Maybelline Expert Eyes Moisturizing Remover for waterproof Eye Makeup

2.3

Mineral Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin Oil, Butylparaben

on 6/1/2011 11:49:00 PM

Greasy, like lube...got in my eyes and made my vision cloudy.

on 6/1/2011 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hate it. Its all oily and greasy and sticky and ewww. Just gross!

It never got my makeup off without a lot of product and a lot of work--plus it burned my eyes and irritated my skin every single time!

Stay away!

on 4/27/2011 1:21:00 AM

I bought this stuff once many years ago and hated it. I bought it again today because I was desperate and it was the only thing I could find at my grocery store. I remember now why I avoided it for so long. I think they basically just package baby oil in this container and call it eye makeup remover. I still have about half of my waterproof mascara left on, but I didn't want to keep rubbing my eyes. My left eye is super blurry. Both eyes feel extremely oily and gross. Ugh. Not worth whatever I paid for it, even if it was only $3 or something.

I *do* like the regular formula though, i.e., not waterproof.

on 4/26/2011 10:40:00 PM

I liked that this eye makeup remover was moisturizing, but it's lacking a lot. It took far too much work to take off all of my makeup, although if I used a couple cotton balls and swiped it several times I successfully got it all off. I also liked that the oiliness of the product kept it from tugging too much at my eyelashes. However it left the area around my eyes completely oily. That's okay at night I suppose, but if I needed to use it in the morning to take off any leftover eye makeup, I had to wipe down my eyes with really warm water just to take the oil off so I could put on makeup and not look completely shiny. Overall I'd say it's a tolerable product, but there are other inexpensive eye makeup removers that are better.

on 4/19/2011 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Worst eye makeup remover I have ever used. It simply does not take mine or my mother's eye makeup off. No matter how much I rub the area with this crap, my mascara and eyeliner stays on (and I don't even use waterproof products). Like another person said, I had to tug so hard on my eyelashes that my eyelashes were being pulled out. But still my mascara and eyeliner didn't budge. The only thing it's effective in doing is irritating my eyelids. Not only does it NOT do what it's supposed to, but it's SO greasy. It's like taking baby oil and rubbing it on your eyes. It also blurs your vision if you get any in your eyes. My mother and I both agreed that this was the absolute worst eye makeup remover either of us have come across. I cannot advise agains this stuff enough. I'm back to using Neutrogena's Oil-Free eye makeup remover and it's SO much better. Cheap and gets the job done.

I bought this at walgreens because I cant seem to get off my waterproof mascara. This said it was made for waterproof mascara. Its so oily I can stand it. And it doesnt get all the mascara off but any eye make up remover I have tried never gets it all off.
Sigh lol I need some help finding a good eye makeup remover?????

on 4/4/2011 4:28:00 PM

I realllly didn't like this make up remover, even for just waterproof mascara. The ONLY good thing about it was that I liked the type of cap- the smaller opening is a lot more convenient than just an open bottle.

Cons-
1. Gross, oily residue
2. Takes forever to remove makeup, even when you squeeze a ton onto a cotton pad and rub for a really long, looong time
3. All the rubbing made my eyes hurt
4. Stung my eyes
5. Even after then entire gross, painful process is repeated multiple times, the mascara is still almost completely on.

Instead, I STRONGLY recommend the Sonia Kashuk make up remover. It feels sooo nice on your skin, and it is a little more expensive but the bottle is larger and it works like ten million times better. Seriously.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This does work.. but it burns my eyes, and takes a lot of work to remove.

on 4/4/2011 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Ok so this was the first ever eye makeup remover I used (besides nice old fashioned cold cream) and at first I thought it was alright. But I noticed more and more just how super super oily it was and it burned my eyes. Quite badly. I would have to keep them closed for a good 40 seconds or so to get them to stop hurting. It did get off my eye makeup quite well without scrubbing too much. But otherwise, I really disliked it in the end.

on 4/1/2011 8:14:00 PM

Like the reviewers before me have said, the product does feel way too oily. I know it's supposed to be "moisturizing", but honestly it just makes my skin feel gross! However, it does its job and successfully removes my eye makeup. No complaints in that area.

EDIT: I don't know what happened, but one day I had a very bad reaction to this product. My eyelid was swollen for weeks, and although it is no longer red and puffy, it's definitely droopier than it was before. Definitely not buying this one again.