Maybelline Sky High Curves Extreme Length and Curl [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

on 12/5/2008 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I went on a mascara shopping spree and this was one of my choices. I usually love lengthening mascaras but most of the ones I've had luck with have been h/e (Px and Chanel are my faves). This one got my attention because it promises what I love.
I tried it on on top of another mascara and it made my lashes super hard and clumpy. Of course it was my fault ...I layered it. So I tried it alone and the same thing happened, but I worked through the clumps and managed to make it look somewhat okay. However, after close to half hour of wear, my eyes were crying for mercy. From someone with sensitive eyes, this one made them itch and irritated them like crazy. *Please note that most d/s mascaras that promise "curl" irritate me*
I tossed it immediately. This is probably about the 4th or 5th maybelline mascara that's done this to me. :(

on 11/30/2008 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I use it frequently but not for the curl though. I don't actually think it curls my lashes but they do appear longer. No clumps whatsoever for me.

on 11/19/2008 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I found this in my mom's bathroom and kept borrowing it until I just gave in and got my own. It comes in blackish brown, which is the perfect color for me since plain brown tends to look too warm for my lashes. Anyway it's a bit flakey but it's the best mascara I have, that aside, since it looks both natural and dramatic, so it's multipurpose-pretty. Plus, totally contact-safe.

on 11/17/2008 2:59:00 AM

Blah, this stuff is no good. It made my lashes more curled, but in a clumpy, spider-y, unnatural, weird way rather than a "feathered" way. The formula is dry and crunchy, the color is ashy, and it dries out really quickly in the bottle.

on 11/11/2008 12:55:00 PM

I personally like this product. I feel for the most part it did what it says... lengthen, cur;s and cvolumizes. I love, full, full, lashes with curl. The only reason I am not giving it a 5 is it CAN clump easy if you let it dry too long between applications. I like to apply 3-4 coats and it looks smooth and NON -cakey as long as I put them on back to back... When I wear this, it sometimes get's mistaken for me wearing fake lashes because they make mine so long. I have fairly decent eyelashes to begin with, this does help them thicken/full...

on 11/1/2008 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm quite disappointed at this Maybelline product, it did absolutely nothing but coated the lashes with a little bit of the black stuff. There was no length or volume added.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used to love this product. In jr. high and most of high school, I would use nothing else. I even reccomended it to a friend who also fell in love with it. But lately, I don't know what's changed, but it just hasn't been working for me.
To be fair, "curling" mascaras don't usually actually curl- I don't think it's possible to pull that off- they lift and lengthen. Sky High Curves both lifts and lengthens, as well as seperates. It also really holds the curl from your lash curler. When I first started using this mascara I got lots of compliments on my lashes. Even recently, when I bought a new tube, it went on like a dream at first. So what's the problem? IT GOES BAD TOO FAST!
I follow the "toss-your-mascara-every-six-months" rule, but this mascara, lately, will rarely even make it to the halfway point of that. Not good for a relatively pricey drugstore mascara. The staying power isn't great too begin with, but I find that after a few short weeks it just starts to flake like crazy- MASCARA FRECKLES! And if you try to touch it up, it just flakes more! This is the only mascara that has done this to me. To top THAT off, I don't know what it is with the brush but ater a couple of weeks the bristles were stubbonly sticking to the shaft. As in, I could use less than half of the bristles to actually do my lashes. After that happened with a couple of tubes I vowed that if I had to throw away another tube because of that problem, I would never buy it again. I did have to, and I haven't bought one since. Would not reccomend this again- it may work well the first few times but it's just not worth it when it goes off within the month.
P.s.- My friend doesn't use it anymore either!

on 10/15/2008 8:47:00 PM

THIS. MASCARA. IRKED. ME!!!!

I spent seven dollars on this and FOR WHAT? SPIDER LEG EYELASHES!!! *shudders in horror* I will never ever buy this terrible mascara again...

on 10/12/2008 8:12:00 AM

I had heard good comments about Maybelline Sky High Curves so I decided to try it out in Very Black... but was pretty disappointed. It didn't curl my lashes that well, and that was enough for me to stop using it since I have icky eyelashes that stick straight down. It also clumped very easily and I found that the black wasn't intense enough. I wouldn't recommend or re-buy it.

on 9/20/2008 11:35:00 PM

I love this, it is the best mascara I have used, it makes your eyelashes nice and long and it is not too clumpy.

Popular Mascaras