October 23, 2014 | 1840 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Oil Slick Eyeshadow

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Mebs786

This is a gorgeous shimmery black. It is perfect for doing a smokey eye look and not as harsh as most blacks can be due to it having shimmer in it. I always get asked what colour I have on when I use this. Definitely a must in my makeup bag and I will repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by violetkat22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This color was not up to the standard of some other UD colors. For being black, the pigment wasn't very strong, probably due to the high amount of multicolored glitter. I've used it wet as a liner and it looked nice, but there are better products to do that with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

To me, black e/s is a must and I'm happy to say that my search for the perfect one is finally over. In my opinion, Oil Slick is the best in the category of shimmery black. (I turn to Zero for a more matte look) Apparently there's a version (or was?) with rainbow glitter, but the one I have consists of finely milled silver glitter.
Comparing to her sister Zero, Oil Slick is a deeper black, but softened by the silver sparkle. It's perfect for a fun smoky eye, that make my eyelids look like starry night skies. The e/s applies nicely, and blends well. With a good primer it lasts and lasts. No fall-out here.

Oil Slick is suitable for vegans. It's a winner, 5 lippies all the way!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by shazi

I love this shadow! Granted, I only use it one way (as a liner -- I can't carry black smoky eyes), but it is still definitely worth it. Before using Oil Slick as an eyeliner, my everyday black eyeliner was Fluidline in blacktrack. While I love the color and texture, I have a hard time drawing a very fine line right at the lash base. With Oil Slick, I feel like I have much more control over my application (maybe because it's a powder, so it doesn't sit on top of the brush bristles like a gel). I make sure to dampen my brush first to pick up more color, which assures a dark, true black line. I haven't had any problems with fall out or fading. The color is a true black, with tiny shimmer particles that don't show up as shimmer, but simply soften the color a bit. Going over the line a second time makes a stronger black color. I would definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is a really pretty shimmery black w/ rainbow glitter...my only problem w/ it is that i had a hard time getting it on my eyelids evenly. it didn't go on as smoothly as the other UD shadows i own. and i'd have to agree w/ the reviewer below me...it applied blotchy on me..i had to layer it a little more to make it look even. maybe i got a dud? but i wouldn't purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by AntiPrep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This eyeshadow is a total waste of money, you can get shades like this at the drugstore for around $3 with better pigmentation. Oilslick is a matte soft-black meaning not true dark black with slight slight sparkles, it applies blotchy on top of that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by cocofabulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you're not a fan of sparkle, don't even consider the eyeshadow. It's a very true black, which means the contrast of glitter & shimmer really stand out, but I adore it. Applies like a dream and I don't get much fallout considering how loaded with glitter this is. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by JuhhAAY

I really like this black eyeshadow. At first i was thinking about getting the urban decay deluxe matte black zero, however, i decided to risk it and go with oil slick. And i'm extremely glad that i did. It's really pretty and you can put it on lightly to make it look like more of a gray color, rather than black. I just love love love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by juldougherty

I'm all about black eyeshadow and doing a smoky eye and everything, but sometimes this is a little too sparkly. if too much is used, it looks kind of trashy, but sometimes its good if I want something a little bit different. I wouldnt buy it again because I don't think I'll ever get through what I havenow. I'll just stick to regular blacks, with no sparkly chunks.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 10:56:00 AM More reviews by zazzle86

one of the best black eyeshadows I have ever tried!Got it with the skull palette but purchased it by itself! I HATED black eyeshadows on me cause it just look like id been punched in the face or something. They didnt have the effect I wanted. Anyway after trying this WOW!its amazing it works really well with any other colour and amazin for smoky looks. Its not too glitterly like it looks in the pan but it does have enough glitter to give u that kinda sexy shimmery smokey look. I have tred black tied and dark soul from mac but they just dont beat this product!!well done urban decay for bring back my love for the black eyeshadow!