April 18, 2014 | 1787 users online

Blush - NARS - Lovejoy

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by ktcyrus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nars Lovejoy is a beautiful bronzed plum-rose. I'd actually bought it for my NC40 Olive toned mum. But she freaked out. She'd really gone heavy on it as she was not expecting it to be so pigmented. You have to use this, and almost all the Nars blushes (except Orgasm) very lightly to get the most out of them. I put it on her again properly and it totally changed her mind. It looked beautiful against her olive complexion.
I'd left my Nars Zen blush at home when we were on holiday so I borrowed Lovejoy and I never returned it to her when we got back. I'm NC25, also very olive and it looked great on me too. It brightens my sallow skin so much. I love to wear it with a tinted moisturiser, a neutral eye and Chanel Mademoiselle lipstick. I reach for this almost everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by ambrnazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is truly a 5 star product! I can't believe that I have avoided this blush for so long but I now that I have it, I can't live without it. It is exactly as described; a beautiful bronzed rose with slight gold shimmer that does not transfer glittery to the skin in my experience. It has an amazingly soft texture similar to Madly and is very pigmented so I do recommend using a light-hand or a skunk brush to apply. It applies like a dream to the skin and is a beautiful rose color with the just the right amount of bronziness to give your whole face a healthy glow. And paired with NARS Albatross highlighter, *swoon*! A definite must-have for those who have tanned skin especially NC35's and above. On fair skin, it may translate slightly more orange so be wary of that. For reference, I am NC42, NARS Barcelona/Syracuse, with dark brown eyes and black hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Queridaphile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

My new favorite blush. If you check my history, you'll find that a new NARS blush ascends the scales to become the favorite every few months; it's just a testament to the quality of their product.

I'm roughly a MAC C7 (though I only wear MUFE Mat Velvet in 70, Caramel) and this color is perfect for everyday wear. It gives a slight peachy tone with a hint of shimmer, very pretty.

Finely milled, with amazing quality, and it appears to last forever.

Good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by psubaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this blush in the Albatross/Lovejoy/Dolce Vita gift set.. which I found at T.J. Maxx for $29.99. I LOVE it. And I mean LOVE this blush. I use it all year round, but in the summer especially, because it makes my cheeks look bronzey and beautiful. I went on a trip to Vegas last July and used this blush almost exclusively, and realized how much I love it when I looked through my pics and saw how great my skin looked. As with all NARS blushes, the pigmentation is great, and you can wear it semi-sheer or build it up nicely. Love the black packaging. I will absolutely re-buy this when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by macstar05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great color for Fall and winter it's a beautiful bronzed plummy rose with some shimmer. It is really pigmented and you only need a tiny bit for a natural flush of color. This shade goes really well with my tan NC40 skin tone. Will re-purchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by shinkirux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally wouldn't have bought a color like this, especially for a blush color but I love NARS and I was watching a short backstage makeup video for Thankoon fall 2010 fashion show and saw it being used on an asian model and since I'm asian, I thought i'd try it. I love the way it looks when you take a brush and just really, really lightly dust it over the sides of my cheeks and eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by JAMILAH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The DOLCE VITA SET! It contains Albatross and Lovejoy (highlighter/blush duo) plus the Dolce Vita Lip gloss, the down side is it is only at the http://www.narscosmetics.eu/gifts/nars-cosmetics-gift-sets/lovejoy-albatross-dolce-vita-set.html website. BOOOOOO!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by mamaoftwo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this blush. The formula goes on like butter and the color is very flattering. I find myself reaching for this quite a bit. For reference I am NC 50. I plan to look at other NARS blushes, this is my first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love with Lovejoy!! It's like a nice plummy-brown bronzer blush for my NC 40 skintone! When I first started out buying Nars blushes...I feel for the hype of the popular ones: Orgasm and Deep Throat. (Maybe it was the names too hehehe ;) But those were too light for my taste. Lovejoy is highly pigmented, looks natural, can be worn during day or night. It's a must have for fall ladies and tan skintones!! Will repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by LVMHgurl

a little too brown for my already tan skin. kinda washes me out. i'll stick to orgasm.