April 18, 2014 | 1523 users online

Cleansers - Peter Thomas Roth - Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by x0xhannax3

Cleared up my skin really well! However, sometimes it was too drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never bought this product..I got a sample and LOVED it. I used it with my clarisonic and It was the most perfect face wash I've ever tried. It is too expensive so I won't be buying it...but....I still have the empty sample that I stare at/admire from time to time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

Ladies, save your $$$. This is basically just the old school neutrogrena acne fighting orange cleanser repackaged with a few fancy ingredients. It irritated my cheeks and didn't do anything for my skin. I'd say go with a gentle cleanser like purpose or cetaphil and spend you money on a great moisturizer packed with all the good stuff in it...Peter Thomas Roth makes an amazing celluar night cream that is actually worth it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Maddieo87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin hates this stuff. It liked it to begin with. I have combination skin, so I used it once a day, then twice a day... for about... 4-5 days in a row. Big mistake. My skin is now rough, it doesn't look dry but it feels dry. No flaking at all or anything though. So that's good. It broke my chin out, worse than it ever has before. I have about 5 pustules on it at the moment. Sure my pores are smaller, but the texture and look of my skin... is bad now. It looks ok, but rough. And when I look up close in the mirror... it's as if I've got a burn or something. But it's not red. I've stopped using the cleanser as of this morning, and am just using my Sukin Foaming cleanser that is all natural and SLS free etc. Hopefully my skin goes back to normal. So dissapointed with this product. It's far too harsh for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like PTR skincare, and this cleanser is no exception. My mom tried it and found it to be too harsh for her aging skin, but ironically it been great for my acne-prone, oily complexion. It contains glycolic and salicylic acid, and has a nice scent that comes from peach, citrus and oak extracts (as well as artificial fragrance). Overall I'm a fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by arissamay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product because: a) it smells delicious; b) you only need a small amount to really cleanse your skin; c) it helps with my acne without drying out my skin at all. It's definitely not a super deep cleanser, so it's best if you remove any heavy makeup before use. My skin always looks super healthy and never gets irritated after using it, and so far mine has lasted over 6 months with both my husband and I using one bottle and it's still 1/2 full!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by babydollkarina28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am definitely surprised this product doesn't have better reviews. Maybe people with sensitive/dry skin are the ones using it. You have to read the instructions before using something. I have super oily and acne prone skin is this is by far the BEST face wash I have EVER used. I used it with the PTR Blemish buffing beads and my skin has improved so much and it is looking better than ever. I get compliments all the time and I get asked what products I use. If you have oily/acne prone skin you will definitely love this cleanser. Although it says it is ANTIAGING I believe it is more for ACNE/OILY skin as it has salicylic acid. IT IS THE BEST, TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by ssaarraahh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i got a small sample of this and i have never tried ptr cleansers before...it smells pretty good and when i put the cleanser on my face, it felt amazing..it foams a little and does help exfoliate and cleanse the face, which i love...the only problem is, i am allergic to the product..my whole face became extremely dry and the skin under my eye brows started to peel...i do have normal to dry and sensitive skin so i would not recommend this to anyone who is sensitive

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Chia6000

I read previous reviews and am sorry they had poor results. I guess that means more for me! It is drying. But it evens out your skin tone and works-if used for a period of time. IIf you have dry skin, this is not the product for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a small sample bottle of this from Beauty Brands. The first thing the sales lady said was, "only use this 2-3x per week" followed by, "and don't use this for makeup removal". All I could think was 'huh'? It's a cleanser, right? I don't know about the rest of the world, but I use cleanser for cleaning things off of my face - like makeup! So, I get it, this is an acid containing cleanser designed to exfoliate and thus, make your skin look younger. As far as exfoliation goes, it makes more sense to me to gently manually exfoliate rather than putting chemicals on my skin to remove dead skin cells. I am seriously, any day now, going to get the Clarisonic as soon as it comes down in price or I can pry the cash from my purse. (I have the Sonicare toothbrush and love it.) Based on the cost of products like this, I won't feel as bad when I buy one. I was channel surfing and Peter Thomas Roth is on QVC right now selling his super $$ products, which makes me more hesitant to buy any of the line, since most of the QVC products are overpriced junk.
I haven't noticed anything amazing from this product and if I wanted an exfoliating cleanser, I would buy a cheaper one with the same active acids.