Dior 5 Colour Eyeshadows

4.3

Talc, Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogophite, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Calcium Sodium Morosilicate, Bis-Behenyl/Isostearyl/Phytostearyl Dimer Dilinoleyl Simer Dilinoeate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopherol. [+/- :Ci 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77000 (Aluminum Powder), Ci 77002 (Aluminum Hydroxide), Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 11788 (Chromium Oxide Greens), Ci 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].

I am reviewing the SUNSET CAFE 440 new palette SUMMER2007 from DIOR.
I'm new to this site, but I can tell I love and appreciatte the reviews here. Ok, I'll start with my favorite shade in this palette, the rose with golden shimmer, is very beautiful and weareable, the gold shade is nice too, the brown is bronzey and the taupe is ok,, but the one that I don't like very much is the lightest sade of iridiscent pink, for some reason it doesn't flatters me as I wish.
I'm MAC NC30-35. I have black hair.
The texture is soft, silky and blend well. It wears a reasonable time, and you can do different looks, but sophisticated... the colors are good for day and night!
They are expensive but, considering the 5 shades and the quality, it is ok.
If you are looking for shimmer and warm (sort of) neutral colors, you may like this one.
I would not purchase again just because I like to experiment all the new makeup trends every year. But I like them A lOt!!

EDIT:

I return it because they were too sheer, and the pearlescent shade of pink-white never looked good on me. But still miss the brown shade, aaah! (sigh)

I took one lippie off because after a long day's work, the eyeshadows crease. This may be because of my Molton Brown tinted moisturiser gel though - not sure. Bright colours, very good coverage. 5 great shadows in one spot is very value for money, but ONLY if you actually use all the shades.

Beautiful colors, great wearability, lovely packaging .... but the PRICE! I have several of these and my major complaint is that they really don't wear any better than Clinique Color Surge. Plus sometimes only two or three of the colors in the quint are actually usuable.

I have the Secret Charm pallette, it was the featured spring pallette. I LOVE IT. It's my favorite eyeshadow and I think it lasts longer than MACs. Its probably the only Dior product that I absolutely love.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have "Incognito" for daily wear. The colors were exactly what I wanted (i.e. NO SHIMMER), it stays put, it's soft and blendable. I couldn't be happier with it.

Really good eyeshadows, and a very neat price for five different ones! I don't like the new packaging, but would definitely repurchase if I find the perfect color blend.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff! It lasts forever! The eye shadows are very silky and all the colors look great! I have always had compliments every time I pull out my 5 star shadows to touch up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like these eyeshadows. Not my HG, still searching for that, but these are nice. They go on very smooth and blend very well. They seem silky and luxurious. The package is gorgeous. I don't see a ton of color when I wear these shadows (I have Incognito), but my eyes definitely look prettier and brighter when I wear them. I use these every day. Very natural looking. The price seems high, until you remember you're getting 5 shadows. This compact will last me a long time.

OMG...No other shadows compare. I have had 4 pans, and that's saying alot; my newest pan is 8mo old and my oldest is probably 8yrs old. Seriously. They are superbly formulated and highly pigmented, giving you rich, vibrant coverage without having to layer, layer, layer the color for coverage. One application with a touch up is more than enough. However you really do need to blend them because they are so color concentraded- if you aren't careful about blending, they end up looking splotchy. I have tried just about every other brand of eyeshadow (d/s and high-end) and these are my favorite, hands down! 5 lippies (absolutely deserve them too!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I purchased two on ebay--mauve chic and the roses for about half off. These are so expensive, but truly, the amount in one compact equals to about 4 single shadows. I suspect that the shadows are a bit old (no boxes), but they're still really good quality and are beautiful colors. They are creamy feeling and nicely pigmented. Dior has added so many fun colors to try. I think that any one into makeup should own at least one because you can have lots of color combinations.