Revlon ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.4%), Zinc Oxide (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Polyisobutene, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Bisabolol, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Serica Soie (Silk), Alumina, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Silica, Polyethylene, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isohexadecane, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 4/3/2012 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I liked this concealer. First concealer I've used that actually really covers and it helped heal blemishes at first, but nothing continues to work for me, so the healing power in it stopped working for me after a few days. I still use it for the amazing coverage it gives though.

I'ts the best drugstore I have ever used! It covers very well & does not break me out!

on 4/1/2012 12:33:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

It's an okay product for me, I only used it for under eye area though (FYI, I naturally have horrible racoon eyes so it's hard to find concealer that works amazing for my undereye).
It's nice to have, but after finished my 1st tube of this product I tried ZA concealer (that one in blue tube) and NYX concealer in a jar. So far I like the NYX better. But this product is not bad at all :)

on 3/22/2012 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a fan of the Colorstay foundation and that's the reason I bought the concealer. Uh not quite the same. Firstly the packaging is lame. I hate the sponge tip and the fact that you have to twist the bottom for the product to come out. It always seemed to dispense too much! I like my concealers to be very fluid vs a concealer that's more thick. This one is very liquid and easy to blend. I think the color was fine (can't remember the exact name) but I have dark circles and this just didn't cut the mustard. Oh well I gave it a whirl.

on 3/19/2012 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

So this was my go to for several years. However, I started noticing that it was getting cakey and separating, so I decided to try something else. I only use it to cover my under eye area, and it does have good coverage, but after a few hours........, i would look a hot mess. I got the loreal lumi concealer, and loved it. Now im totally converted and will never go back. The loreal goes on so smooth, does not settle into fine lines and does not get cakey and separate. Its also a brightener, so your eyes look awesome with it. After trying something else, I can't believe I wasted so much time using such an inferior product.

on 2/14/2012 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like the Colorstay foundation so I thought I'd give the concealer a try. It's shocking how little is actually in the tube - I've had sample sizes last twice as long.

Save your money and buy something that works better, lasts longer, and contains more in the packaging. Warn your friends: I will never purchase this again.

on 12/13/2011 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have the worst under-eye circles imaginable, as in I look like a panda 24/7. At 18, I find this very upsetting. I'm not any more sleep deprived than my peers yet this happens. I have very mixed feelings about this stuff. I've gone through a couple tubes now, only because I haven't found anything better.

PROS:
- It does cover, and can be built up as opaque as needed
- Blends pretty easy
- Doesn't irritate
CONS:
- It creases! Even when I very very precisely place powder (I've tried pressed and loose) over it, it still settles into my (barely existent) lines.
- As others have said, the applicator is annoying and can blob up on you

I suppose my main issue is that it creases...I shouldn't have the under eye area of a 40-year-old at this point in my life. I think I'm going to try something new once my current tube runs out.

on 12/8/2011 7:47:00 PM

I really like this concealer. It lasts all day and I haven't had any problems with it gathering into my fine lines. The fair color matches my skin best. I don't particularly like the applicator, so I twist the product up and use my finger to blend it in. I will continue to buy it.

on 10/31/2011 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this as both an under-eye concealer and to cover dark spots. I've tried a LOT of other concealers, including much more expensive ones (NARS, Cover FX, BeneFiT) but keep coming back to this one because the color is a good natural match for me (it is a bit yellowy to help cover purple undereye circles) and it lasts. Not all day, but way better than anything else I've tried. I have oily skin in the T-zone and everything else just seems to slide right off.

The sponge-tip click dispensing can be annoying, as others have remarked, but I never use the sponge tip, I use either my finger or a brush. If you let it dry in between you can layer it to get better coverage. I also put it on *over* liquid foundation as I find putting foundation on after can dislodge the concealer. Or I dust a mineral make-up powder on over it.

I recommend trying it if one of the shades matches your skin-tone - I use the light/medium.

on 10/28/2011 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this product on sale for 40% off at rite aid and i'm glad i did because i would have never paid full price for this.
the packaging could be better but that's not the worst part of it.
The concealer gives light to medium coverage but it can be a little cakey and unnatural looking. I found that it did not really conceal the bluish discoloration but did lighten it, but honestly i could have just gotten a regular concealer for that, my undereyes after using this product still looked like it had a grey discoloration. If it is supposed to be made specifically for undereyes it should work in a way that would contrast the bluish color, but it doesn't so it's basically a regular concealer. I wouldn't buy it again.