November 29, 2014 | 1001 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Honey Lust

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by srcswll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i absolutely love this eyeshadow! this was the first thing i ever bought from mac! i initially saw someone else wearing this color on her lids, and she recommended at that time to use just a dab of baby oil on the eyelids before applying this color. over the years, ive also found that using a tiny bit of vaseline on the lids works well too. just remember, a little goes a long way, and to rub in the vaseline/baby oil before putting on the eyeshadow! if you use too much of either, youre going to end up with a crease. the shadow just needs something to adhere to, and vaseline/baby oil does the trick!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

This is a fleshy/goldy lustre eyeshadow with small glitter partickles. That says it all; it goes on sheer, kind of chunky, with a bit of fallout. It's almost impossible to build up and there's no question about blending since what you really apply on the lid is not so much of an eyeshadow, but more of a golden/flesh-toned glitter. BUT, on the pro side, you can turn all these drawbacks into advantages and make them work for your benefit: After a lot of experimentation, I've only come to use it for two specific purposes: 1) Packing it on with a dense shader brush as an all-over lid color, contouring the crease with a mid-toned brown and elongating the eye with a dark brown, and finally applying something bronze or blue in the waterline. This look is stunning for summer on slightly more tan skin (aka NC/NW35 onwards), because otherwise I find it too warm and orangey for pale winter skin. 2) Adding a bit of fleshy glitter to any smoky look, or toning down the color while sparkling it up. Say you have a soft matte black smoky eye that you want to make a little more interesting, without adding more darkness to it; if you sweep this on over your smoky, it will slightly sheer up the appearance of the black while giving it a lovely sparkle. This also works if you've gone too green/too blue/too purple on your smoky eyes and you need to bring back a little fleshy essence to the look along with a bit of sparkle. Recommended for those two purposes.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by sugarbombed

Yes, there is a bit of fallout, but not nearly as much as people say there is. I love the color of this eyeshadow, and find that if I use a primer underneath, the eyeshadow stays much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by LovelyStars

this colour looks very pretty when I swatched it over the counter. however like many reviewers had already mentioned, the fallouts are just too many for me to handle. the colour is really pretty and it brightens up my look and all. I like the shimmer and glitter in it too.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by glitteri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like how Honey Lust looks on me. It brightens up my eyes. I apply it wet to reduce fall out. That's the only thing I don't like about this eye shadow because it is harder to apply.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For a while I didn't like Honey Lust at all since it is a lustre with a lot of fall out issues. Right now I love it since it is the only e/s in my collection that is remotely true golden in color. It's stunning all over the lid (if I get it to stick, that is) paired with a grey or black liner. All those annoying lustre pieces that tend to fall on my cheeks turn into lovely golden specks on my lids and make my eyes sparkle in a subtle way. Ever since I found this combination Honey Lust has earned a few points in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by meganterese

I have been using this color for years, it goes great with my green eyes. I wear it alone or under a brown or bronze eyeshadow. The only thing I don't like is the fallout that gets on my cheeks. When I wear this color, I hold a tissue against my cheek when I apply this. But in my opinion, the fabulous color and shimmer is worth the extra effort!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by captainflamingo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love golds and bronzes and it is not an exaggeration to say that half of my makeup collection is dedicated to the shimmery neutral colors. I know how much love this product gets and it seemed like the perfect golden bronze so I was very excited to try it. My expectations were not met. The product was chunky. It did not blend well, the fallout got everywhere and the color was rather translucent. I've seen way better drugstore shadows. MAC really disappointed me with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Kipper8588

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

BEAUTIFUL shimmery, but not glittery metallic tan e/s I have ever come across :) I LOVE it :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with the other reviewers on this product. It looks superb in the pan however the colour pay off is not great (even with a super primer) & the glitter falls everywhere. I have experimented with it tho & come to the conclusion that you really have to do your eye make up before you do your face using this product & pat the product on little by little. Use fix+ spray for help, you will eventually get it applying well & when you do it looks amazing but for me, its too much effort most of the time! I dont think Id purchase this product again.