November 23, 2014 | 2137 users online

Highlighters - Eyeko - Eyeko's Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by MOJOJOJ0

I got this in the mail today and I cannot get over how amazing this stuff is! It's so freaking cheap and versatile. I can use this mixed in with foundation, moisturizer, as a highlighter, and around my eyes. And you only need a little bit each time. It brightens up my complexion and gives me this dewy glow that I've been trying to get like my whole life!
My skin is really clear for a teenage stressed (as hell!) college student so I usually don't wear foundation/concealer or anything. However, this works as a pick-me-up for those all nighters, hangovers, and just bad days I'm going to have! It has slight shimmer, and isn't sparkly at all!
One thing I don't like is the packaging. But compared to the sticky/clumpy mess from the nailpolish like container of Benefit's high beam, I like this a lot better. I would definitely purchase again. and again and again! Plus they always have cute freebie/coupon codes that go along with purchases and free shipping all the time!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by kaiyacarrier

I got drawn in by the cute packaging! When I first tried it, I was a little put off by it because you do have to work pretty quickly since it dries pretty quickly leaving you with spots that are more "glowy" than others. But then I tried using it over top of a light moistuizer and realized that the quick-dry factor actually comes in handy for me. I've got dry skin and I usually use a thick moisturizer, but it would make my makeup slide off my face and my skin would feel sticky, almost tacky becuz of it, but with the eyeko cream, makeup doesn't slide off my face and no more tacky feeling. I get a nice glow that shows through my foundation.

Works great as a highlighter down the bridge of the nose (to thin it out), on cheekbones or between eyebrows (to make eyes seem wider set.) I don't know why you would go through ebay or other websites for this, the eyeko website offers free shipping and a free gift with a code: E1476.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by momogul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got Eyeko cream as a sample from a blogger. Glad I did. Cux this hardly showed up in my skin. All I see is few speckles of glitter.
NC30, yellow undertone. Heaving a sigh of relief, that i dint buy full size from their website; they only accept Paypal.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by bluebyul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off I wish it wasn't in a tub. I use a mini spatula so I don't contaminate it, and hopefully prolong its life a tad bit (stamped 6 months on the product :T)
Second if you are going to buy it, buy it DIRECTLY from their website. Cherry Culture is WAY too overpriced in terms of these products, and the website has free shipping.
Third if you buy from the website, look online for Ambassador codes. Basically there are people who blog, all over the place and have their own personal codes (like me). It gets you a free gift!

So now onto the product. Definitely became one of my staples before I bought my very first MSF for highlighting. It isn't moisturizing at all (at least on me which is why I mix it with my daily moisturizer), and so it makes blending a tad bit of a pain, but I love the effect it provides me. Just like the poster below mentioned, I use it before my powder foundation, and a tad bit more after to emphasize the brows a bit more.

I know I will be repurchasing because it looks lovely on me, and I happen to love the shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by MinaTal

Okay, as already apparent; this product has mixed reviews. I understand from experience why the reviews are so mixed. To love this product you've really got to know how to use it properly and to your advantage, so here are the multiple ways I used it:
MOISTURIZER/BASE
1. Eventhough the cream claims to be a moisturizer; it isn't enough. To create an illuminated/dewey look on bare skin, I mix about a half a pea to a whole pea-sized amount of Eyeko cream with my everyday moisturizer (whatever amount you usually use for your face). I just warm the mixture up in my palms and apply it as I would apply regular moisturizer. This can serve as a nice base for make-up (you'll want to use more of the cream i.e: a whole pea-sized amount )
Note: If you do choose to apply this cream on it's own without the moisturizer, make sure you apply it quickly, because the cream really dries up fast (and all you'll be left with is shiny hands).
FOUNDATION
1. If you want a more dewey finish to your foundation, you can just mix this with your liquid foundation before application in either a petri dish or on your palm. Again, I'd suggest gradually mixing in the cream to your suited amount. I use around 1 part Eyeko Cream and 2 parts foundation.
Tips on Mixing: I use MAC's Studio Fix Liquid foundation with this (2 pumps), I first put my desired about of eyeko (equivalent to 1 pump of my foundation) and place it on the back of my clean hand. I then spray it with 1 pump MAC's Fix + which I place about 8-9 inches away (you could use any finishing spray like Evian water spray or MUFE setting spray)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HIGHLIGHTER/DEWY LOOK FOR OILY SKIN TYPES
1. This is my HG Highlighter! It involves some hardwork but the finish is AMAZING. This can obviously be used as a highlighter on its own; but I do enjoy mixing it with a few other things to make it better (so the highlighting effect looks more natural). The recipe below will give you a good amount of highlighter that should at least last you 2 weeks. This highlighter can also be used as a way to create a dewy look for oily skin (notes on this will be at the end of this section)

HG Highlighter; what you'll need:
1 Clean Container with lid
Mini Spatula / Small Spoon
1 Teaspoon Eyeko Cream
1/4 or 1/3 Teaspoon Loose Powder Foundation (I use Bare Minerals)
Fix + by MAC / Finishing Spray/ Water in Spray bottle.
1/3 or 1/2 Teaspoon Moisturizer

l. Put Eyeko Cream into container. Start adding powder foundation gradually and mixing until you get your desired color (remember, it's a highlighter...it shouldn't match your skin tone).
ll. Put in the Moisturizer gradually until you get your desired consistency. I like to go for something to the watery side so I use 1/2 a teaspoon of Moisturize. If you use less moisturizer, the highlighter will be thicker and more strong in the highlighting sense, producing a glamorous highlighting effect. If you use more moisturizer, the mixture is easier to blend and produces a more natural highlighting effect.
lll. Position your Fix+/Finishing spray about 1 foot away from the container and spray once.
Notes: Sometimes the highlighter tends to dry up in the container; no worries. Spray another spritz of fix plus and mix it up with a brush to get back it's original consistency.
TO APPLY AS HIGHLIGHTER:
I recommend using this both before and after foundation.
I first moisturize my face with my regular moisturizer.
While the moisturizer still hasn't absorbed/dried on my face, I use either my finger or a brush to apply stroker to the places on my face I want to highlight (nose, chin, forehead, cheekbones, browbone, cupid's bow etc.).
I then use a dabbing motion with my hands to even out the product.

