Dove Essential Nutrients Day Lotion SPF 15

3.3

on 3/7/2007 8:35:00 PM

I like the ingredients, but only used it for a week because my man constantly ask if I was sick because i looked soooooo tired... change to Olay complete and boom everything was back to normal... strange...

Although I am not a fan of the rest of their Essential Nutrients facial care line (any of the cleansers I've tried or the toner), their moisturizers are really good. This lotion is very light and absorbs very quickly, and smells great without any of that nasty sunscreen smell that some products containing SPF have. It feels really good going on my drier winter skin, which just drinks it right up. I don't feel like it makes my skin any softer than without moisturizer, but at least it gets rid of dry flaky patches and doesn't break me out. It's a good product, and I'd recommend at least giving it a try, but I don't love it.

on 1/19/2007 6:25:00 PM

Very light, non-greasy, provides sunblock, doesn't cause breakouts. What more could you ask for? Probably SPF 30 instead of 15 but it's a great prodct.

on 11/24/2006 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've tried this lotion for about 3 years now, and have just recently discontinued using it. Why? Well- my skin is really dry near the corners of my mouth and the tip of my nose- one day on my way to work I put on the lotion on the necessary parts and -perhaps I put a bit more than I normally do, (my dry patches were especially dry that day,) and felt a wierd burning sensation on the lotion treated portion my of face. During my lunch break I went to the bathroom and noticed an embarassing and obvious redness on my face, where I had applied the lotion. It was really bad- and it took about a week till the redness went away @_@.

I just really hope I can find a better lotion @_@ one with SPF protection.

Update:

I have come a long way since my Dove essential nutients lotion days, I have since come across "Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing Lotion" (the one in the small tube), and I am perfectly content with it. It gets rid of whatever dry spots I may have, and I have not since experienced a burning sensation on my face.

on 11/13/2006 10:33:00 PM

I was really surprised by this moisturizer! the other moisturizer I was using kept breaking me out, so I borrowed my mom's trial size version of this. it's the only thing I've tried in more than a year that doesn't break me out! I like that it has spf in it. absorbs well. not crazy about the scent, but that is a small price to pay for a moisturizer that doesn't cause huge nasty pimples! I might even buy a full size bottle!

on 9/27/2006 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this moisturiser!! I have blemish prone skin and even though this ISNT oil free (at least i dont think it is) it never breaks me out and my skins never oily. It really hydrates my skin and makes it nice and soft. I've been using it for over a year and i'll keep using it until they change it!! The little pot is cute too.

on 9/8/2006 1:42:00 PM

I really like this lotion and have been pleasantly surprised by it. It's not too heavy for my oily t-zone, but it moistuzing enough for my dehydrated cheeks. I love that it has broad-spectrum sunscreen, and the scent is not overwhelming. This is my everyday staple.

on 9/6/2006 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This product is among the 10 best reviewed on epinions web page. That's where it belongs. It is one of the best lotions I've ever tried, and the best lotion with SPF so far. For a low price you get more than twice the quantity (120 ml) than you get with other, more expensive lotions (50 ml). The scent is light, the lotion is white with great consistency. It absorbs really well and quickly. The skin is silky smooth, and at the same time you really feel that there is an invisible protective shield between your face and the sun. I highly recommend this!

on 6/13/2006 11:06:00 AM

I am so sad that they discontinued this product. The Day Lotion SPF 15 (not essential nutrients) took its place. I LOVED this lotion. I had been searching and searching for something like this and finally when I found it they discontinue it. I will try the regular one but I liked how this one had the green tea extract and sunflower seed oil.

on 5/12/2006 9:39:00 PM

This is really good product. I had been using Clean and clear morning glow and I like this alot better. Clean and Clear was too thick and hard to rub into my skin, this is vey light and could be worked into my skin super easily. I have normal to dry skin and this gives me a dewy look I really love. If I don't have a good night sleep and than put this on I look 10x better, it really does give me a healthy glow and I haven't gotten any breakouts from it, hopefully I won't get any. Overall this is a good product but I wouldn't generally recommend this to people who have oily skin. EDIT: this was great in the winter but in the summer when I oily skin it's a bit too heavy for me. Still it's a great moisturizer just not when my skin is noraml/oly instead of normal/dry