NARS Lovejoy

4.4

on 4/10/2011 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I am an NC42/44 mix in MAC Studio tech and MUFE 170 (freckle face lady :-) ) - I had a laundry list of blushes I wanted to try/buy and Lovejoy was NOT one of them. The Sephora artist grabbed it anyway and once she put it on, I thought "HOLY LIPPIES!! This is awesome" This is my total and absolute default blush that I would wear everyday. The pan does not do it justice at all and if it were not for the beauty consultant - I would have totally still been in the dark about this incredibly beautiful product. He even put some in the crease of my eyelid and my everyday look was flawless and effortless.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Even with light application Lovejoy made my cheeks look muddy and dirty. There is a lot glitter in this blush, and this blush emphasized my pores. Like all Nars blushes have, this blush did last all day.

on 4/2/2011 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Lovejoy is the perfect combination of brown, mauve, pink and peach. It comes off very dark on the pan, but as long as you use this with a light hand, you can have a great blush. You can also put it on the hollows of your cheeks for a more defined cheekbone. Very versatile! This is one of the most wearable shades I own. Looks great with red or pink lipsticks, a smokey or just a lined eye.

on 2/17/2011 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nars Lovejoy is a beautiful bronzed plum-rose. I'd actually bought it for my NC40 Olive toned mum. But she freaked out. She'd really gone heavy on it as she was not expecting it to be so pigmented. You have to use this, and almost all the Nars blushes (except Orgasm) very lightly to get the most out of them. I put it on her again properly and it totally changed her mind. It looked beautiful against her olive complexion.
I'd left my Nars Zen blush at home when we were on holiday so I borrowed Lovejoy and I never returned it to her when we got back. I'm NC25, also very olive and it looked great on me too. It brightens my sallow skin so much. I love to wear it with a tinted moisturiser, a neutral eye and Chanel Mademoiselle lipstick. I reach for this almost everyday.

on 2/10/2011 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is truly a 5 star product! I can't believe that I have avoided this blush for so long but I now that I have it, I can't live without it. It is exactly as described; a beautiful bronzed rose with slight gold shimmer that does not transfer glittery to the skin in my experience. It has an amazingly soft texture similar to Madly and is very pigmented so I do recommend using a light-hand or a skunk brush to apply. It applies like a dream to the skin and is a beautiful rose color with the just the right amount of bronziness to give your whole face a healthy glow. And paired with NARS Albatross highlighter, *swoon*! A definite must-have for those who have tanned skin especially NC35's and above. On fair skin, it may translate slightly more orange so be wary of that. For reference, I am NC42, NARS Barcelona/Syracuse, with dark brown eyes and black hair.

on 1/27/2011 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

My new favorite blush. If you check my history, you'll find that a new NARS blush ascends the scales to become the favorite every few months; it's just a testament to the quality of their product.

I'm roughly a MAC C7 (though I only wear MUFE Mat Velvet in 70, Caramel) and this color is perfect for everyday wear. It gives a slight peachy tone with a hint of shimmer, very pretty.

Finely milled, with amazing quality, and it appears to last forever.

Good stuff.

on 1/18/2011 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

I got this blush in the Albatross/Lovejoy/Dolce Vita gift set.. which I found at T.J. Maxx for $29.99. I LOVE it. And I mean LOVE this blush. I use it all year round, but in the summer especially, because it makes my cheeks look bronzey and beautiful. I went on a trip to Vegas last July and used this blush almost exclusively, and realized how much I love it when I looked through my pics and saw how great my skin looked. As with all NARS blushes, the pigmentation is great, and you can wear it semi-sheer or build it up nicely. Love the black packaging. I will absolutely re-buy this when I run out.

on 11/20/2010 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great color for Fall and winter it's a beautiful bronzed plummy rose with some shimmer. It is really pigmented and you only need a tiny bit for a natural flush of color. This shade goes really well with my tan NC40 skin tone. Will re-purchase!!!

on 11/18/2010 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I normally wouldn't have bought a color like this, especially for a blush color but I love NARS and I was watching a short backstage makeup video for Thankoon fall 2010 fashion show and saw it being used on an asian model and since I'm asian, I thought i'd try it. I love the way it looks when you take a brush and just really, really lightly dust it over the sides of my cheeks and eyes.

on 11/17/2010 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The DOLCE VITA SET! It contains Albatross and Lovejoy (highlighter/blush duo) plus the Dolce Vita Lip gloss, the down side is it is only at the http://www.narscosmetics.eu/gifts/nars-cosmetics-gift-sets/lovejoy-albatross-dolce-vita-set.html website. BOOOOOO!!!!

Popular Blush Products