for short hair colors, but if you have longer hair or bangs it will mark your neck & forehead. Other than that it's very bold when it is first applied, within a few days though it will start to wash out and get brighter the longer it's in.

Ultra Violet - This is a tricky color to get right. Many people are upset because, they don't realize Violet isn't just purple, Violet contains blue. If you have dark hair I do not suggest lightening your hair to put this color in, your hair will have to much yellow & turn more pink than Violet. Your hair MUST be white & very porous. This color does fade fast, so another one you will want to pick up a couple jars on. But, it's a very nice color & looks great on edgy hair styles for any skin color.

Vampire Red - This color BLEEDS. It's the worst color by Manic Panic as far as bleeding. It will stain your bath/shower if you don't bleach the bath after you use it. This color however, does last despite how much it bleeds. It fades into a bold neon red.

Wildfire - An orange/red. It is very bright & lasts quite some time. It would looks great on anyone.

These are the Manic Panic colors I have used multiple times on my hair. As far as Manic Panic 'Amplified' - It's really no different as far as how long it lasts.

I also not only bleach my hair before use, but use white hair color with a matching ( or close ) base to the color I am trying to achieve.

Make sure to always use gloves when applying & it doesn't hurt to leave it on till' it's starting to dry. Always use color safe shampoo & conditioners when washing hair that is treated with semi & demi permanent hair colors.

You can also rinse your hair with clear vinegar when washing out Manic Panic, to intensify the color and 'lock' the pigment in further.

Manic Panic is not tested on animals & vegan.

Some Manic Panic colors glow under UV lite.

Have fun coloring your hair & hope this helped.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by finished10dnails

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

SHOCKING BLUE. It is an amazing blue color! It lasts the deep blue shade on my bleached hair for about a week or so (I shampoo every day) and then slowly fades to a turquoise color. I like that it is a thick creamy dye that leaves my hair shiny and soft.

Keep in mind that Manic Panic is a temporary dye that must be applied to light colored or bleached hair. It will fade with each shampoo. When I get dye on my hands, face, countertop, etc., rubbing alcohol will clean it up. I've never had it stain my clothing, but I wash my clothes and towels right after a dye job.

I've been using this for 20 years for small sections of my hair. In order to get the best color out of Shocking Blue, I dip a dye brush in to the dye container, brush the dye on, comb through my hair until the dye is slightly frothy, and then let the dye soak in for about 15 minutes. If I have time, I put on a plastic hair cap and leave the dye in for several hours. If I don't have time, I put on a plastic hair cap and run the hair dryer over my head for 15 to 20 minutes.

I've tried other blue and green colors by Manic Panic and have had just as much success. I just like Shocking Blue best!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by lacysilk29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really liked this hair dye. I wasn't super thorough with the application, just rubber gloves in the shower and combed it through my hair. I left the raven (black) hair color on my unbleached hair for a couple hours and was amazed with the results. I chose this product because it is actually good for my hair and I wanted a temporary color. I expect it to fade soon and I want it to. If the desired result is a permanent hair color this is not it. I don't know what everyone else did but the hair color definitely didn't stain my shower or pillows/sheets. The stains that were in my shower lifted easily with just water. My hair felt very conditioned and nice afterwards. I would recommend this product for anyone seeking a temporary color.
UPDATE:So after a few washes it definitely faded and bled in my shower. This to me was not problem since I was realistic with the effects of the product. I knew it would not last forever. It never stained my shower. If it got on my skin I could just wipe it off with water. I don't understand other people on here sometimes lol

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by xoxRoyalxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

SHOCKING BLUE

I bought the amplified version, and I can tell you that I do not recommend it. I don't know if it's just me, but I bleached my hair 4 times.(my hair is dark brown), and then used Manic Panic virgin snow toner. It came out pretty light blonde. However, when I applied it, it turned out TURQUOISE instead of the true blue I wanted. Will not repurchase, I'm going to use Raw's instead.

Update:It actually turned out pretty well, and not at all the result I expected. Although it has a slight green tone to it, I think it's a very nice blue color. Only complaint is that it fades into a very very light sea-foam green color.