September 30, 2014 | 1931 users online

Moisturizers - Dove - Essential Nutrients - Night Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2005 12:33:00 AM More reviews by RubyGemZ

I bought the cream based on the reviews here. In the end, I didn't use it as much as I wanted to. Whenever I did, I applied this sparingly as it leaves a shiny finish on my skin and I have quite dry skin too. In the meantime, I have found something much better; Aveeno Ultra-Calming moisturizer. It may not smell as nice but at least it leaves my skin matte when thoroughly absorbed. I also found the Dove cream stung my skin but maybe that's b/c my skin is that parched. I have learned to always apply some toner or facial spritz when about to apply some facial cream and even with this, it stung sometimes. =T

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2005 9:35:00 AM More reviews by imkt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great cream - for day or night, as it is not that heavy. I have normal skin and this feels lovely on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2005 5:32:00 PM More reviews by geographer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was kinda scared to try this at first because it has oil in the ingredients and I have combo/sensitive skin, but I am glad I tried it. It has not made me break out, and it has really improved my skin and the moisture. I got this on sale for $9.99 and boy is it worth it. It is much better than the $38 bottle of night cream from Estee Lauder that I was using. I am going to purchase again and I will also try the eye cream from Dove because the reviews look real impressive.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2005 9:15:00 PM More reviews by petitebubble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is great. In the winter, I slather it on and it saves my skin in cold and blustery New York City. In the spring, summer, and fall, I use it on dry patches on my face and it clears them right up. If I had dry skin year round, this would be perfect for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2005 1:33:00 AM More reviews by flowerfluff

This Cream is a DREAM! I wake up with perfectly soft beautiful flawless skin.. my pores are so much prettier than before... this is the first night cream i've ever used and i won't be going back! It's so good for my skin and does a perfect job that i wouldn't even bother searching in the higher end brands... this is a superb cream at such an affordable price!! I'm thinking of stocking my bathroom cupboard with this as I never want to run out!! I pray they keep making this cream!! :) I AM SO muCh in LOVE! I can't express how good and 'essential' this cream is!.. it has transformed my blemish prone skin to normal healthy lovely skin.. areas that are blemished are looking better, and my healthier skin areas are looking EVEN BETTER than before! my pores have refined and skin is so soft and vibrant! I think it has also lightened my complexion a little too! :) It's so soft I wanna touch it all the time! My bf compared the touch of my skin (i'm 19 and suffered many years of bad skin) to my little sister's skin (who's 3 and has the most beautiful baby skin) and he says it feels almost the same!! A MIRACLE cream huh?!! YOU have to try this cream especially if you are like me who never really moisturised thinking their skin is already oily enough... but trust me! we ALL need a little extra moisture! especially at night this cream will add 'BEAUTY' to your sleep!!! :) your skin will thank you surely enough! add this cream to your routine and you'll be amazed at the results!!! it's best to use at night as it feels kinda heavy on the skin, but a little dab during the day on dry areas is okay too...smells a bit strong, but i LOVE LOVE LOVE this cream! It's miracle in a jar for me.. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2005 1:17:00 AM More reviews by maya33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was alerted to this product by Paula Begoun's review. I am no Paula disciple, but having read the ingredients, I was quietly impressed. In practice too, it has lived up to what I want in a night cream.

You only need a little of this product and it smoothes nicely over your face. It aborbs quickly and does not feel oily. It is fragranced, but I quite like the smell. It gives a nice emollient effect also.

Like the reviewer below, I, too, have a major gripe about the packaging. No doubt it may counter-act some of the beneficial ingredients. In addition, it is difficult to get it all out, unhyegenic, and tiny (although you don't need much).

At the moment I am forgiving Dove these sins. But if I found a similar poduct with better packaging I would switch in an instant.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2005 4:27:00 AM More reviews by growltiger

I think this moisturiser is the best I have ever used on my sensitive, usually dry, sometimes breakout prone (!!!) skin. It moisturises so well: I use a lot around the eye area and by the time I awake the next morning it has absorbed and I feel fresh and dewy - not greasy :D

Positive sidenotes: it contains antioxidants, soothing agents and anti-irritants; it does *not* contain irritants like alcohol, menthol or fragrance. Also: it hasn't clogged my pores - yay!

Crappy stuff:
This cream comes in a transparent glass jar. Oxidation of all those lovely antioxidants = no good. Another gripe about the packaging: the shape of the jar renders the contents *really* hard to get out as it runs out! Which brings me to my final gripe: this great cream should come in larger sizes - 50mL packaging is tiny, and environmentally unfriendly! But after all this whinging, I'm still giving Dove essential nutrients night cream 4 lippies, because it is a really superb night cream :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2005 6:50:00 PM More reviews by lilykat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore this product!! It's so hydrating and refreshing. It doesn't clog pores or cause breakouts and it's full of vitamins etc. Don't be fooled by the tiny glass tub...it lasts for about 5 months even with using it every night. I have really dry skin in some parts of my face and normal in other, and it works great for my dry and normal skin. I wouldn't be without this product. Worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2005 11:22:00 AM More reviews by vbie3714

After trying Dove's Sensitive Essentials Night Cream with much success, I decided I wanted a night cream with more benefits. So I decided to try their "regular" night cream for more normal skin. I have used it for awhile now, maybe a month, and no problems at all. No breakouts, irritations whatsoever. I wake up to well moisturized skin. Price is good. There is fragrance in this one, so sensitive skin users should use their Sensitive Essentials cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2005 4:11:00 AM More reviews by glorylight4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice product. Almost any lotion or cream makes my face look greasy and it inevitably breaks me out (horribly, I might add). I have avoided lotion for the past 6 years, using handsoap on my face to prevent breakouts, deathly afraid of any moisturizer.

This cream is white and has a light, cold, creamy scent to it. It is of a nice texture, not too thick, not too greasy. It didn't realy break me out that much, and it was soothing and good. Very good for winter skin. I only wish I had it with me a few months ago. continued >>