I apply foundation.
I then take a good look at my face and see if I'm satisfied with the highlighting effect.
If I'm not satisfied, I'll add a tad bit more highlight to the desired areas.

TO APPLY AS DEWY LOOK FOR OILY SKIN TYPES:
I recommend using this both before and after foundation.
I first moisturize my face with my regular moisturizer.
While the moisturizer still hasn't absorbed/dried on my face, I use either my finger or a brush to apply stroker to the places on my face I want to highlight. If you have oily skin, you'll want to locate the areas you usually get oily at and try to avoid those. For oily skin, what I would highlight is the nose bridge, the lower sides on the nose, the cupids bow (the dent above your upper lip) and your cheekbones (not cheeks).
I then use a dabbing motion with my hands to even out the product. Because you're aiming for a dewy look, make sure you back this on.

I apply foundation.
If I'm not satisfied, I'll add a tad bit more highlight to the desired areas and spritz my face with Fix + / Finishing Spray.
EYESHADOW
Okay, not really eyeshadow; but it does look amazing on the eyelids if you're in a hurry. Just dab a bit over your eye lid and blend it in. It makes you look more awake and alert / bright-eyed.

==============================================================

I really hope this helped you and if you have any questions; don't hesitate to ask.

Love,
Mina T

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2008 12:11:00 PM More reviews by mhaellix

I saw some reviews about this and I was dying to try it but it was really expensive at cherry culture. And then I went to eyeko.com they were selling it for about 10cad and so I bought it along with their mascara. (plus free shipping)

My skin absorbs it really fast and I used it all over my face. I was going to use it as a base but that first day, I was running late and just left with only that and concealer. I didn't check my face until I got to work and I thought that I looked too pale and glowy. But when I used foundation over it, It looked much much better.

I didn't care for it at first but when I noticed that I haven't been using my blotting sheets as often and that I wasn't getting as much oil then I fell in love with it. I use 2-3 blotting sheets in a day and I can really see a lot of oil but with eyeko, I barely use one sheet. I was really shocked. I think it's pretty cheap for something that gives me results. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 12:55:00 AM More reviews by ANSTAH

Don't get me wrong, every girl needs a cute little highlighter cream in a pink tub, but it's so so so unnecessary. It makes your skin iridescent, but it doesn't do anything special. I mean it's a plus if you have extra money to splurge, but it's a bit pricy for a product that is just EH, okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by excellrf

I haven't tried the MAC strobe cream, yet, but this is so bloody affordable that I don't think I need to. It gives this pink pearl opalescence. The texture is really like a marshmallow cream. However, the packaging is terrible, not only is it in a tub, which I don't mind at all whereas some people might, within three gentle uses, the cap completely won't close, the new packaging has really thin plastic screw like mechanis which is really easily undone with a little pressure. I am so worried it'll dry out because such a little goes a long way! Howver, the product itself is my HG. A lot of people complain about MAC's strobe lotion not showing up, this one definitely shows up NC 25-30, although this would work on anybody. i am so glad I bought this, the shimmer is pink and gold, but so subtle. However, I don't see how you culd use this as a primer or under foundation, or eyeshadow, or in combination with anything else at all! It has a fantastic, blendable texture when wet. When dry, it is the worst thing in the world!!! If you so much as gently rub after usng it, it pills up and rubs off in an oddly gooey, very tacky manner. and it doesn't come off easily in the good way, as in it is tacky. If you mix this with moisturizer or liquid foundation, the texture will affect the mixture and the mixture, when dry, will also be tacky and will never completely dry, and when it is dry, it will rub off in a very weird way. Also, I tried using this under bare Minerals foundation, and the affect was horrible, it made it look incredibly cakey! Regardless, I solved this problem by using it on a fresh face only, or only to highlight in a C shape around brow bone and cheekbone when using foundation. With so much trouble working ou the application, this is now my favorite product! IT really gives that fantastic pinkish gold opalescence that I hoped High beam would give, but the texture of this is less thick and amazingly creamy, but runny. Also, it looks unlike anything else when in the tub, since it looks like a fluffly light pink and gold shimmery marshmallow cream. Nonetheless, it is my HG highlighter.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 10:51:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

EYEKO CREAM can be used as a moisturiser or a highlighter.

I use this under foundation rather then on its own, as it does give you an iridescent that is a bit full on by itself for me (Iím an n15). I think it would be nice & glowy if you have darker skin.

Under foundation or tinted moisturiser this product is wonderful. Like STROBE CREAM, only much more affordable. Youíll have a healthy, glowy, dewy finish that looks natural.

EYEKO CREAM doesnít irritate my dry, sensitive skin. It feels nice and smoothing & the light fragrance is lovely. The tub is very cute too.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2006 4:53:00 PM More reviews by akathisia

I like this cream best as a highlighter on bare skin. Used as an all-over moisturizer it's a bit much. I'm all for looking "glowy" but this makes me downright iridescent! I love the packaging and the marshmallow scent, but I'm going to pass on this next time.