April 16, 2014 | 1894 users online

Cleansers - Earth Science - Clarifying Facial Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by lexigal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Meh. Decent, non-drying facial cleanser but nothing fabulous. Not irritating, and did a decent job removing make-up, but this just didn't do anything great for my skin. I prefer a glycolic cleanser or something that gently exfoliates.

I give this 3.5 lippies. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2007 1:54:00 AM More reviews by blackeyedsusan

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this cleanser. It's non-drying and leaves my skin feeling really soft and clean. It doesn't foam up a lot and yeah, it kinda takes a while to rinse off, but I try not to rinse too much since I figure that's the hyaluronic acid doing its job. The directions say to rinse "at least twice," so I usually rinse 3-4 times and quit. It's sooo gentle on my skin. Smells light and herbally. It's replaced my Shiseido Pureness foaming cleanser, which worked great for years but was starting to make my face a little raw. The pump is convenient. I just press down until I get the amount I want, no problems there. This has been my HG for almost a year now.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by RedRoses19

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I'm sorry this had to be double posted. The account was deleted for some unknown reason, and I like to be able to update on my reviews.

Just to fill you in: I have dehydrated, acne and blackhead prone skin

I really like this cleanser! I think it's the first cleanser in years that I've actually repurchased. It's gentle(with all-natural ingredients), yet my skin always feels clean after I use it. Im sure it could be a LITTLE drying for those with dry skin, but my skin is combination and balances it very well. I use Retin-A, so I needed a cleanser that wasn't too harsh, and this fit the bill perfectly! I don't get breakouts from it like some users have experienced, so I guess it depends on how your skin reacts with the ingredients. I will definately keep on repurchasing until my skin has different needs! Btw, I prewash with Ponds Cold cream(to remove ss and mu) and then follow with this.

Update 11/20/07: I recently decided to start using Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil instead of this, just because the weather change has really dried out and sensitized my skin. I just need something more gentle. I'm keeping the rating of a 5 because it's a great cleanser for summer, or for gals that are oily all year round.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2007 7:34:00 PM More reviews by FairyTale18

Just to fill you in: I have dehydrated, acne and blackhead prone skin

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by mollypop5

Thumbs up. Can be a bit drying on cheeks, and still not the "only" thing I can rely on (i.e. still need moisturizer, washcloth), but definitely my gentle, quick everyday. Not too fragrant, not very foamy, but enough to know it's there.
EDIT -- had to stop using -- pores stopped liking it. Finished up the rest of the bottle on makeup brushes, though, so that was good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2007 5:18:00 PM More reviews by brookeuh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My current HG cleanser. Non-drying, yet gets everything clean. Not too spendy. No parabens, etc. The pump is handy but once in a while I get one that doesn't work well, so I don't throw away my previous pump until I know the new one is OK. This is an impressive cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 12:33:00 AM More reviews by amacher24

I alternate this with my Proactiv because I don't notice any difference, and it is better for your skin. Works great!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2007 11:00:00 PM More reviews by caramelkiss19

It sounds like the perfect cleanser by the ingredient list. Aloe, glycerin, tea tree oil, witch hazel....the list goes on. And I gave it a fair chance but after about two weeks I'm finished hoping that my face will 'settle down' like sweetie1 (2006)and Alliebeth (2007) I have whiteheads popping up all over my chin nose and forehead,not just overnight but during the course of mere hours!! This isn't my normal breakout either, it was definately caused by this cleanser -oh well :( I wanted to love this....wasn't for me moving on

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2007 6:32:00 PM More reviews by pandabee

Overall, I've really enjoyed this entire product line. The cleanser is fantastic. I'm on my third bottle now, and I use this with the almond-aloe moisturizer. I find that the dispenser is lacking. The pump dispenses way too much product. Also, the lastest bottle I purchased has a leaking dispenser, so every time I push down on the pump, product runs down the side, leaving me with a ring of soap to clean up in my bathroom. (Grr!) I'm sure this is just a defective bottle though and so I'm not going to change my rating.

Overall, I feel clean without the feeling like my skin has been stripped, like some cleansers. I would highly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by achick

Really love this face wash. Doesn't dry out my skin at all. My skin hasn't had any major breakouts since I've been using it and I think it helped with some flakies I had (dry spots). Would definitely buy again, it's the best face wash I've tried since Sage Skincare's facial shampoo (but that stuff is expensive!).