October 23, 2014 | 913 users online

Eyeliner - Avon - Waterproof Glimmersticks

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by AllegraMakeupAlley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like a most Avon products, I've found this one to be disappointing. The Waterproof Glimmersticks in Chocolate Brown does not go on smoothly, leaving a dotting brown trail rather than a consistent smooth brown line upon application. It does not smudge easily, so blending is difficult, but this may be expected of a waterproof liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by amwatson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ADORE it!!!! It doesn't smudge or run in 100+ weather!! It holds up against heavy sweating and tanning at the beach.Totally a HG product if you are an athlete or very active!!! Removes easily with oil-based make-up remover. Only downside is that the color choices are really limited and you have to get it from an avon rep.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by georginapeach

the product is too creamy while still in the tube, making it difficult to get a thin, smooth line. i don't think its waterproof, but the staying power isn't too bad, although i find that after 6+ hours of wear it tends to stray from my lashline. not an awful eyeliner, but there are better for around the same price.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by ClarityRose

Well, it DOES stay on once it dries, but it's not really waterproof...

I have 3 of these, and they're all in varying levels of softness. The softest one doesn't really skip, but the others do, and it's rather hard to get the color ON your eyelids without hurting yourself.
I bought these during a sale, so I'm not complaining much, but eh. They're not really worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by minimartha

Bought this after reading the reviews. But I gotta say I am not a fan. I will be going back to my Revlon Colorstay eyeliner. It may say waterproof but it smears and doesn't last at all. Very disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by kristeneve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This eyeliner is so waterproof and stay put that it stays put in the tube! I can't get it to go on my eyes at all. Completely useless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by rockmom66

This eyeliner goes on smooth, no tugging at the eye. It stays put and doesnt smear.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by wendirr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this to use on the inner rim of my eye. I thought it would work well for that purpose since it is supposed to be waterproof, but it barely lasted any time. I've had better luck with kohl eyeliners. The copper color barely shows up at all. The brown chocolate was better, but still not very long lasting and it smudged easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by blondie42550

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to LOVE this product. Either they changed the formula, or they have been shipping out old merchandise because what used to go on creamy and smooth is now impossible to use. I have 5 "tubes" of it that I bought at different times and they are all useless. They worked ok once, then became hard and dry. If I "break" the tip I might be able to get it to go one once, but then I have to break it again for it to sort of work. I am very disappointed in Avon. Now I am stuck trying to find an alternative, that is why I am here! Any suggestions?

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by giraffesintheair

I like the nonwaterproof better. This product isn't really waterproof. It definitely fades by the end of the day from sweat, and of course it doesn't last if you swim. It works fine as a regular eyeliner though, pretty smooth, pretty subtle glitters - I have the white one still left and it's great for highlights. Would buy it again if the opportunity rises but it's not something I'd look especially hard for. If your friend is selling it and you can get a good deal, go for it! But you can do with any other eyeliner.