MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush

4.4

on 11/29/2012 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Whereas I personally do not "love" this brush as a blender for shadow I DO love it for my concealer! I use Select Cover Up and Prolongwear under my eyes, depending on the day, and I use this brush to blend out either one. Instead of giving a cakey, heavy made up appearance this gives an airbrush look. Just put a lil concealer on the back of you hand take the brush and pick up the product. I start on the inner corner doing small, circular motions until the product is completely is completely blended out. This does for your concealer what a 130 would do for your foudation. If you use any sort of heavy coverage concealer you NEED to get this brush to avoid a cakey look but still get the great coverage you desire. I like how gentle it is for my undereye area too....no pulling or tugging upon application! Sometimes when Im feeling super fancy I use it to apply eyecream and it gives a nice soothing effect. Great change to a standard, flat concealer brush, and def worth trying yourself if you haven't yet.

on 11/28/2012 11:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this brush! I can't do my eye shadow without now : )

Just makes blending out a dream, making my eye shadow application a no-stress job. LOVE and highly recommend!

on 11/25/2012 9:51:00 PM

Part of my makeup kit! Love this brush!

on 11/24/2012 11:53:00 AM

I need this type of brush model maybe MAC 168. For expert application of cheek contour. This brush is a large angled contour - the fibres form a buffed edge and are soft and firmly bundled. MAC professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules. macbrushset.com write this about model 168

I use it for blending eye shadow. Works well for me! (I use the 239 for application.)

on 10/22/2012 5:49:00 PM

I own pretty much all the MAC brushes and I must say that this brush gets the least use out of all of them. Wish I would have spent the $30 on something else. The brush sheds and it is incredibly scratchy on my eyelids. It doesn't blend well nor does it apply color to the crease to my liking. I MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer the 217 to this brush. Save your money.

Edit: I discovered this brush is great for applying under eye concealer, so it's not a total failure... but I'm sure there are cheaper brushes that would work just as well. Not to mention, when you use it for this the brush does shed, and it's pretty annoying trying to get the shed brush hair out of your concealer.

on 9/17/2012 9:03:00 AM

A 5 for face product blending, a 3 for eye makeup blending. I have monolid creaseless Asian eyes and prefer smaller brushes like the 239 or the MUFE 17S on my lids. The 224 was too soft and splayed too much, overblending shadows beyond where I wanted, since my lidspace is so limited, lol! But for concealer blending, this is a GREAT brush. Soft enough to use anywhere on your face (no scratchiness here) and blends base products smoothly and invisibly. A good brush for my collection overall.

on 9/1/2012 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a versatile brush. I used it first as a Blending Brush for eyeshadows, which it was originally meant to do, but then I discovered Nars blending brush 13 which is way better in shape, size, quality and softness. But this one did not go to waste. This is a good brush and I use it now for application and blending my concealer on my under eyes, redness and blemishes (which gives the best and most natural coverage), dusting powder to seal the concealer where I placed it, applying bronzer on my inner brow bone to the sides of my nose for contouring and removing flakes of mascara or droppings of eyeshadow on my face. So I love it.

on 8/26/2012 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I hated this brush at first because the first day I used this brush it shedded. Over time it did stop. I like this for blending my concealer. This is my first and last MAC brush because I feel like I could've gotten a brush like this for less than $30 that doesn't shed. But at least I can say I tried it. To each its own. Over all this is a good brush though

This is another winning brush from MAC. I was recommended this brush over the 217 for blending by one of their SAs..so glad I listened to her and didn't just get the 217 like I planned. This blends like a dreammmm! Any color, even if it's difficult to work with can be easily blended out with this baby. I have rather small lid space but bigger eyes and this brush is easy to handle around my small lid area. It never strays to places I don't want it to and it's very easy to control. I like that the bristles are natural and I've never had any shedding. It can be a bit scratchy, but I'll definitely take that with how great this blends. Awesome awesome brush, makes such a difference in my eye makeup. Everything is just blended so subtly and never gets muddy looking or too toned down.