November 23, 2014 | 1543 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Chubby Stick (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

I really like this product! If your lips are looking or feeling dry and you want to put on lip colour, then you don't need to worry about adding moisture to them, because this stuff is moisturising and colouring at the same time. I think the colour I have is called 'melon' which is a really nice subtle natural looking light-red. I'm not sure how the other colours add up, but this colour is really good, and would suit all skin tones.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by jademichelle9

Big fat zero stars if I could.
Waxy texture, drying to my lips and to be quite honest, I could maybe get over that if the product actually lasted longer than half an hour. I don't get the hype, they look cheap and feel cheap - so people may as well just buy cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by dreamxsoul

After hearing all the stellar reviews on this line, I picked one up in Mighty Mimosa. It is a gorgeous peachy pink color with fine champagne shimmer, perfect for daily wear. Packaging is sleek and sturdy. Unfortunately that's all that I like about it.

Application wise, it was waxy and thin in texture. A bit hard to build up the color because it is on the harder side of balm consistency. My lips will get sensitive and stretched out after application due to the constant swiping motion to build up enough color to show up on my slightly pigmented lips. I'm NC20-25 btw. After application, the COLOR looks amazing on my skin. It really brightens up my complexion, giving me a healthy glow. However, I do not like how it looks... texture wise. Too dry and waxy.

This is definitely NOT a moisturizing product. After sitting on my lips for about 15 minutes, my lips begin to feel parched and peel. Granted I do have sensitive lips and most waxy lipsticks make my lips peel.. just never this badly. My lips looked like a flakey mess.

To the ladies and gents with dry and/or sensitive lips, stay away from this specific color (Mighty Mimosa). I have not tried the other shades so I cannot comment on them, but Mighty Mimosa is definitely better suited for people with smooth and hydrated lips.

In my experience, shimmery and glittery lip products are the worst offenders of flakey and dry lips, so try opting for a cream shade with no shimmer.

***I do want to let you guys know that if these don't work out for you because they dry your lips, a great inexpensive alternative to these are the Cover Girl Jumbo Gloss Balms. Those are currently my absolute favorite jumbo lip products. The shade range is definitely not as extensive as the Clinique Chubby Stick line, but the formula, in my opinion, is much more hydrating and comfortable on the lips (again I'm talking about the cream shades). Surprisingly, my lips feel even more moisturized after wearing them for a while!

While I cannot guarantee that they will also work for you like they did for me, but I would definitely recommend that you give them a go especially for their affordable price and hydrating formula!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

I own three of these, Graped Up, Fuller Fig and .curviest Caramel I love them. I know so many of the drug store brands have jumped on this wagon and I own several of those two but these three particular colors I have not been able to totally dupe and for that I will replace these when I run out even at the higher price (Although they are $4 cheaper than Tarte!)

Right out of the box I will tell you these are mattes. If you have dry or flaky lips you aren't going to like these. They will coat and show every flake. My Mantra: Exfoliate, balm with matte formulas. They have about average staying power. I was a HUGE fan of the old pencils and Pink Fringe was my favorite ( think Mac Pink Plaid) they didn't bring that shade back (boo) but I have found these three and they will work for day in the office at night with heavier eye and cheek make up or jeans casual. So easy to take with and I can put them on without a mirror. Clinique is one of my favorites.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Rachjenks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not confident when it come to lipstick so told the lady at the counter I wanted something that you can tell I'm wearing but not too bright or anything. She got me the bountiful blush which at first I think looked a bit brown for me but it isn't at all. It's great just what I wanted. I paid £17 which I thought was ok. It is moisturising but I have dry lips so I use lip balm about 15 mins before I put it on. I will be going back for more as I get braver with colours!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by jasthill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My grandmother always gets Clinique samples in the mail and gives them to me and this is tied for my favorite product of their's that I've used so far (tied with Clinique's High Impact Mascara).

The Chubby Stick is kind of like a lip balm, but with great color! I have only used the shade Woppin' Watermelon, but it is so pretty. I am fair skinned, and it basically looks like my natural lip color, it just makes them look better. Not only does it add a healthy color to my lips, it also moisturizers them. It feels great and looks great.

I definitely plan to purchase some of their other colors - but the Chubby Stick in Woppin' Watermelon is PERFECT for making fair-skinned girls look like they have nothing on but pretty, natural, pink lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by yoyolanda

Just don't get it. If you have fuller lips then this will absolutely not cut it. It is nothing like a lip balm so people just need to quit it with that nonsense. Colors are just too much and too thin for me. Overhyped.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I first started seeing lipstick "pencils" like these, they were ones that had to be sharpened and I was, like, "No WAY. It's messy enough sharpening eyeliner pencils and they're not as soft as lipsticks. NO WAY". But then I saw these twist up Chuppy Sticks from Clinique. I bought one in Roomiest Rose (which I think is one of the "Intense" shades) and I have to say that I really like the colour and I like the ease of application - I don't even need a mirror and I can put these on in class - actually while I'm TEACHING my classes - because they're almost as easy to apply as lip balm. I do wish these lasted a bit longer on the lips. And I really dislike the stupid alliterative names (sorry, Clinique - they're not cute-sounding; they're just DUMB). But I do like this product because, like I say, is as easy to swipe on as a colourless balm but it leaves a very pretty shade on the lips and feels very moisturizing and nice. I'll certainly buy a backup or 2 of the Roomiest Rose shade (I need one to keep at the front of my class, in my counter, and one for purse/gym bag, etc.). And there are a few other really nice shades I'll be trying in spite of the daft names (honestly, Pudgy Peony? Curvy Candy? - silly)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by kfulghum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased in the all graped up color. I love the color. This also has a great moisturizing consistency. It does not stay on good and is gone within the hour. Also, the chubby stick makes it look like you get a lot of product, when in actuality, you get about 1/2 inch of product. Very expensive for the amount of product that you get. Neutrogena has almost the exact same product for half the price. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by SarahLynn21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for three months and I really love it; the color is vibrant and it's very moisturizing and feels great on your lips. I find that it lasts decently well in comparison to other products; I get about three good hours and it fades off nicely without having the product just disappear in the center of my lips after drinking.

I would like to add that I have only tried the chubby stick intense and not the plain moisturizing version.