October 30, 2014 | 1345 users online

Cleansers - Peter Thomas Roth - Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is really my HG cleanser of all times. It makes my skin SO clean, takes away all the makeup and diminishes (visibly) the size of my pores, too. All this without leaving my skin feeling too dry. I also love the nice scent it has. The only downfall is the price, but I guess all good things come with a price;-).

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by polina29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Man. I can't even begin to describe what using this cleanser did to my skin. I got a sample from Sephora as a 100 point gift and lured by the smell, I decided to try it. SENSITIVE SKIN PEOPLE BEWARE! This stuff is like putting industrial grade paint stripper on your skin. Mine was coming off in sheets. Under my eyebrows it turned red, dry and sore at the same time. I lost probably about seven layers of skin with this cleanser - something not even 1.0% Retin-A was able to accomplish. Are you kidding me??? Never to use anything by this brand again.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

I can't use this every day because it's too drying but it's an HG product for occasional use when my entire face feels congested. It makes me feel clean when otherwise I would feel hopeless. Expensive but worth it because it works for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great gel foaming cleanser that doesnt leave my skin tight or too irritated. Little goes a long way. Its perfect for using the clarisonic with. But I have to agree with a reviewer below about the neutragena product dupe. Wished it had a pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After returning La Prairie skin care products because they were causing Cystic acne, I purchased the PTR Anti-Aging Skin Care Kit for $56. This product is kind of thick, and you just pour it out like from a shampoo bottle in the kit. I don't love that, I wish there was a flip top to squirt through a smaller hole. It lathers okay, but it does feel kind of thick. I'd say it is an ok cleanser. It isn't the best I've ever tried, and it isn't the worst. But, if it continues to work, I'd continue buying the 8 oz for $36. Update: I've purchased the 8 oz for $36 and now use it morning and night. It doesn't feel as thick and hard to get out of the bottle. I love the velvety feel my skin has after using it, and it doesn't dry me out. I've upped the review by another lippie.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by devilzwind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this...but I couldn't. I have combo skin, very oily t-zone and normal cheeks. I was hoping the combination of salicylic acid and glycolic acid could help with my blackheads and occasional breakouts. Unfortunately this made me break out every time I tried using it (and I don't have sensitive skin at all). I waited for my skin to clear up and tried it again several times but kept breaking it. It is also incredibly foaming which makes me suspicious about its harshness on the skin, and it dried me out a little (even though my t-zone is incredibly oily). Will be using this up on my body.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by x0xhannax3

Cleared up my skin really well! However, sometimes it was too drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never bought this product..I got a sample and LOVED it. I used it with my clarisonic and It was the most perfect face wash I've ever tried. It is too expensive so I won't be buying it...but....I still have the empty sample that I stare at/admire from time to time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

Ladies, save your $$$. This is basically just the old school neutrogrena acne fighting orange cleanser repackaged with a few fancy ingredients. It irritated my cheeks and didn't do anything for my skin. I'd say go with a gentle cleanser like purpose or cetaphil and spend you money on a great moisturizer packed with all the good stuff in it...Peter Thomas Roth makes an amazing celluar night cream that is actually worth it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Maddieo87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin hates this stuff. It liked it to begin with. I have combination skin, so I used it once a day, then twice a day... for about... 4-5 days in a row. Big mistake. My skin is now rough, it doesn't look dry but it feels dry. No flaking at all or anything though. So that's good. It broke my chin out, worse than it ever has before. I have about 5 pustules on it at the moment. Sure my pores are smaller, but the texture and look of my skin... is bad now. It looks ok, but rough. And when I look up close in the mirror... it's as if I've got a burn or something. But it's not red. I've stopped using the cleanser as of this morning, and am just using my Sukin Foaming cleanser that is all natural and SLS free etc. Hopefully my skin goes back to normal. So dissapointed with this product. It's far too harsh for me.