October 24, 2014 | 1758 users online

Self Tanners - Bare Escentuals - Faux Tan

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by kygirl88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried so many sunless tanners. This is BY FAR the best. I did a lot of research before shelling out the $22, and I was mostly persuaded by the fact that I love Bare Minerals make-up, so trying their sunless tanner seemed like a win-win.

It is not orangey at all - I hate to read reviews of those that say it turned orange on them. It comes out of the bottle with a slight green tint, which to me seems to make the world of difference. It is dark straight out of the bottle, but fades slightly.

The smell is appealing at first, but the cherry-almond scent wears off after a while. To me, that's definitely not the end of the world. If you use your hands to apply it, it can get a bit streaky, but I just invested in the buff brush (apparently they used to be sold together, but that package isn't available anymore) and it gives a FLAWLESS application. I even have my boyfriend or friend get my back for me.

Besides the fact that the color is totally natural, it hasn't irritated my extremely sensitive skin. To me, that's the biggest benefit. It wasn't worth it to use great sunless tanners but be itchy all night long.

I will absolutely continue to invest in this product and will upgrade to the larger, economy sizes once I can find it at a decent price. It has been great for winter and will enhance my glow in the summer for sure.

Any doubts? Watch this video!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by countess77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Makes me a little bit orange when I put on a lot. But when applied somewhat moderately it makes med look...healthy! Will blend it with my moisturizer and get back to you.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by travelbugaf3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this, and will never buy another self tanner.

Scent: it has a wonderful almond oil scent, totally unlike the normal tanner smell.

Color: a natural, olive toned tan. The only self tanner I have ever used that didn't turn orange on me.

Application: It dries quickly, so you have to work quickly and over small areas. But I used my hands and didn't have any streaks or patches. Usually my knees/ankles really show that I'm using a self tanner. . . not with this one.

Wear off: no signs that it was wearing off. It just faded naturally, without the patchy look I get from other tanners.

This is a wonderful product. I'm going to use this for our upcoming bahamas vacation instead of paying for a spray tan!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

I am really sad because I wanted to love this expensive selftanner and I have wasted a lot of money but only by experience you find the perfect ST. The truth is this one left me with the most horrible orangey saffron (!!!) color for 2 days. I am NC 25 and have never had this kind of tone and I have tried St Tropez, Clarins, Lancome, etc. My ABSOLUTE favourite is Sun Labs, at first sight very similar to Faux Tan but the results are worlds apart. Maybe it's mainly my body chemistry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by bex30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only self tanner I will use...by far the best. Typically I use it at night and let it soak into my skin while I am asleep and take a shower in the morning to get rid of the leftover smell that all self tanners have ( I have yet to find one that doesn't have that smell). I end up with a glowy not too tan fake tan...I never look orangey which is amazing. Sometimes I will use it before going out but I find the smell too overbearing and can smell it on myself after an hour or so. I have yet to try it with the lotion that is supposed to extend the tan but I might have to give it a try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This didn't work for me...it was the only product I could find overseas after running out of St Tropez and Xen Tan. This was orange after the first day, orange enough that people asked why I was orange and it faded horribly on me...patchy. Easy enough to apply, looked horible.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Kimberleyroya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried every self tanner out there and let me just say this is the BEST one. I really thought this self tanner was too good to be true. I'm in love with it. It gives me such a natural brown color and theres NO streaking unlike 99% of self tanners. No orange tint whatsoever and the smell isn't amazing but it's not horrible you can barley smell it once it's on. I'm so amazed at how well it blends. I always get spotty areas around my wrists with other self tanners but not with this one. It looks so natural. Also, if doesnt rub off on clothes. All my other self tanners have soaked into my sheets or onto my white clothes and I wore a white tanktop all day after putting it on and not one spot was stained. It also dries so quickly I don't have to sit and wait anymore I can just go to bed and not worry about it streaking through the night. Im literally done searching I've found my perfect self tanner I'm never switching to another. Amazing is the only word I have for this. 5 stars all the way.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by curtisbp

Amazing is the only word I have for this product. My arms and face will tan in the summer but my legs are constantly a pasty, ghost-like white. With this self tanner my whole body turns a beautiful natural looking golden color. I bought the kit on QVC that comes with the application brush that I absolutely MUST recommend everyone get if they can. My husband helped me do my back but with the brush, I'm pretty sure I probably could have managed on my own. If you think self tanner just won't look good on you, give this a try and see just how wrong you are!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by katiex0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

My HG self tanner! I have tried so many different self tanners, from drugstore brands to expensive brands. No self tanner has ever given me such a wonderful color. I'm as white as white gets, with a family history of melanoma, so I don't even try to tan. This gives me a wonderful, natural looking tan, with absolutely no streaks. It doesn't have an orange or yellow tint, and this is the best smelling st I've come across. There is an odor but it's faint and fades quick. It is a little pricey but it is so worth it. I buy the jumbo bottle with the pump from QVC and it lasts me all summer, and I use it a lot in the summer. The only con for me is that I wished it lasted a bit longer, but I still live this st and I doubt I'll ever switch. It also will stain your hands! But before applying I rub lotion on my hands and after applying I scrub them with a nail brush and it removes it quick.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Kelly824

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this self-tanner! I have used TONS of different self-tanners, and this is by far my favorite so far. It smells awesome, comes out brown in color instead of orange like most self-tanners, goes on smooth, and doesn't fade into patches. When you're putting it on, it looks really dark, but that's just so you can see where you're applying it - I recommend putting it on at night after exfoliating, then taking a shower in the morning. I'm also able to use it on my face without breaking out, which is amazing because I have pretty sensitive skin. The only con I would say about this product, is that for me it doesn't seem to last that long- maybe only a couple days, and then I have to re-apply. I haven't purchased in awhile because it can get a bit pricey since I go through the bottle so quickly. But other than this minor issue, I love this stuff.