September 3, 2014 | 1005 users online

Loose Powders - Bobbi Brown - Pale Yellow Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2007 11:07:00 AM More reviews by JoanRe101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first bought the BB Pale Yellow powder years ago when I was first exposed to the brand. Quite frankly, I remember being a little shocked at just how yellow it is. It is approximately the color of yellow cake mix. But I bought it anyway, along with the Moisturizing foundation, after being assured that *everyone* looks better in a foundations with yellow undertones. Make that everyone minus one. I look jaundiced in too-yellow foundation. After a few applications of the BB foundation and powder, I began to have my doubts. After taking my makeup mirror out on my deck and taking a good look in daylight, I KNEW it was just waayyy too yellow for me. I swapped both the powder and foundation.

A couple of days ago I had my makeup done for an event at Nordstrom. I liked the Ivy gel liner, the Sandwash Pink lipstick. But... the foundation is still way too yellow, and so is the Pale Yellow Powder. I went away from the counter with the gel liner, the fine liner brush, some eye shadow; but without either the foundation or the powder.

The bottom line: IF YOU HAVE WARM UNDERTONES, the powder is finely-milled and probably a better choice than most. IF YOU HAVE COOL UNDERSTONES, STAY FAR, FAR AWAY.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2007 9:21:00 PM More reviews by hellolizzie3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this based on the reviews hoping it would help tone down some of the redness in my fair skin. this does its job extremely well, and the finish is very fine, from a finely milled powder. the yellow tones are very subtle. i am extremely happy and would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Susan425

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading so many great reviews I went to the mall to buy Pale Yellow, took one look at how light it was and didn't purchase it. I was afraid the color would be too pale and I didn't want my NC20 skin to look lighter than it already is. A few months later I decided to look again and actually try it on. Dusted on with a fluffy brush, this powder tones down redness, doesn't look chalky at all, disappears into the skin and adds a soft finish to makeup. I was sold! If you are wondering if this powder is too light, go by the Bobbi Brown counter and try it on. Love that it doesn't have any pink in it or turn orange.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2006 9:13:00 PM More reviews by gingery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got two 1 oz. containers of this on ebay for i *think* about $20 and they have lasted a long time. I'm just starting in on the second container after about 6 months. It does do a good job of toning down redness - I just use concealer, this powder and NARS Laguna to even out my skin, no foundation or TM needed. It does have a powdery, matte finish, definitely not glowy, which is why I find Laguna helps to give my skin a little perk after using it. Would repurchase, but not an HG. I have a much more yellow-toned neck than face which is what I was hoping this powder would even out and I haven't find it does that. Perhaps it is just too subtle and my expectations were unrealistic.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2006 10:06:00 PM More reviews by jalmy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder! I have very oily skin and this sets my makeup well and leaves me shine free for a few hours. Other powders look cakey on my skin, but this doesn't. I have some red undertones and this helps lessen them. I've purchased this at least 3 times and I'll definitely re-purchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2006 4:20:00 PM More reviews by mcbourj

I have to say, I really like this powder. I have been using Lorac WD2 compact for several years, and was never really psyched about the finish (but wanted more coverage). My problem has always been that everything makes me breakout, so I've tried many other powders (Clinique, Estee, MAC, etc), only to have the product either make me breakout, or oxidize and turn orange on my skin. I was also looking for a loose powder for a more natural/less heavy finish. So far the BB Pale Yellow has totally delivered - no breakouts (after one week so far), doesn't turn orange, nice natural finish. I'm really happy. And you get so much for your money. I was going through a compact a month on Lorac - this will last quite awhile. Will definitely rebuy.

UPDATE: Almost a month with this, and still haven't broken out, the product doesn't turn orange, and I've finally found my HG loose powder. It's a miracle!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2006 1:51:00 AM More reviews by tvchick87

Nothaving seen Bobbi Brown in Australia, i bought this in Hong Kong off the advice of the SA. I was a little bit weary, but the soft yellow powder was just perfect paired with my biotherm hydra-radiance liquid foundation. This powder lasts for ever on your skin, and even longer in the tub. It is worth the price just because of how your skin looks after application. Bobbi Brown has recently opened an Australian store, so i will most definitley repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 10:32:00 PM More reviews by stefie2104

This sets my makeup well. It makes my makeup stays for whole day. I have the Pressed Powder for touch-up. It is really good value for $$$

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2006 9:26:00 PM More reviews by msjdahn

i like this loose powder as it doesn't seem to change color over the course of the day and it doesn't break me out or irritate my skin. the pale yellow color works for a lot of different skin tones except for the very dark, actually evening out complexions that are too red.

i use a very light dusting of this powder on my face with a fluffy brush to set my makeup. i've noticed that if you use a very heavy foundation, this powder may come off as too heavy. this powder is perfect for medium and light coverage foundations.
my only complaint that its not easy to get the powder back into the container under the sifter if you accidently drop it or whatever and too much product comes out.
has no noticable scent which is great :) and theres a lot of product for your money! so overall good! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2005 4:12:00 PM More reviews by birthday_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this in a swap, and I love it. I have a lot of pink/red undertones to my skin and this compliments them beautifully. I will be purchasing this when I run out.