October 31, 2014 | 1401 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Gleam

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by babymwamwa

This product is... okay. I mean, the color is really great but I definitely agree that because it is a lustre the application is messy and annoying. There is quite a bit of chunkiness and using a brush is quite tricky. But, once you have the color applied on the lid it is quite gorgeous and the hint of pink tones in it really is beautiful.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Leopard_Print_Girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is my most hated eyeshadow. It's the only one I can put on and instantly look sick. It doesn't matter what I pair it with or where I put it. It barely shows up on me, but there's just enough color there to make me look ill. It's also a chunky mess, so my eye's all red now.

It reminds me of a less pigmented, chunkier version of Melon pigment, which I *do* like, oddly enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was the first MAC e/s I ever bought. I like to use it as a highlight or as a lid colour. Really gorgeous colour with not as much fallout as other Lustre eyeshadows.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by puppyluv2620

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i so wanted to love this e/s. the past 3 times i have been at mac it has caught my eye so the last time i was there i finally gave in and just purchased it. the first red flag should have been the fact it is a lustre. i hate those, but it looks so good in the pan (like a peachy pink with some gold). so i went home and tried to apply it a million different ways. i used every base i own and nothing worked. rubenesque paint pot was the best base because they are really close to being the same color but even that was still awful. its chunky glittery, way too much fall out, and not pigmented at all. even if you try to pack it on all you get is fall out. its not the worst e/s i have ever seen but its close and i'm disapointed because like i said it looks so pretty in the pot but it is all kinds of frustrating to work with and the results are not worth the effort.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by candygirl11

I know a lot of people have problems with this product, and I did at first, but once you figure out the trick it is an amazing eyeshadow! I use Painterly all over my lid, followed by Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Birthday Suit, and then I use my 239 to pack Gleam on. It is such a neutral daytime look, but still sparkly and pretty. Then, I use Blacktrack and smudge it out, and it looks amazing!
Overall, difficult to use until you learn the trick to apply it. Then, absolutely wonderful. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by meganmomoney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised Gleam has so many poor reviews because I really like it. It's not my favorite or anything but I definitely don't regret buying it. Gleam is a sparkly light peachy pink color. It's not as pigmented as some mac eyeshadows, but with a good base (like rubenesque paint pot) it will show up. I like to use it as a lid or highlight color. It looks a little too dark for a highlight color in the pan, but it goes on beautifully on the brow bones and inner eye corners. I recommend swatching it at the store before buying it though because it's obviously not for everyone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

MAC Lustre shadows are very hit or miss, and sadly, Gleam is just about a total miss for me. While it's gorgeous in the pot (a shimmery gold infused peach/apricot), it just translates to a bunch of nothing upon application. The texture is chalky and this serves up virtually no pigmentation. The only way I can even get this to show is to pile it on wet with Fix +, which if possible, almost makes it look worse. This is definitely not one that will ever be of use for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by lindseybrown

WORST EYESHADOW EVER.
what a waste!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by adele37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you like colorless, glittery chunks on your eyelids and fallout on your cheeks, this is the eyeshadow for you. There is absolutely no pigmentation. I love MAC, but this is the worst eyeshadow I have ever tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by feliciakb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with several other reviewers about the lack of pigment in this. It hardly shows up on my lids, no matter how much I try to build it and whether or not I'm using a primer. All I get is chunky gold glitter that ends up all over my face. Too bad, because it's so beautiful in the pan! For reference, I'm a C3.