October 31, 2014 | 905 users online

Pressed Powders - Almay - Clear Complexion Light & Perfect Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by fancyxamy

i have a few problems with this powder.

1. as others have mentioned, the lightest color is awful. too dark and orange-y.

2. the actual texture of the powder feels slightly gritty and cheap. it doesnt seem to be as finely milled as other pressed powders. it also looks very cakey, while still allowing pores to show through. yuck.

3. it failed to mattify. this realization is what ultimately caused me to trash it. it a powder cant successfully kill shine, it is utterly worthless.

almay really dropped the ball here. the one good thing about this product is that the compact is awfully cute. so cute, in fact, that it enticed me to buy this 2 separate times, and both times it went in the trash after less than a week. gahhh!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by debatergirl

I love this product. I use it over Almay Line Smoothing Compact, it prevents shine and goes on smooth and natural. The puff it comes with, however is awful, so I use a big fluffy powder brush instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2008 1:44:00 AM More reviews by amethyst222

my skin is VERY oily and often breaks out.. this powder is fairly good. passable... doesnt cake or makes my skin look chalky, matches well, inexpensive, not irritating, controls shine.. but doesnt last long. i still need several times of touch ups. that made me a bit disappointed. and so did the crappy puff... overally this product is ok. but i am not so sure if i will repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2008 1:25:00 AM More reviews by rosan671

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE MARCH 2009: So I bought this again in search for a good powder foundation.. I used Almay before, and I loved it.. but this did not do a THING for me this time around. It was super translucent, it was very light coverage if any! The powder would not stick very well to the puff.. that puff sucked! I even tried using a brush and sponge.. and still got the same effect.. natural.. and no coverage. I say one thing that it's good for is touch ups. If you have oily skin like me, it is good for covering up the shine making you look matte. It is still good, but I like more coverage.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i live in a very humid climate. i was in military training in illinois (fall- spring) when i used this. and ALL of my makeup was ALMAY. the colors, the texture, it was all good for me. i loved the lipsticks, powders, and eyeshadows. i had smooth, healthier skin at the time, my skin color got lighter.. everything improved when i moved to the states. i have oily skin, and it got drier in illinois. and this was an AWESOME product for me, in conjuction with my cetaphil products. but i give it 4 lipsticks only because when i moved to california, it didn't work for me as well as it did in illinois. i'm still on the hunt for my HG products, because i'm back home and hating my skin. i'm considering going back to this "illinois" regime, but don't know if it'll be as effective since i'm at a more humid place now.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2007 9:27:00 PM More reviews by sebastianette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have very, very acne prone skin, and this definitely seems to aggravate it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by iriskw

I've tried this for 4 days and my face is greasier than the usual. It seems to irritate my pimples instead of helping them heal as advertised. Also, my face looks orange and instead of giving me a flawless look, the Almay powder gives me a chalky or cakey look - yuck! Additionally, the sponge applicator is not very effective since it soaks up my foundation. I'm very dissapointed with this product and the fact that it's twice as expensive as the powder that I regularly use - Maybelline's pressed powder. I've heard good things about Almay, so I thought it's worth a try and perhaps, it will help control my oily face and lessen my pimples. However, this is waste of my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by gypsynightmare

I got this powder in the for oily skin variety since I was looking for a good oil control powder. This is actually very good and a great and almost half the price alternative to MAC Blot, which seems to crack and deteriorate within weeks. I also found this has more coverage then MAC Blot, however I'm not too wild about the applicator, you really have to load up on powder, although I suppose that's good since you can control the ammount of powder you want to apply. This also goes over dry skin quite well. The only downside to this would perhaps be, if you apply a minimal ammount, it can make your pores look big, however that is easily avoided by applying more. I also like the finish of this powder, very natural especially when you apply it in a thick amount. The compact is nice looking, sort of like the Ikea of furniture- not exactly luxurious but interesting. It doesn't look like your typical compact but it is attractive. It is worth the $12. I forgot to mention that the three shades this powder comes in runs very dark. Medium Dark in MAC Blot is lighter then the lightest shade this comes in so if you have pale skin, it might be too dark. I am usually Medium or Medium Dark in most powders and I got this in the lightest shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2007 2:37:00 PM More reviews by chinchi

I grew over time to dislike this. I now use translucent powders (I like Linda Sy's and also Paula's Choice powders). This one didn't match my skin despite trying to match it. It also felt too heavy and deepened my wrinkles. Yikes.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2007 9:15:00 AM More reviews by santhia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Also Chinese and bought the light/medium compact...and I looked orange! Too bad, the concealer worked fine w/ my skin tone and I was hoping the same with the powder (very very wrong). They should have more colour selection.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by captormoonlu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Yew... I bought the light/medium one and it did not match my skin tone at all (Chinese). It also didn't go on smoothly and I had the feeling that it gave me ugly pimples. Never using it again. It definitely isn't worth the money.