Revlon ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.4%), Zinc Oxide (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Polyisobutene, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Bisabolol, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Serica Soie (Silk), Alumina, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Silica, Polyethylene, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isohexadecane, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 5/26/2012 11:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've tried a bunch of undereye concealers and for me it's always a tradeoff between coverage and maintaining a natural look... this strikes a balance between the two that I'm all right with. Most undereye concealers are too light for my skin tone, so I like that this blends well without sacrificing too much in the way of coverage. The concealer doesn't break me out or look too cakey. I usually put two tiny dots at a time (all but 2 of the brush holes clogged for me after leaving the cap off too often, so this is actually pretty easy for me to do) under each eye and then blend, sometimes adding more if I want more coverage, prepping my eye area beforehand with a dab of lotion. A little goes a long way: I've had this for over half a year, using it most days & there's still quite a bit left. The packaging is pretty awful, but after using it for so long I've gotten used to it and barely notice, haha. My makeup routine involves me twisting it (2 clicks) and then doing the rest of my makeup before coming back to it 5-10 minutes later. It's pretty ridiculous but the concealer itself works fine for me so I put up with it. I'll move on to another concealer when this one is done.

PROS: doesn't irritate my eyes, buildable, blends well enough to even out skin tone/ dark circle discolorations, doesn't clog pores, looks good/nice finish, lasts all day without anything funky going on
CONS: packaging, not the best value for amount of product

on 4/22/2012 12:20:00 AM

I like this concealer. I bought it in fair which is perfect color for my cool skin tone. It blends well and the coverage lasts all day. I am not a big fan of the sponge applicator but I have tried almost every concealer you can buy at a drugstore and this is the best. So I am willing to put up with the applicator, though I hope they repackage the product. I will continue to buy this product.

on 4/16/2012 4:25:00 AM

While I love the product INSIDE the tube, the dispenser is horrible!! A couple twists of the tube nothing comes out; a couple more twists and a TON comes out, which is extremely wasteful. Also, there is a very tiny amount in the tube to begin with. I'm on the lookout for a replacement...

on 4/3/2012 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I liked this concealer. First concealer I've used that actually really covers and it helped heal blemishes at first, but nothing continues to work for me, so the healing power in it stopped working for me after a few days. I still use it for the amazing coverage it gives though.

I'ts the best drugstore I have ever used! It covers very well & does not break me out!

on 4/1/2012 12:33:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

It's an okay product for me, I only used it for under eye area though (FYI, I naturally have horrible racoon eyes so it's hard to find concealer that works amazing for my undereye).
It's nice to have, but after finished my 1st tube of this product I tried ZA concealer (that one in blue tube) and NYX concealer in a jar. So far I like the NYX better. But this product is not bad at all :)

on 3/22/2012 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a fan of the Colorstay foundation and that's the reason I bought the concealer. Uh not quite the same. Firstly the packaging is lame. I hate the sponge tip and the fact that you have to twist the bottom for the product to come out. It always seemed to dispense too much! I like my concealers to be very fluid vs a concealer that's more thick. This one is very liquid and easy to blend. I think the color was fine (can't remember the exact name) but I have dark circles and this just didn't cut the mustard. Oh well I gave it a whirl.

on 3/19/2012 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

So this was my go to for several years. However, I started noticing that it was getting cakey and separating, so I decided to try something else. I only use it to cover my under eye area, and it does have good coverage, but after a few hours........, i would look a hot mess. I got the loreal lumi concealer, and loved it. Now im totally converted and will never go back. The loreal goes on so smooth, does not settle into fine lines and does not get cakey and separate. Its also a brightener, so your eyes look awesome with it. After trying something else, I can't believe I wasted so much time using such an inferior product.

on 2/14/2012 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like the Colorstay foundation so I thought I'd give the concealer a try. It's shocking how little is actually in the tube - I've had sample sizes last twice as long.

Save your money and buy something that works better, lasts longer, and contains more in the packaging. Warn your friends: I will never purchase this again.

on 12/13/2011 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have the worst under-eye circles imaginable, as in I look like a panda 24/7. At 18, I find this very upsetting. I'm not any more sleep deprived than my peers yet this happens. I have very mixed feelings about this stuff. I've gone through a couple tubes now, only because I haven't found anything better.

PROS:
- It does cover, and can be built up as opaque as needed
- Blends pretty easy
- Doesn't irritate
CONS:
- It creases! Even when I very very precisely place powder (I've tried pressed and loose) over it, it still settles into my (barely existent) lines.
- As others have said, the applicator is annoying and can blob up on you

I suppose my main issue is that it creases...I shouldn't have the under eye area of a 40-year-old at this point in my life. I think I'm going to try something new once my current tube runs out.