Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel

3.6

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coco-Glucoside, Propylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid (Beta Hydroxy Acid), Glycolic Acid/Arginine, Peach Fruit Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Lemon Fruit Extract, Lime Fruit Extract, Linden Flower Extract, Grapefruit Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Citrus Bioflavonoids, Allantoin, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Red #40, Yellow #5, Fragrance. 6/11/09

on 6/24/2012 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Only get this if your skin can handle it. My skin is already accustomed to glycolic and every other acid. But even so i can still over do it. My skin is oily and lately been extremly acne prone. So i switched over to this and my skin feels great in combination with his ahabha serum i can already see my skin improving. Everything in moderation though if i over do it on the products it will just make my skin worse so dont use everyday give your skin a break every other day or so.

on 5/31/2012 9:57:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I scored the giant 32 oz. bottle of this cleanser during an online clearance sale. It only takes 1/2 a pump to cover my face and cleansing cloth or Clarisonic brush head. I have acne-prone skin that ranges from dry to oily depending on the season. This cleanser removes my makeup and leaves my skin feeling comfortable, not dry. So far, I'm loving this stuff, especially considering the price I paid.

on 5/3/2012 5:33:00 PM

AHHHH! I chose this product as my free sample with my Sephora purchase. I was super excited to try it because I thought it would be fantastic quality and the sample size is fairly big. I also thought the Glycolic/Salcylic acid combo would be fabulous for my Normal to Combo Breakout prone skin. Upon first use I liked the clean feeling and super shiny skin made me think my pores were tightening and my skin was deeply cleaned. Second use the burning began all around nose and terribly on my chin. Since I never react to ANYTHING I used it a third time before bed only to wake up to half of my chin peeling off and crusty dry burning skin all around my nose and flakes everywhere! I even used a good moisturizer after the cleanser each time! Trying to do moisture masks to repair but my skin is still crusty and horrific!!!!!!! Sticking to my Yon Ka and Jouviance cleansers from now on!

on 3/10/2012 2:42:00 AM

This is my favorite cleanser. Unfortunately it is not in the budget for now, or any time soon, but if I was rich I would definitely always have this on hand. It takes off makeup very very well. I feel it is the only foaming cleanser which leaves me with absolutely no mascara residue underneath my eyes after washing, and yet does not irritate my delicate eyes whatsoever. My skin feels extremely fresh and clean after using this. It is quite pricy though so for now I use neutrogena grapefruit cleanser which feels the closest that I have found. Interestingly, both of these cleansers have gotten many bad reviews for being harsh? For me, I don't find them harsh I get good results.

on 12/12/2011 1:05:00 PM

This is really my HG cleanser of all times. It makes my skin SO clean, takes away all the makeup and diminishes (visibly) the size of my pores, too. All this without leaving my skin feeling too dry. I also love the nice scent it has. The only downfall is the price, but I guess all good things come with a price;-).

on 11/13/2011 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Man. I can't even begin to describe what using this cleanser did to my skin. I got a sample from Sephora as a 100 point gift and lured by the smell, I decided to try it. SENSITIVE SKIN PEOPLE BEWARE! This stuff is like putting industrial grade paint stripper on your skin. Mine was coming off in sheets. Under my eyebrows it turned red, dry and sore at the same time. I lost probably about seven layers of skin with this cleanser - something not even 1.0% Retin-A was able to accomplish. Are you kidding me??? Never to use anything by this brand again.

on 10/23/2011 5:05:00 PM

I can't use this every day because it's too drying but it's an HG product for occasional use when my entire face feels congested. It makes me feel clean when otherwise I would feel hopeless. Expensive but worth it because it works for me.

on 10/23/2011 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a great gel foaming cleanser that doesnt leave my skin tight or too irritated. Little goes a long way. Its perfect for using the clarisonic with. But I have to agree with a reviewer below about the neutragena product dupe. Wished it had a pump.

on 10/21/2011 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

After returning La Prairie skin care products because they were causing Cystic acne, I purchased the PTR Anti-Aging Skin Care Kit for $56. This product is kind of thick, and you just pour it out like from a shampoo bottle in the kit. I don't love that, I wish there was a flip top to squirt through a smaller hole. It lathers okay, but it does feel kind of thick. I'd say it is an ok cleanser. It isn't the best I've ever tried, and it isn't the worst. But, if it continues to work, I'd continue buying the 8 oz for $36. Update: I've purchased the 8 oz for $36 and now use it morning and night. It doesn't feel as thick and hard to get out of the bottle. I love the velvety feel my skin has after using it, and it doesn't dry me out. I've upped the review by another lippie.

on 10/3/2011 8:49:00 AM

I wanted to love this...but I couldn't. I have combo skin, very oily t-zone and normal cheeks. I was hoping the combination of salicylic acid and glycolic acid could help with my blackheads and occasional breakouts. Unfortunately this made me break out every time I tried using it (and I don't have sensitive skin at all). I waited for my skin to clear up and tried it again several times but kept breaking it. It is also incredibly foaming which makes me suspicious about its harshness on the skin, and it dried me out a little (even though my t-zone is incredibly oily). Will be using this up on my body.