Avene Cold Cream Lip Balm

3.1

on 1/31/2010 1:20:00 PM

It doesn't do anything special for my lips, except giving them a white, spooky color. I will not ever repurchase, it isn't moisturizing at all!

on 1/16/2010 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Quite moisturising for Singapore's climate but makes me look strangely pale with the sheen.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Just converted to the 'avene' line and decided to go all the way-to the lips!
I was a true devotee of Dr.Hauschka lip balm for years but decided to give this a go and was blown away!
I keep it light cause of the 'white look' if over applied and within hours my normally dry cracked lips were comforable!
I also like the colour my lips have become - almost a softer even natural tone.

on 10/31/2009 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is an excellent lip balm, if a bit on the pricey side. As a fan of Avene's other products, I find this one to be of similar quality though not nearly as long lasting (for some reason I go through this particular lip balm more quickly than any other Avene item, even though I apply it no more often). I agree with the other reviewers in that it can leave a faint white film on the lips if applied more heavily, but this does not generally bother me, as I tend to only wear it at home. (This might be a consideration for those who wish to wear it under lipstick, however, as it might alter the color a bit). The texture is wonderful, very comfortable, with considerable staying power. I also don't mind the scent, which reminds me of baby lotion...all in all, worth repurchasing if my budget allows.

on 10/14/2009 7:31:00 AM

smell is very strong and puts me off a little. also leaves a weird white film on your lips as if you've literally smeared cold cream on. i know its a cold cream lip balm but that means i can only wear it just before bed when i know no one is going to see me.

avene is a good brand, i live on their skincare and this balm does moisturise but the white film and smell really bothers me.

on 6/24/2009 5:30:00 PM

All in all, this is not a bad product. It moisturizes pretty well, and the staying power is good. The smell is not overpowering and rather pleasant as well. However, it does do one thing that I don't want lip balm to do - it is white on your lips, which means the natural pink (mind you, it's pretty pink) of my lips is reduced to a pale, ashen color. It also gets stuck in the lines, so when you smile you see little white cracks. Yucky! The package is a pretty plain one, which does not bother me, as most pharmaceutical skin care products have the same trait. The price is not overwhelmingly expensive in Europe either, but I'm sure you can find something of a better value.

on 5/14/2009 6:37:00 PM

This is a pretty good lipbalm. I use this in the daytime because my other lipbalm (Amore Pacific) is a bit stickier. This absorbs very quickly and leaves my lips very soft and moisturized. I don't have the white lips problem and my lipstick/lipgloss applies very well on top of this lip balm. I haven't noticed the lipstick slipping. It's not as good as the Cle de Peau lip balm but it's a lot cheaper and almost as good. I currently alternate between Kiehl's (#1 with no color and the baby), Boots No7 lip treatment, Amore Pacific and this one (I know... but I have chapped lips all around the year because I live in a very dry apartment that no humidifier will cure and I don't drink enough water I think) and this one is my favorite day time lip balm. I would buy it again!

My mother swears by this balm. I got used to it, and I think it's a pretty good lip balm. It's very moisturizing. It will leave a white film on your lips if you apply too much. If you apply the right amount, it's perfect and sinks in really quickly. It makes my chapped lips plump and soft. The only downside for me (as a broke student) is the high price tag. But it doesn't bother me. I found some other products that are just as good, yet budget-friendly.

on 3/17/2009 3:55:00 PM

This is a good lipbalm, it used to be my favourite. I do not have a problem with white lips when i use it, but if it is over applied i think the lips could look pale. It is too expensive for the job it does. There are other products in the same pricerange (and cheaper) doing a better job, so i wont repurchase.

on 3/7/2009 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

Not the best lip balm. Somewhat disappointed with this - the other products I've used from Avene yielded much better results. Much more effective products out there for cheaper.

Popular Lip Treatments