Almay Clear Complexion Light & Perfect Pressed Powder

3.3

on 12/24/2008 10:03:00 AM

Well...this product didn't work for me that well (I bought the entire collection). I brought the medium shade and it was too dark for me and I figure that the light shade wouldn't work either (but i suppose that you can mix the colors - a light foundation with a medium powder or something). I also think that this dried my skin (but I'm not sure - since I was switching back and forth between many products). As for the skin clearing part, very few products actually work for me and this doesn't either. I gave it away.

on 12/3/2008 6:49:00 PM

Pros:

-Love the cute yellow and clear case it comes in!
-No Scent
-Doesn't feel thick and cakey
-Doesn't cause me to break out more

Cons:

-Could be a little cheaper like the covergirl ones (although i hate those!)
-I should have chosen a shade lighter but will do so next time

So I will definitely buy this powder from now on :)

on 11/22/2008 7:41:00 PM

This powder failed to work at all. Instead of giving a soft finish, I had little pieces of powder stuck all over my face. It was too expensive to suck so much.

on 11/14/2008 2:35:00 PM

i have a few problems with this powder.

1. as others have mentioned, the lightest color is awful. too dark and orange-y.

2. the actual texture of the powder feels slightly gritty and cheap. it doesnt seem to be as finely milled as other pressed powders. it also looks very cakey, while still allowing pores to show through. yuck.

3. it failed to mattify. this realization is what ultimately caused me to trash it. it a powder cant successfully kill shine, it is utterly worthless.

almay really dropped the ball here. the one good thing about this product is that the compact is awfully cute. so cute, in fact, that it enticed me to buy this 2 separate times, and both times it went in the trash after less than a week. gahhh!

on 10/24/2008 4:20:00 PM

I love this product. I use it over Almay Line Smoothing Compact, it prevents shine and goes on smooth and natural. The puff it comes with, however is awful, so I use a big fluffy powder brush instead.

on 5/8/2008 1:44:00 AM

my skin is VERY oily and often breaks out.. this powder is fairly good. passable... doesnt cake or makes my skin look chalky, matches well, inexpensive, not irritating, controls shine.. but doesnt last long. i still need several times of touch ups. that made me a bit disappointed. and so did the crappy puff... overally this product is ok. but i am not so sure if i will repurchase it.

on 4/9/2008 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

UPDATE MARCH 2009: So I bought this again in search for a good powder foundation.. I used Almay before, and I loved it.. but this did not do a THING for me this time around. It was super translucent, it was very light coverage if any! The powder would not stick very well to the puff.. that puff sucked! I even tried using a brush and sponge.. and still got the same effect.. natural.. and no coverage. I say one thing that it's good for is touch ups. If you have oily skin like me, it is good for covering up the shine making you look matte. It is still good, but I like more coverage.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i live in a very humid climate. i was in military training in illinois (fall- spring) when i used this. and ALL of my makeup was ALMAY. the colors, the texture, it was all good for me. i loved the lipsticks, powders, and eyeshadows. i had smooth, healthier skin at the time, my skin color got lighter.. everything improved when i moved to the states. i have oily skin, and it got drier in illinois. and this was an AWESOME product for me, in conjuction with my cetaphil products. but i give it 4 lipsticks only because when i moved to california, it didn't work for me as well as it did in illinois. i'm still on the hunt for my HG products, because i'm back home and hating my skin. i'm considering going back to this "illinois" regime, but don't know if it'll be as effective since i'm at a more humid place now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i have very, very acne prone skin, and this definitely seems to aggravate it.

on 8/1/2007 1:56:00 PM

I've tried this for 4 days and my face is greasier than the usual. It seems to irritate my pimples instead of helping them heal as advertised. Also, my face looks orange and instead of giving me a flawless look, the Almay powder gives me a chalky or cakey look - yuck! Additionally, the sponge applicator is not very effective since it soaks up my foundation. I'm very dissapointed with this product and the fact that it's twice as expensive as the powder that I regularly use - Maybelline's pressed powder. I've heard good things about Almay, so I thought it's worth a try and perhaps, it will help control my oily face and lessen my pimples. However, this is waste of my money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this powder in the for oily skin variety since I was looking for a good oil control powder. This is actually very good and a great and almost half the price alternative to MAC Blot, which seems to crack and deteriorate within weeks. I also found this has more coverage then MAC Blot, however I'm not too wild about the applicator, you really have to load up on powder, although I suppose that's good since you can control the ammount of powder you want to apply. This also goes over dry skin quite well. The only downside to this would perhaps be, if you apply a minimal ammount, it can make your pores look big, however that is easily avoided by applying more. I also like the finish of this powder, very natural especially when you apply it in a thick amount. The compact is nice looking, sort of like the Ikea of furniture- not exactly luxurious but interesting. It doesn't look like your typical compact but it is attractive. It is worth the $12. I forgot to mention that the three shades this powder comes in runs very dark. Medium Dark in MAC Blot is lighter then the lightest shade this comes in so if you have pale skin, it might be too dark. I am usually Medium or Medium Dark in most powders and I got this in the lightest shade.