August 1, 2014 | 1561 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Trichomania bar

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ameaks

I received this as a sample and when I read the comments on here about peoples hair falling out or stripping the dye, I was thinking of just putting it up for swap. However, since I'm trying to get my hair back to it's natural color I didn't care if it would strip it. So I tried it....and I loved it. It doesn't lather well but it made my hair feel SO clean and SO shiny! Definitely a cleaner feeling than everything I've been using (Biolage, EverPure, etc.) and I'm just amazed at how shiny and beautiful it looks. I came out of the shower and my hair was noticeably less frizzy. Normally I use PM's Super Skinny serum for a sleek frizzfree look but I didn't need it with this shampoo.

If I want to continue to try to get my natural hair color back, I will use this in hopes of it fading my hair color. I if I decide to dye it though, I would not use this shampoo as I am scared of it stripping the dye.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by belleringer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i wanted to love this product, i really did... and im a total lush freak and it totally broke my heart but everything cant be perfect!! Tricho smells of divine coconut and does give an amazing amount of lather (i dont care about lather to be honest) but thats where the positive stops. My hair is waist length, thick, brunette and curly and this destroyed my hair in seconds... my hair was left hidiously dry and brittle to the point it was just falling out like crazy!! i never malt like that!! i couldn't believe it. I took it back to lush and refunded for ultimate shine and havnt looked back. the girls were absolutely fantastic about the whole issue and dealt with it fantastically. a shame about the product though :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by yoshimiinpink

I was skeptical, to say the least, about any solid shampoo. I was even more skeptical that I would find my HG hair product IN a solid shampoo form.

Color me wrong.

A bit of history - my hair is naturally wavy/kinky/curly, whatever you wanna call it - and VERY thick and long (mid back). For the past 10+ years, I've colored on and off, as well as blow-drying and flat-ironing it at least every other day if not every day. This had left it obviously very "meh" and the only real complaint I had was this ONE problem area on the very back of my crown that no matter what I did, deep conditioning, treatments...was just SO coarse and nasty. The only thing that even came close to working was putting pure coconut oil once a week as conditioner (every 2nd shampoo, I had perfect hair). I was at my wit's end when I found this - I figured, it certainly couldn't make it any worse than it was. I was hoping that it'd be somewhat nourishing like my coconut oil treatments had been, but without the oiliness.

This works like a dream. It doesn't lather very much but I think that's just how this bar works (my husband's New! bar lathers *very* well..).

It leaves your hair feeling very clean - almost squeakily so. I was worried that it'd be too dried out by this, but everything worked out perfectly. My problem area now lies down with the rest of my hair, is super sort, and I LOVE the smell~! It's so perfect for summer! My flyaways are gone, everything's so soft and uniform, and the best thing? I don't even have to wash it every day now. It gets it clean, but it's not an oil bucket the next morning either.

I will probably never use anything else but this, in tandem with the "American Cream" conditioner. And another great use? This is incredible to shave your legs with. Thanks Lush!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by billie87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have medium-long naturally wavy/curly-ish hair and I rarely have trouble with shampoo's. That being said, I found that trichomania dried out my hair and made it fall out. I really wanted to like it and I gave it a number of chances but it just didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by LaGardenia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

First of all, I love the name:Trichomania. It comes from Latin, meaning "Crazy about or obssessed with hair" and it is a play on "trichotillomania" which is a symptom of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

This smells lovely and produces a nice creamy and rich feeling lather. The coconut scent is fairly long lasting as well, prompting people to ask me what perfume I was wearing!
Alas, it strips the natural henna & indigo dye from my hair and somehow manages to react with my hair and scalp pH to be drying rather than moisturizing. Very strange.
I have naturally straight, dry, brittle, coarse, wiry color-treated hair. I'm half European, and half Latin American Native, so maybe us Native American/Latina folks will have mixed results since a Cherokee girl on the forum seems to have experienced the same thing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

This really did not work for me. I went in for Rehab or New but the salesperson told me it would be great for my dry frizzy hair. After the first few washes it seemed ok, my hair was stable not better or worse than before. Then I began getting a lot of buildup, my hair felt dry and coated and it started falling out a lot. I do have a problem with some hair loss but it increased quite a bit with continued use of this product. It got bad enough that I return the product. Besides the hair loss, buildup and increased dryness, this shampoo lathers up fairly well and smells really good (I dislike the scent of most lush products). Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Trichomania is my new favorite Shampoo bar from Lush! It's recommended for people with dry hair. My hair is dry and I find that it's alot more moisturizing than bottle shampoos. I cut my bar into 5 pieces. It's easier to manage and you don't waste alot of product using it this way. The smell..OMG is so divine. It's a creamy coconut smell that puts a smile on my face everytime I use it. I want to eat it!! Lol!! I have really curly hair and when my hair is dry I'm left with bouncy soft curls...I love Trichomania and will repurchase!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by abbyyyy

This was an okay shampoo - After the first use of my sample I actually loved it, my curls were more defined, my hair was smooth and it didn't dry out my hair like I thought it might. However, after the second and third uses of the sample I received from LUSH, I wasn't really that into it. It dried my medium-longish hair out at the ends, and it got a bit frizzy and gross. My curls were less defined and I decided to stop using it because it seemed to be doing more damage than good. Also, I developed flakes on my scalp and I had started to discover strands of my hair were coming out a lot more when I washed, brushed and styled my hair. Not good.

However, I have been using up the rest of my sample as a shaving cream for my legs and it honestly gives the best, most comfortable and closest shave that I have ever had. I wouldn't purchase this for that soul reason because it is pretty expensive, but I would probably willingly take more if I had the opportunity just so I could use it to shave my legs.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by sorchao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample at the store and thought the product was ok.

I have coloured hair so it definitely stripped a bit of it (my hair is a salon shade of red), but I did like the smell of my hair after and that it gave my hair tons of volume.

I didn't like that it took forever to lather up well for me. My hair had to be super wet and I got better lather if I shampooed my hair twice with this product.

If I got this as a gift I would use it, but I probably would not buy this for myself.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by tori8780

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not in love with this product. Perhaps it's because I have straight, frizzy hair and not the curly hair its recommended to, but it just doesnt do a whole lot for me. It feels heavy on my hair once I've rinsed it out, and I think if I tried using it multiple days in a row it would start to feel gunky. I use this shampoo when my hair is feeling especially dry and needs a hit of moisture. I think this would be a fab shampoo for curly girls with dry hair, but for my straight, dry hair it just makes it look lank. :( Too bad, because I am looking for a solid that is less drying than the pucks, but not so moisturizing that it weighs everything down.