October 25, 2014 | 1702 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Trichomania bar

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Younggrasshopa14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love how this lathers and last quite a while. it's also qute a bit cheaper than the other shampoo bars. the smell is also great (coconuty). however, i actually find that this leaves my hair looking really fluffy, which defeats the purpose of this being a bar for people with frizzy hair. i find that godiva is better for this purpose. like the other shampoo bars, it falls apart easily and is inconvenient to store. I wouldn't purchase this again, but i would purchase other shampoo bars that Lush offers.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by mjc174

It takes a few washes to notice a difference, however, I don't find this to be as moisturizing as it says it is. I also found that it doesn't lather very well. It smells delicious I must say. However, if I had to choose between Curly Wurly and this, I would pick Curly Wurly.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by tadpole02

I have used this, along with other Lush products for a few months now. I like it, also. I have thin, curly hair that tends to frizz a lot and it works well with my hair. My son has thick, curly hair and it works with his, too. I do use conditioner after shampooing with this, like I do with all shampoos. I like the convenience of the Lush bar shampoos and the fact that they bubble and soap up like nobody's business. I may repurchase this after trying the other shampoos in their line, but for now I am in love with the Bliss bar.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by gwoopenberrycrunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i just tried this tonight...i like it....i dont really smell coconut on my hair however *boo*...i dont use styling products on my hair just a small amount of leave in for me and blow dry...my hair is shiny and smooth...i have naturally thick coarse hair and i like how it made it soft and full....i love shampoo bars from lush to begin and this one to me is a keeper

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ameaks

I received this as a sample and when I read the comments on here about peoples hair falling out or stripping the dye, I was thinking of just putting it up for swap. However, since I'm trying to get my hair back to it's natural color I didn't care if it would strip it. So I tried it....and I loved it. It doesn't lather well but it made my hair feel SO clean and SO shiny! Definitely a cleaner feeling than everything I've been using (Biolage, EverPure, etc.) and I'm just amazed at how shiny and beautiful it looks. I came out of the shower and my hair was noticeably less frizzy. Normally I use PM's Super Skinny serum for a sleek frizzfree look but I didn't need it with this shampoo.

If I want to continue to try to get my natural hair color back, I will use this in hopes of it fading my hair color. I if I decide to dye it though, I would not use this shampoo as I am scared of it stripping the dye.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by belleringer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i wanted to love this product, i really did... and im a total lush freak and it totally broke my heart but everything cant be perfect!! Tricho smells of divine coconut and does give an amazing amount of lather (i dont care about lather to be honest) but thats where the positive stops. My hair is waist length, thick, brunette and curly and this destroyed my hair in seconds... my hair was left hidiously dry and brittle to the point it was just falling out like crazy!! i never malt like that!! i couldn't believe it. I took it back to lush and refunded for ultimate shine and havnt looked back. the girls were absolutely fantastic about the whole issue and dealt with it fantastically. a shame about the product though :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by yoshimiinpink

I was skeptical, to say the least, about any solid shampoo. I was even more skeptical that I would find my HG hair product IN a solid shampoo form.

Color me wrong.

A bit of history - my hair is naturally wavy/kinky/curly, whatever you wanna call it - and VERY thick and long (mid back). For the past 10+ years, I've colored on and off, as well as blow-drying and flat-ironing it at least every other day if not every day. This had left it obviously very "meh" and the only real complaint I had was this ONE problem area on the very back of my crown that no matter what I did, deep conditioning, treatments...was just SO coarse and nasty. The only thing that even came close to working was putting pure coconut oil once a week as conditioner (every 2nd shampoo, I had perfect hair). I was at my wit's end when I found this - I figured, it certainly couldn't make it any worse than it was. I was hoping that it'd be somewhat nourishing like my coconut oil treatments had been, but without the oiliness.

This works like a dream. It doesn't lather very much but I think that's just how this bar works (my husband's New! bar lathers *very* well..).

It leaves your hair feeling very clean - almost squeakily so. I was worried that it'd be too dried out by this, but everything worked out perfectly. My problem area now lies down with the rest of my hair, is super sort, and I LOVE the smell~! It's so perfect for summer! My flyaways are gone, everything's so soft and uniform, and the best thing? I don't even have to wash it every day now. It gets it clean, but it's not an oil bucket the next morning either.

I will probably never use anything else but this, in tandem with the "American Cream" conditioner. And another great use? This is incredible to shave your legs with. Thanks Lush!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by billie87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have medium-long naturally wavy/curly-ish hair and I rarely have trouble with shampoo's. That being said, I found that trichomania dried out my hair and made it fall out. I really wanted to like it and I gave it a number of chances but it just didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by LaGardenia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

First of all, I love the name:Trichomania. It comes from Latin, meaning "Crazy about or obssessed with hair" and it is a play on "trichotillomania" which is a symptom of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

This smells lovely and produces a nice creamy and rich feeling lather. The coconut scent is fairly long lasting as well, prompting people to ask me what perfume I was wearing!
Alas, it strips the natural henna & indigo dye from my hair and somehow manages to react with my hair and scalp pH to be drying rather than moisturizing. Very strange.
I have naturally straight, dry, brittle, coarse, wiry color-treated hair. I'm half European, and half Latin American Native, so maybe us Native American/Latina folks will have mixed results since a Cherokee girl on the forum seems to have experienced the same thing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

This really did not work for me. I went in for Rehab or New but the salesperson told me it would be great for my dry frizzy hair. After the first few washes it seemed ok, my hair was stable not better or worse than before. Then I began getting a lot of buildup, my hair felt dry and coated and it started falling out a lot. I do have a problem with some hair loss but it increased quite a bit with continued use of this product. It got bad enough that I return the product. Besides the hair loss, buildup and increased dryness, this shampoo lathers up fairly well and smells really good (I dislike the scent of most lush products). Would not repurchase.