MAC #213 Fluff Brush

4.4

on 1/11/2009 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is great for blending and even good to pack on eyeshadow on your lid. It's pretty multi-purpose and it's great for the price. I use this brush every single time I apply eye shadow. It sort of scratches me though so it's uncomfortable when I use it for blending. At first I didn't have this issue when I first started using it. But I think it's just my brush since it was one of my first brushes ever. I am definitely going to buy another one!

on 7/8/2008 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like this for packing on the colors, especially bright, rich colors so they show more vibrantly. It's great for those days you don't want your shadow up so high. This is perfect for those with smaller eyelids.

on 6/22/2008 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I also use my 213 whenever I wear eyeshadow but I've found myself lately reaching for my $1 elf brush just as much if not more. So this one while I love it....I do believe there are cheaper brushes that could rival this one.

I had my shader brush for about 2 years and it is still in great condition. I usually wash my brushes once a week to take good care of them. This #213 is one of my favorite brushes because it is versatile! It can be used for my crease, if I wanted to add a dramatic color. It can also be used to contour my nose. Also a great blending brush!

on 6/20/2008 1:05:00 PM

This is the first MAC brush I bought, and I really like it. It's a great all-around shadow brush. It is nice and soft and great for applying natural looking sweeps of color. When I want more saturated color, I use my MAC 239 brush, which is a bit stiffer and seems to pick up and deposit more color.

on 6/1/2008 11:05:00 AM

a great all-rounder brush i find. just the right size. good for all over the lid/crease/highlighter. not sure if i really need to get the 217 and 239 i've been thinking about for a while.

MAC brushes are SOOOO expensive here in Oz!

on 5/14/2008 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my favorite basic eyeshadow brush, I used it for lid, crease, brow and inner corner highlighting, blending...Ive even lined and smudged with it. It is the brush that I always use, that always come with my when I travel, the brush that I reccomend to anyone who wants to try nice eyesahdow brushes. The hair feels so soft and nice after all the time I have had it and its very reasonably priced. The logo and number have rubbed off but I guess that can be expected as I literally use this every day. Staple brush.

on 4/26/2008 6:05:00 PM

Ok this is my favorite e/s brush ever!! I love it! I have like 2-3 of the SE brushes from different palettes and I use one of them every time I do my eye makeup. The bristles are sooooo soft and they spread color across my lid amazing and they blend amazing! I could seriously apply my whole eye with just this brush if I needed to. (Ok well this w/ the 224 is a dream!)
One day I will get a regular sized one but my 213SEs have been working so great I don't know when I will actually need one. this is by far my HG brush

on 4/13/2008 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The #213 is a basic eye shadow brush that everyone should have. It's good for applying product and blending. I use it with MAC's other, more specialized brushes, like the #231 and the #219 to create different, more creative looks. But if I'm pressed for time, the #213 works well on it's own. It's a staple in my brush collection that I'll repurchase when the time comes.

on 2/20/2008 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My FIRST mac brush! ( which forced me to go out and get MORE brushes!)

very versatile great brush. If you can only get ONE eyeshadow brush this would be it!

VEry soft, and hence it takes a bit for it to give you dense colour.but it is capable of doing washes which you can build up to get dramatic colour.

HAs not shed a hair! Holds up to my many washings with shampoo!
dries fast! AWESOME but.. pricy .. save up ! its worth it.

Use only with powers and pigments...
EDIT: july 14 2008
I decided after getting more mac brushes, that i dont really use it. Its good for basic washes , but thats it. i hardly use it anymore :( im putting it up for swap. Only get this f you only like sheer/basic application. If you could only get one or two mc eye brushes. I suggest the 239 and the 217 :)