April 19, 2014 | 1574 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Maybelline - Expert Eyes Moisturizing Remover for waterproof Eye Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by OHSHIEEET

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Worst eye makeup remover I have ever used. It simply does not take mine or my mother's eye makeup off. No matter how much I rub the area with this crap, my mascara and eyeliner stays on (and I don't even use waterproof products). Like another person said, I had to tug so hard on my eyelashes that my eyelashes were being pulled out. But still my mascara and eyeliner didn't budge. The only thing it's effective in doing is irritating my eyelids. Not only does it NOT do what it's supposed to, but it's SO greasy. It's like taking baby oil and rubbing it on your eyes. It also blurs your vision if you get any in your eyes. My mother and I both agreed that this was the absolute worst eye makeup remover either of us have come across. I cannot advise agains this stuff enough. I'm back to using Neutrogena's Oil-Free eye makeup remover and it's SO much better. Cheap and gets the job done.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2011 More reviews by megtastic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this at walgreens because I cant seem to get off my waterproof mascara. This said it was made for waterproof mascara. Its so oily I can stand it. And it doesnt get all the mascara off but any eye make up remover I have tried never gets it all off.
Sigh lol I need some help finding a good eye makeup remover?????

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Tap2695

I realllly didn't like this make up remover, even for just waterproof mascara. The ONLY good thing about it was that I liked the type of cap- the smaller opening is a lot more convenient than just an open bottle.

Cons-
1. Gross, oily residue
2. Takes forever to remove makeup, even when you squeeze a ton onto a cotton pad and rub for a really long, looong time
3. All the rubbing made my eyes hurt
4. Stung my eyes
5. Even after then entire gross, painful process is repeated multiple times, the mascara is still almost completely on.

Instead, I STRONGLY recommend the Sonia Kashuk make up remover. It feels sooo nice on your skin, and it is a little more expensive but the bottle is larger and it works like ten million times better. Seriously.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This does work.. but it burns my eyes, and takes a lot of work to remove.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by hyukluv3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok so this was the first ever eye makeup remover I used (besides nice old fashioned cold cream) and at first I thought it was alright. But I noticed more and more just how super super oily it was and it burned my eyes. Quite badly. I would have to keep them closed for a good 40 seconds or so to get them to stop hurting. It did get off my eye makeup quite well without scrubbing too much. But otherwise, I really disliked it in the end.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by lexaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Like the reviewers before me have said, the product does feel way too oily. I know it's supposed to be "moisturizing", but honestly it just makes my skin feel gross! However, it does its job and successfully removes my eye makeup. No complaints in that area.

EDIT: I don't know what happened, but one day I had a very bad reaction to this product. My eyelid was swollen for weeks, and although it is no longer red and puffy, it's definitely droopier than it was before. Definitely not buying this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Nat360

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's oily but it does the trick nothing a good face washing can't fix after. I have combo skin but surprisingly my face didn't seem bothered by it. I prefer using Mary Kay's oil free makeup remover but I'm almost out and I stay clear of the pink posse if I can help it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by saucybrat

This product is garbage!!!

After you use it you have to wash the eye area with almost hot water (You know what I mean) just to get the oily film off...and can you see after using it? NOT!!! You have to blink a thousand times to get your vision focussed.

Cute little compact bottle, the product itself is HORRIBLE!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by rachelwinds

This is the WORST makeup remover I've tried....ever! It has the most nastiest consistency...worse than baby oil....it removes the makeup but then afterwards good luck trying to remove the greasy mess, which will be on there all night... gross! Believe the bad reviews!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by xxAutumnakixx

This product is horrible. It's like a bottle of oil. The cap gets constantly covered in the the product and as a result the bottle ends up feeling greasy and it gets all over your hands. It leaves a disgusting residue on the skin and it can be difficult to remove it.

It is better than their non waterpoof remover at taking off eyeshadows. but sometimes if I'm wearing a darker shadow it'll just move it around my eyes. It never removes my mascara.

Don't waste your money.