October 1, 2014 | 1885 users online

Cleansers - Earth Science - Clarifying Facial Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by nicoleteeny

I have combination skin, pretty average a very tinnnnny bit oily in the right spots but this guy really dried me out. I use it once a day/every two days and it works alright but I feel dried out after. If I use a moistuerizer after it's ok. It was certainly better than a lot of products but I'd keep that in mind when buying this product. But it's also nicce that it's natural--i'm not a fan of all that chemically stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2009 8:59:00 AM More reviews by mbwest

I am thrilled to death with this cleanser! My skin has become a nightmare after having my daughter and consequently I have tried every acne cleanser out there. Finally I decided to try something more gentle and came across this at WF's. I bought teh cleanser and astringent and love both. My skin looks amazing! It does not help correct acne, but does not add to it either. I use a glycolic gel for the acne. This combo has helped my skin tremendously.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by mizlord

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a really good basic cleanser, "all-natural," at a very fair price. It doesn't dry my combination/acne-prone/sensitive skin, but I think you need a moisturizer afterwards, as with most cleansers. I think it is the best drugstore-price facial cleanser out there--at my local supermarket, in the natural-foods section, it's $7.00. The pH balance makes it much better than, for instance, Cetaphil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Marajade4

This cleanser is fantastic! I've been using this product for the last 5 years and it has been the best. I have tried many facial cleansers in the past and nothing has worked better. It is not stripping, cleans well, and leaves your face perfectly cleansed and balanced. It is best for those with combination oily skin. It is also reasonably priced and made from all natural ingredients.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by lexigal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Meh. Decent, non-drying facial cleanser but nothing fabulous. Not irritating, and did a decent job removing make-up, but this just didn't do anything great for my skin. I prefer a glycolic cleanser or something that gently exfoliates.

I give this 3.5 lippies. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2007 1:54:00 AM More reviews by blackeyedsusan

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this cleanser. It's non-drying and leaves my skin feeling really soft and clean. It doesn't foam up a lot and yeah, it kinda takes a while to rinse off, but I try not to rinse too much since I figure that's the hyaluronic acid doing its job. The directions say to rinse "at least twice," so I usually rinse 3-4 times and quit. It's sooo gentle on my skin. Smells light and herbally. It's replaced my Shiseido Pureness foaming cleanser, which worked great for years but was starting to make my face a little raw. The pump is convenient. I just press down until I get the amount I want, no problems there. This has been my HG for almost a year now.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by RedRoses19

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I'm sorry this had to be double posted. The account was deleted for some unknown reason, and I like to be able to update on my reviews.

Just to fill you in: I have dehydrated, acne and blackhead prone skin

I really like this cleanser! I think it's the first cleanser in years that I've actually repurchased. It's gentle(with all-natural ingredients), yet my skin always feels clean after I use it. Im sure it could be a LITTLE drying for those with dry skin, but my skin is combination and balances it very well. I use Retin-A, so I needed a cleanser that wasn't too harsh, and this fit the bill perfectly! I don't get breakouts from it like some users have experienced, so I guess it depends on how your skin reacts with the ingredients. I will definately keep on repurchasing until my skin has different needs! Btw, I prewash with Ponds Cold cream(to remove ss and mu) and then follow with this.

Update 11/20/07: I recently decided to start using Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil instead of this, just because the weather change has really dried out and sensitized my skin. I just need something more gentle. I'm keeping the rating of a 5 because it's a great cleanser for summer, or for gals that are oily all year round.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2007 7:34:00 PM More reviews by FairyTale18

Just to fill you in: I have dehydrated, acne and blackhead prone skin

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by mollypop5

Thumbs up. Can be a bit drying on cheeks, and still not the "only" thing I can rely on (i.e. still need moisturizer, washcloth), but definitely my gentle, quick everyday. Not too fragrant, not very foamy, but enough to know it's there.
EDIT -- had to stop using -- pores stopped liking it. Finished up the rest of the bottle on makeup brushes, though, so that was good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2007 5:18:00 PM More reviews by brookeuh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My current HG cleanser. Non-drying, yet gets everything clean. Not too spendy. No parabens, etc. The pump is handy but once in a while I get one that doesn't work well, so I don't throw away my previous pump until I know the new one is OK. This is an impressive cleanser.