MAC Pink Bronze Pigment

4.1

on 5/25/2007 12:13:00 AM

I want to describe this colour to the best of my ability and be as fair as I can be about it. It is indeed a light orange, frozen-pink type of a colour as others have described it. The funny thing is everything about orange tells you this should be more of a warm p/m but not quite as there are cool properties about it (the pink is cool). My difficulty with this p/m is that the texture is odd, kind of dry and brittle. Perhaps it's the highly reflective sheen BUT I cannot get satisfactory colour payoff. I've tried it wet, packed on, rubbed in etc and I cannot get it to "show up" the way I like it to. Personally I think Pink Bronze works best as a highlighter or layered over a base colour it can be quite beautiful. On it's own is a weaker p/m compared to the other star p/m that MAC makes. I don't have a full size jar and I'm glad because I have not come close to making a dent in my holiday sized container. I don't discourage anyone from trying this out as I've seen some ladies wear it beautifully (strongly recommend getting a sample size first) also it helps a lot if you've got some skills to begin with.

July 9th 2007 update. I have increased my rating to 4 lippies. I decided to play with Pinked Bronze one lazy Sunday afternoon and boy did I find the perfect combination! I paired it with my Nightlight pigment and used a short bristle stiff brush and WOW I was instantly in love. Now I just have to find some more other colours to pair it with....any suggestions??

on 4/8/2007 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Pink bronze is a gorgeous orangey shade. I think that it creates a pinky orange tone and has a bronzy look. It's another metallic pigment and it def is pretty. I'll be wearing this color more often for the summer...perfect summer shade.

on 12/1/2006 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my absolute favorite MAC pigment! I wear it along with Melon Pigment (as a wash) and applied wet it's a beautiful bright orange color that flashes pink. I love it :)

I'm a NC25/blonde/blue eyed girl and like warm colors best and this provides a great glowy look when paired with other peaches/pinks and corals :)

on 10/9/2006 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is pretty, but is NOT my color.

PB is very shimmery, which I like, but intensely coral-orange, which does not work at all on me. I just got a free small sample, and won't bother to re-buy. I can see how it would look fantastic ion a warm-toned person, but it's not for me.

on 10/3/2006 4:40:00 AM

this color doesnt get enough credit, if you ask me. i absolutely adore pink bronze. i admit that when my friend first gave me a sample of it, it sat on my dresser for quite a loong time before i even thought about trying it out. i use it wet all over my lids when i want a glammed up smokey pink look, using bright fuschia pig (HOLY GRAIL!) in the crease. soo sexy if you love pinks and oranges! i know this color doesnt work for everyone (my friend, who is NW40, gave me her whole container because she hated it) but on my NW20 face its lovely :]

on 8/1/2006 11:41:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is an interesting color. When I envision pink bronze, I think mid-dark shade. When I swapped for this, I was shocked it was so light! This is more of an orangey color, with a fushcia flash. This is great to pair with pinks, bronze, and orange colors. It works well in the summertime for a bold eye. This wasn't my first choice, but it's not bad. I'm not sure if I would buy it again, since I have a lifetime supply already.

on 8/1/2006 11:41:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

on 7/11/2006 12:01:00 PM

i didnt like this at all looks way too orangey on me nw20 black hair maybe ill give it a second chance and pair it with rule?

on 6/30/2006 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Not only is this not what I thought the color Pink Bronze should look like but it's also not at all flattering on my golden toned LLL skin..Pretty pink flash with an odd orangey,yellowish brown background..Reminded me of how an almost healed bruise looks**yuck**Not one of MAC's better shades

on 4/28/2006 4:43:00 PM

Very unique color. I saw it on the MA at MAC and it looked like the pigment form of Motif to me (she was very tan I would say NC45) but one me (NC25/C3) it looks like what I would imagine Paradisco looks like as a piggie. Very pretty though, it turns different colors as you move! Great summer shadow!